GotVapes Kanger ProTank head will not fit in Tatroe Tank's air shaft (...?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
Title says it all.. I bought a KangerTech Protank from Gotvapes and vaped it for a few days then ordered a Tatroe tank for use with kanger protank heads and base. This morning I tried to set up the Tatroe tank and the Kanger Protank head won't fit. The grooved shaft on the head (that goes into the air shaft on the tank) has a larger diameter than the inside of the airshaft on the Tatroe Tank so it will not slide inside like it's supposed to.

I'll take pictures and post them in a reply.

I contacted CigTechs on facebook to see what they have to say but I have not heard back yet.

Could it be that Gotvapes sold me a fake Protank? Or did Cigtechs mess up the machining?

I might just bore it out with a drill

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
ehe3ezy7.jpg

y7u4ege5.jpg

epyhu7yr.jpg

In the next pic you can clearly see the kanger protank air shaft has a larger inner diameter than the Tatroe tank
zegyma2a.jpg

In the picture below you can see that the Protank head won't fit inside the airshaft of the Tatroe tank
2aqedu3e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
This is what I was thinking. The evod stem may be slightly smaller in diameter. I don't have a micrometer or I would check.

If I remember correctly, the EVOD head is identical to the Protank head in all ways but one; its center shaft is not as long as the Protanks - the rest is the same. PBusardo compared the two heads in his Kanger Protank video review

OT: I asked Cigtechs (on facebook) for the correct dimension for the inner diameter and drilled out the center air shaft on the Tatroe tank to 3/16"

It works great now. I put in a fresh head with 1 of the 3 wicks removed and filled it with Mt. Baker's RY4 (80PG/20VG w/ 18mg Nic.) and it has been working perfect. Also, it makes more vapor since I removed a wick.

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
Now it has a strange taste.. I'm vaping Mt. Baker's RY4 (80PG/20VG @ 18mg Nic.) and it has a sweet taste that isn't part of the juice and this is the only device I have that makes that taste. I'm using an EVOD right now and it has the same exact head as the Protank so I don't understand why it would taste so off.

Could drilling out the air shaft have done something to make the Tatroe tank produce a strange, sweet flavor?

EDIT: I think what happened was I had a little bit of Dekang watermelon left in my syringe and when I used it to fill the tatroe tank the RY4 mixed with the little bit of Dekang and made a really weird RY4 watermelon combo. It's not gross.. It's just strange. lol

Last edited:

Kevo56

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2013
Sunnyvale, CA
I'm having a different problem with my Tatroe tank. The air shaft diameter is fine, but I think it is too long. It is cutting off juice flow to the coil. After just one or two hits it's dry as a bone. I removed one of the wicks, and even unscrewed the base a turn, and still can't get juice to the coil. I guess I'll try contacting Cigtechs and see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread