The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GotVapes Sapphire Hybrid Tank System 6 Volt Review

Discussion in 'Cartomizer Reviews' started by sizemore2000, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sizemore2000

sizemore2000 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Tahlequah, Oklahoma
    Well, it just so happens I got my Sapphire Hybrid Tank cartomizers in today. I have never used any tank system since I have been vaping. I've heard they leak, and etc. But Gotvapes has made a claim that this one will not leak, and has no filler, so I decided to give this one a try. Now they claim this tank to be 2.4ohms, so I was a little hesitant to order it. The reason for this is that I vape at 6 volts. I started on a Chuck at 3.7, until I figured out it could use two 3 volt batteries for 6 volt vaping. After I tried 6 volts, I was never able to return to 3.7. Just not enough oomph for me. Sooo, this review is strictly to let others know of my experience with the Sapphire at 6 volts. As this is my first day to have this tank cartomizer, I may update it later with further results. Now, on to the review:

1. Ease of use: 7/10
    The Sapphire wasn't too hard to fill up. Take the mouthpiece off, put the supplied adapter on your juice bottle, uncork the tank, and fill. The only reason I'm giving it a 7 is because, while you are filling the tank, there is some juice that runs out of the bottom. I didn't have my paper towel, so it got a little messy. Nothing too bad though. So far no leaking from the tank! That's nice. Screws in nicely on my Saber Touch.

2. Throat Hit: 9/10
    This thing hits great at 6 volts. I was nervous about the low ohm factor, but if you like cigar like throat hit like I do, this will satisfy.

3. Vapor Production:10/10
    Wow! This produces massive vapor! I love it! My head is still spinning a little bit, but I love my new fog machine. The Sapphire produces major vapor at 6 volts. I'll be honest, I tried it at 3.7 volts, but I will not review that at all, since I am completely biased to the 6 volt batteries.

4. Flavor:9/10
    The flavor really shines through with the Sapphire. I guess the lack of filler probably helps, but everything tastes really good!

Pros so far: Holds a lot of liquid! Hits great, with great vapor production. No leaks so far, either on it's side or in any other position. Great for people who drive a lot! I took the black wrapper off, so it looks like a clearomizer, and now I know exactly how much juice I have in my carto!!!

Cons so far: A little messy filling it up. Maybe I will get better with it the 2nd time I fill it.

2. borockster

borockster Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Western Ky.
    Thanks for the review. Mine tasted burnt at 5V but i'll try it again after a break in period.

3. sizemore2000

Jun 13, 2010
    Tahlequah, Oklahoma
    I'm using a dark ejuice. Geoff's Blend at about 25mg. Vapes great at 6, but if yours is tasting burnt, I'd definitely give it a break in time. They build up more resistance with time. I have noticed they don't draw quite as good as a regular carto, but not too bad. I like the 901 type flat mouthpiece, but I have had it come off in my pocket. I like the sapphire so far. My wife likes the crackle of the regular cartos, but she doesn't drive as much as I do. I like the tank.

4. borockster

Apr 12, 2011
    Western Ky.
    I gave them both to my wife and ordered a Liquinator.

5. sizemore2000

Jun 13, 2010
    Tahlequah, Oklahoma
    I did start getting major burnt taste on day 2. I switched back down to 3.7volts. They are a little on the light side for my taste, but I like the design. Needs a bigger airflow chamber coming up the side. The draw is too tight, but they aren't bad at 3.7. They aren't as good as my standard cartos, except for the fact you can fill it up and be gone all day without needing juice. Where are you getting the liquinator? I would really like a tank system about the same size as the sapphire, but with the performance of my cartos! I don't reall want one of those giant tank systems, but that may be my only choice as of now. Could change next week though.

6. borockster

Apr 12, 2011
    Western Ky.
    Vaporescence has them back in stock.

7. jivefly

jivefly Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2011
    DS, La
    These things leak like crazy. More so than any other atomizer I've ever used. Even during filling them with the little nipple they supply, through the top, the juice begins filling up the return air vent. I've never wasted more juice fiddling with an atty in my life. I wanted these to work and for the advertising surrounding these for "NO leaking, no fuss" etc., they sure are quite a fuss. I've watched the video reviews of these, and the instructional video on how to use them, so I'm not simply doing something wrong. Either I got two bad eggs or these things are being hyped. The juice literally fills the main reservoir and then I see bubbles coming up through the wick into the reservoir and the little side air vent begins filling up with juice and eventually leaking out of the bottom.

What am I doing wrong where these things leak immediately upon filling them?

8. shanagan

shanagan Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    Texas
    I'm going to guess you've over-tightened them, twisting the plastic so that the side vent isn't lined up correctly anymore over the atty. Its fairly easy to pull the plastic tube off and put it back on so I'd give that a shot, making sure you've lined up the vent correctly when you do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.