Status
Not open for further replies.

Dob_Bobolina

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
The juice

gotvapes recently sent us a few juices to review, and this Mountain Rift tobacco flavor was one of them. This juice has an intriguing name and an even more intriguing flavor. It is @ 24mg nicotine. This juice is a 65/35 PG/VG blend, and I am using a Flugo eGo with one of my low resistance 510 atomizers, and a standard resistance 510 atomizer.

Now, I typically vape between 8-18 mg, almost always at 12 though, so this 24 is pretty high for me.

Ratings

We base our juice reviews on a scale of 1-5 broken down into the following categories:

Flavor
Vapor Production
Throat Hit
Consistency
The overall score will be these categories averaged together.

Flavor: 1/5

This is the funkiest flavor I have ever had. The flavor is on the sweet side of things. I do not taste any tobacco flavor in it. What I do taste is a really strange blend of something like ginger, citrus, and maybe...... pineapple? Its got this citrus-y spiciness of funk. I may be totally off on the pineapple part but there is something kind of fruity in it apart from the citrus. On the end of the exhale I think I am also tasting the PG in the juice, which is kind of a nice change..... I think its a bad flavor combination. I do not like this flavor.

Vapor Production: 4/5

This juice does make a very good amount of vapor, its about on par with a lot of the thicker 70/30 PG/VG blends out there, even though its at 65/35.

Throat hit: 1.5/5

There is a light weight to the vapor but no throat hit. Very mellow, appropriate for a sweet fruity flavor.

Consistency: 3.0/5

This juice is on the runnier side, which surprised me seeing that it is 35% VG. Not my favorite for dripping but would probably work really well in a cartomizer or one of gotvapes Fluxomizers for wicking purposes.

Overall Score: 2.0/5

The redeeming quality in this juice is the fact that it makes a ton of vapor. I could only recommend it to someone looking for a seriously funky fruity type flavor.

Dob_Bobolina

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
re: Mountain Rift tobacco flavor

are you sure its not mt dew flavor with a different name?

I don't think so... You know this actually has improved a little with the steeping, if you have ever been to Disney Land California Adventures, it tastes just like the smell they spray on the soaring over California ride when you go over Lake Tahoe... It doesn't taste like a tobacco flavor at all but I am getting this kind of citrus and pine type of taste now... a little better than the initial ginger funk I was getting

Galthrojh

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
Must let this steep first. I could NOT vape this at all right after getting it. After about a week of steeping, I still didn't taste much of the tobacco or the smokiness I expected from it, but that citrus taste is wonderful. If you don't let it steep it'll overwhelm you and like Dob said, it'll be a funky fruit citrus taste. But after steeping it's gold. (If you like citrus.... and I like drinking a lot of orange juice XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread