Status
Not open for further replies.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
So this is the first time I have posted here, and although I have considered it before, I have decided to press on, give the benefit of the doubt, continue spending my money with this vendor, and hope I would recieve the same level of service or better than I recieve from other vendors who haven't consistently let me down.

I have spent 100s of dollars with GotVapes. Here is a brief history of my experience thus far. I have probably ordered from them 7 or so times in the last 2 to 3 months. 3 orders ago, was for a series of Stardusts, I recieved the wrong colors, and one that I just had to toss out. (Granted I realize a dud will happen, not the vendors fault there). I did contact GotVapes through the Ticket system, about 2 to 3 days later I recieve a one line reply from Daniel. No offer to send the correct item, no real offer to do anything. Just said the color I wanted was out of stock. When I asked about the one that did not work at all...again, i get a couple of one line responses which did not help me at all. I believe it was after this order they provided a 10% off coupon code to use on my next order. That was something I did appreciate. (It took some prodding though....whereas most vendors seem to come with an apology and solution in their first response)

Ok..so a few weeks later, (about 2 weeks ago), I placed another order. One of the cartos I ordered was missing from the order. It was on the invoice, just not in the package. I contacted them through the help desk again....and again, a few days later, i get the non-apologetic one liner from Daniel. I had specifically asked when he would be sending the missing carto, The response was "we will just include it in your next order"

So here we are today...another order, another $50 or so spent, and one of the drip tips I ordered is not here. There is another drip tip included, but not the one I ordered. I also realized that one of the cartos I recieved in this order has the plastic wrap cut open...so its completely loose. I just submitted a ticket again...I'm sure it will be a few days before I hear back (which is another thing I don't understand, every other vendor I deal with is very responsive). I get the feeling GotVapes does not really care about their customers or business, because I get no sense of them trying to go above or beyond. In my email to Daniel today, I was VERY clear that this was getting ridiculous, and I definitely expressed my frustration. I have a feeling I will get another one liner that says "we'll send it with your next order", but honestly, I don't think there will be one. I really need to see some more from these guys besides just being the first to get new products and attaching a catchy name to them. I always wait a bit to see what everyone has to say about the new gadgets when they come out anyway, and by then, other vendors carry the same items. They are also one of the only vendors I have worked with that hasn't sent free samples or goodies at some point, especially after having some of the issues I have had, I would have thought a gesture beyond that 10% off the one time would have taken place.

I wasn't 100% sure I was going to post here...I even mentioned it in my note to Daniel, but immediately upon coming into this sub-forum I saw GotVapes listed 3 or 4 times, it became clear that this is not just me. I was ready to chalk it up as bad luck, but seeing the other reviews, I felt it was best to inform fellow vapers that this appears to be a common issue with this vendor. Unless some big changes happen over there, I doubt I will be ordering from them again.

Even after writing this post, I was reading through some of the other reviews listed here regarding GotVapes, and I am completely shocked by the tone used toward their customers in the responses to the issues listed. Seems like a lot of excuses, not a lot of apologies, certainly not the best way to approach the people who are clicking "charge my credit card" on your website.

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Daniele can you PM me with your ticket numbers or order numbers? We usually ALWAYS respond if an item is missing to send the item out. Many vendors might just refund but even if it is something small and we know you need it we will send it out. We very rarely tell a customer we will just send something out on the next order as we have no idea when you may be ordering again. Sometimes we may ask you if it is 'ok' to send it out on the next order, to mention in the order comments, but we leave that option up to the customer. So I am just curious about this.

On the fact you may have felt my response was brief - Up until about a week or so ago I was handling all tickets and when I went into tickets I had to go through them without alot of fanfare. We have now hired someone to help with the tickets.

But please PM me with information on this and I will check everything and make sure it has all been taken care of.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Ok I found the tickets. Back in May you ordered long wick stardusts, Chris set you short wick. I responded:

"Hi - sorry for the mistake. I can send out the correct ones but this may not happen until after the move as we are extremely busy with the move that is going to start goign into affect in a couple of days. If you want you can go ahead and keep those and I'll give you a 10% discount code to use on next order. Otherwise you could return for exchange and I'll refund the shipping. Just let me know...I wanted to warn you that with the move it could be up to two weeks or more until we are settled to get to something like this.

Thanks,

Daniel"

You responded the coupon code would 'work'.

On another ticket you were short a shorty (no pun intended :) ... I responded:

"Daneille--can you mention this on a future order? Otherwise I can just refund this..."

The shorty is actually very very small and we didn't want to put that in the mail by itself, it is also only around 1.75 so I was asking if it was ok to mention on the next order or I could just refund. You never responded back. You ordered 3 of one color and 2 of another, so the offer to mention on next order or I could just refund you was in knowing that you were not completely without cartos and I was just askig if that resolution would be ok.

On another ticket you said you received 3 of 4 Stardusts and also wanted to know what was the difference between the new Stardust and the older ones. I responded:

"Hi Danielle- I thought I left a note on the invoice that I would refund you for one of those as we were out of stock.

The new stardust slook identical but they are supposed to be more impervious to acidic type of juices.

Thanks,

Daniel"

The final ticket had to do with a order mix-up. On that order you had about 12 line items and I mixed up an Aluminum blue ming drip tip with an acrylic blue ming drip tip. You submitted the ticket around 9PM last night and Max answered you within about an hour, sayign he was forwarding to me. I have been working through the night on our labor day sale and just haven't had time to review tickets. So that one I hadn't answered yet (until now :), but Max did initially answer you within an hour, after hours.

One mistake is TOO many, we take it very seriously but it will happen here and there out of hundreds of orders sent out each week. But even when very busy I try to be friendly, kind and understanding, not short and dismissive - you received only one 'one line' response, not the many you represented above. And even that was responsive, not dismissing anything, and asking you what you would like to do, offering a solution without argument. I do understand though any frustration you may feel, we really don't ever want a customer to have any problems whatsoever with their orders.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Thank you for the replies Daniel.

Thank you for reminding me, that it has actually been my last 4 orders in a row that have had some sort of issue. I didn't even remember the short vs long wick mix up. As you can see, that is a lot of my money spent, with a lot of issues along the way. Four orders in a row, and not one is 100% correct? That is an issue in my book. I too just went back through all of the Support Tickets, and yes, not all replies were one liners, but in most cases, that is as far as it goes. It has reached the point where recieving my packages from you guys has become a frustration versus exciting, like it should be when one recieves new toys to play with.

I realize you also offered to refund the missing carto, which I failed to mention in my first post, but the bottom line is, it shouldn't have even been a discussion point. I bought those cartos for a specific reason, I was going out of town, and wanted to take my mini eGo and Shorty cartos, as I wouldn't be vaping as much as usual....and here I was, a carto short for my trip. But again, details aside, I should be able to expect I will recieve what I order when it arrives.

On the Stardusts where the color I ordered was out of stock...I have a suggestion for you that I think most of your other customers would appreciate as well. If an item is out of stock, don't just assume the customer is fine not getting anything and want the refund instead. You should email them before the order goes out, ask them if they would like something else in its place, and this way you avoid any surprises when they open a package and find one of their items is missing. I bet you would alleviate a lof of frustration that way. This is how every other vendor I work with handles this, and its greatly appreciated. Not only is it the best way to serve your customers, its money in your pocket if they replace it with something else instead of taking the refund. This should be standard business practice.

There was another minor issue back in May i believe, that was also off-putting for me, and that I did not mention above. I was ordering the $60 "Ultimo" mod (its not on the site anymore), but I had questions about it. I believe you suggested I PM Chris here on the forum. I wanted to know the best cartos to use for this mod. We exchanged a couple of emails, this was all while I was considering making a $60 purchase (plus cartos, so a decent dollar amount) on your site, and I never recieved a response to my last PM on the subject. I still placed the order afew days later once I realized I wouldn't be getting any additional info, but looking back now after 4 straight orders have had some sort of issue, it has reminded me of that incident as well.

Lastly...do you have any idea why one of the blue shorty cartos in my most recent order has the individual plastic wrapper cut open? Was this a returned item or something? I can send a pic if need be, but am a little hesitant to use it to be honest if I don't know why it was opened.

All of the details aside, there have been issues with my last 4 orders in less than 3 months. If you guys are too busy to pay attention to the details, perhaps you need to hire more help. I don't know what exactly the issue is, but I'd like to think these things will change, and perhaps I can continue ordering with confidence. At this point, I just do not have the confidence that I will recieve the items I order. I think making some small changes like implementing my suggestion above about emailing your customers if something on their order is out of stock, etc, and making sure there are no surprises when your customers recieve their packages, will go a long way. I hope some of my feedback will be put to good use, and if so, I will likey be back for more products in the future.

I will go through the Ticket System to see what we need to do to resolve the drip tip issue from the latest order.

Thank you again for your response.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread