Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
fireworks3.jpg

A National Holiday Like No Other, Here & Abroad. Three Cheers To The Red White & Blue!
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY FROM ALL OF US AT GOTVAPES.COM!

On July 8, 1776, the first public readings of the Declaration were held in Philadelphia's Independence Square to the ringing of bells and band music. One year later, on July 4, 1777, Philadelphia marked Independence Day by adjourning Congress and celebrating with bonfires, bells and fireworks.
The custom eventually spread to other towns, both large and small, where the day was marked with processions, oratory, picnics, contests, games, military displays and fireworks. Observations throughout the nation became even more common at the end of the War of 1812 with Great Britain.
On June 24, 1826, Thomas Jefferson sent a letter to Roger C. Weightman, declining an invitation to come to Washington, D.C., to help celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. It was the last letter that Jefferson, who was gravely ill, ever wrote. In it, Jefferson says of the document:
"May it be to the world, what I believe it will be ... the signal of arousing men to burst the chains ... and to assume the blessings and security of self-government. That form, which we have substituted, restores the free right to the unbounded exercise of reason and freedom of opinion. All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. ... For ourselves, let the annual return of this day forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
Congress established Independence Day as a holiday in 1870, and in 1938 Congress reaffirmed it as a holiday, but with full pay for federal employees. Today, communities across the nation mark this major midsummer holiday with parades, firework displays, picnics and the playing of the "Star-Spangled Banner" and marches by John Philip Sousa.

(from pbs.org)

Celebrating at GotVapes with these specials through Midnight CST July 4th:

GotVapes VISION $10.95 $7.95!
GotVapes MaXimizer $10.95 $9.45!
GotVapes PumpCart $7.95 $6.45!
GotVapes Diamond Dual Coil $14.95 $10.95!
GotVapes Diamond Single Coil $10.95 $8.95!
SMOKtech Dual Coil Solids - Steel & Black $14.95 $10.95!
ePOWER Replacebale Battery 14650 Kit - Stainless 53.95 $46.95!
GotVapes VOLT 510 Super Kit with FLüX MaXimizer 69.95 $59.95!
Joye Dripomizer 2.0ohm Steel & Black 3.69 $2.99!

ENJOY and HAPPY HOLIDAY WEEKEND TO ALL!

fireworks2.jpg

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Happy 4th!!!!
I'm not working this weekend, so I don't get to see anyone blow their face/fingers off. :)
We are gonna head down to Galveston & watch as they shoot the fireworks off over the Gulf of Mexico!
Thanks for the awesome sales!!
Hope to see you at the Vape Meet next weekend at Dave & Busters in Katy :)

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
From what I understand Galveston is the only area around here allowing fireworks (cus of the drought)...

Have a great weekend!

Happy 4th!!!!
I'm not working this weekend, so I don't get to see anyone blow their face/fingers off. :)
We are gonna head down to Galveston & watch as they shoot the fireworks off over the Gulf of Mexico!
Thanks for the awesome sales!!
Hope to see you at the Vape Meet next weekend at Dave & Busters in Katy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread