Gotta crow: Making the world vape-friendly one pizza joint at a time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
I got to vape in a restaurant today!

The area I live in has a municipal ban against smoking inside - restaurants, bars, even tobacco shops.

Every Tuesday night, a group of friends gets together for pizza at a restaurant owned by a guy some of us went to high school with.

The owner will come sit with us for a while if he stops by on a Tuesday night. He was there tonight, so I gave him one of the V4L cards with the explanation of PVs on the back and asked him if he had a policy on vaping inside. He double-checked that there was indeed no smoke, no fire, no tobacco involved, and no applicable municipal ban or health code, watched as I disassembled and reassembled my new 510, then told me to vape away and commented on how cool it was. He says he has to check regulations, but believes he will have an official pro-vaping policy by next week. (He already keeps a large, comfortable, and welcoming smokers' patio specifically for the business it attracts, and he advertises that feature. If he makes a vaping policy, it won't be a quiet word-of-mouth thing, it will be boldly announced and welcoming. He understands the economics of indulging vice.)

I feel so smug right now. I'm waiting to see if there's a "Vapor-friendly" sign in the window next week! :toast:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Here is the link to the site for vape friendly locations where you can add your local favorite places to vape:
Vape Friendly Locations

The site is a terrific idea (The list is sortable by State). I added a few from Arizona a while ago. I try to talk to the owners/managers to inform them about PVs and get permission. If you are well versed in your local smoking laws and can demo your e-cig, it usually is a no brainer for the owners to ok your vaping.

Last time I was in one of the places that allows me to vape, I brought along a few vaping buddies and some printed off business card sized info. papers that had ECF's site and brief e-cig info so the owner had them to give to anyone who might complain or be concerned about what we were doing. He was happy to have them and have a few new customers! Next time, I'll bring some printed signs for him to hang up in the bar. :toast:

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
Jaka - not in Austin by chance, are you?
I'd go out of my way to support a 'vape friendly' business.

Afraid not, although I guess now that I'm vaping instead of smoking, I'm a lot less allergic to Austin than I used to be.

Of course, when I developed that distaste for Austin, I could still smoke in restaurants at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread