Gotta finish smoking them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pissy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Somewhere
I know this will sound really crazy but I have about 2 1/2 cartons of analogs. I never planned to stop smoking, just wanted to be able to get my nicotine and TH in places where you can't smoke. Well.....I am so close to quitting the analogs all together. I figured that I would just smoke 3-5 a day until they were gone and never by anymore. Last night about 8pm I looked over at my end table and there are the 3 smokes I had laid out for my daily allotment (hadn't smoked one all day and really hadn't noticed). I had to talk myself into smoking them.:facepalm: How ridiculous is that, they tasted awful, smelled awful, etc. I have no one that I can sell or give these to and I'm the type that I just can't throw them away. If I were going on a diet I would have to eat all of that pudding in the refrigerator first, I just can't throw stuff away (not a hoarder by the way8-o). This should only take me about 2 weeks or so to smoke through them, and then I'm off of them for good. I love vaping! I am just amazed that it is taking the place of the "others" so easily and pain/anxiety free.:cool:

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
I understand;;;COMPLETELY. It was the same way for me. When I did smoke a analog at around day 2, it tasted so bad and smelled so bad, that was it. I just tossed 1/2 pack away and that was it. When that "urge"woud hit me, I'd just vape up a small storm and it was all good again. No more "urge".

Stick with it and you will be fine. Before you know it, 1 week has passed. Then 1 month has passed. It is truly amazing, isn't it. After 40 years of smoking and just like this, I'm done. It was so painless I can't believe it. That was November of last year. It's still hard to believe, but true.

Good luck to ya. :vapor:

Maxine

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Maine
Thanks for the encouragement, I kinda figured I'd get beat up a bit in this one. I'm kind of a tight wad and can't stand to waste stuff.

Everybody has to cope in their own fashion, but the money's up in smoke whether you light them or pitch them. I just hate to see you lose ground on the fine progress you've made.

Pissy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Somewhere
The funny, no hilarious thing is that I had absolutely NO intention of quitting smoking, I loved it! But then, oh wow, I didn't even have to decide, my body decided for me and my brain just seems to be along for the ride and it's OK with the path that we're on (oh wait, did I just refer to myself as 2 people, maybe I need therapy. VAPING THERAPY, bwahahaha!) I am my best comical audience.

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
I know this will sound really crazy but I have about 2 1/2 cartons of analogs. I never planned to stop smoking, just wanted to be able to get my nicotine and TH in places where you can't smoke. Well.....I am so close to quitting the analogs all together. I figured that I would just smoke 3-5 a day until they were gone and never by anymore. Last night about 8pm I looked over at my end table and there are the 3 smokes I had laid out for my daily allotment (hadn't smoked one all day and really hadn't noticed). I had to talk myself into smoking them.:facepalm: How ridiculous is that, they tasted awful, smelled awful, etc. I have no one that I can sell or give these to and I'm the type that I just can't throw them away. If I were going on a diet I would have to eat all of that pudding in the refrigerator first, I just can't throw stuff away (not a hoarder by the way8-o). This should only take me about 2 weeks or so to smoke through them, and then I'm off of them for good. I love vaping! I am just amazed that it is taking the place of the "others" so easily and pain/anxiety free.:cool:

It is amazing, eh? I had about 20 cartons when I quit. Ended up selling them at a discount.

You can find someone somewhere who can use them.

Congrats.

pupmastermp3

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
los angeles
www.facebook.com
I was amazed at how fast I gave up analogs. On day two, I smoked until I went to bed and then threw away what was left in the pack. Luckily I had only the pack left. I however agree with REGGIE
Everybody has to cope in their own fashion, but the money's up in smoke whether you light them or pitch them. I just hate to see you lose ground on the fine progress you've made.

You can give them to a homeless person and make there day, though I think throwing them away (I actually made it a bit like a ceremony and crushed them one by one) was theraputic. Like I was crushing the habit and throwing it away instead of them.

Good Luck to you and Happy Vaping!!!

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Good for you :) Sounds like your ready to quit :)

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
For me, there was no better feeling than the first day I went a whole day without smoking an analog. I don't mean physically although there is that, but the way it made me feel about myself. I tried everything and could not quit. I thought I was destined to be a smoker with all it entailed. I don't think people that smoke are losers but it's sort of the way I felt about myself. Smoking really did a number on my self esteem. Every one is different.

I'm definitely not ready to throw the cigarettes away at this point (or tobacco in my case because I rolled) but I think at the one month point I give it away.

Best of luck Pissy, I think you're doing great! I have a feeling you'll give them up all together before you ever finish them.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
The funny, no hilarious thing is that I had absolutely NO intention of quitting smoking, I loved it! But then, oh wow, I didn't even have to decide, my body decided for me and my brain just seems to be along for the ride and it's OK with the path that we're on (oh wait, did I just refer to myself as 2 people, maybe I need therapy. VAPING THERAPY, bwahahaha!) I am my best comical audience.

You've been given a "gift" of sorts. Why waste it? Just be done with 'em.
I'm exceptionally appreciative of the fact that I never looked back.

To each his own, of course, but why fix it if it ain't broke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread