gourmet vapor flavorings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaperpro

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2018
dallas, tx
I have vaped pineapple e-liquid from gourmet vapor for 6 years now. Does anyone know where they get their flavoring from? I've tried capella and flavors apprentice, but still find the gourmet vapor to have a better flavor. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It can be pretty hard to clone a great flavor. And yes, eliquid companies aren't going to provide "how to" guides to make it for cheaper....

If it were me, I'd probably try some juice tasting at a vape store near you (if there is one) to start identifying juice profiles that you like, (maybe try some sample packs from different vendors as well).

But, if wanting to "make your own' you will likely have more success if you can develop a "set" of flavorings that you know are "okay" for your palate, and then start experimenting. I would be surprised if you were able to get to a 1:1 clone, but you may find many other flavor blends you like along the way and etc.

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
thanks for your reply. I guess i'll have to try different flavorings from different sources to find one that I like.
When you use the term "flavorings" our brain registers diy. I love pineapple juices, i you decide to diy PM me. I am not familiar with the commercial juice you are talking about. It probably has a combination of pineapples plus a booster or two.

vaperpro

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2018
dallas, tx
When you use the term "flavorings" our brain registers diy. I love pineapple juices, i you decide to diy PM me. I am not familiar with the commercial juice you are talking about. It probably has a combination of pineapples plus a booster or two.
Yes that is what I'm talking about diy flavorings. thanks for the info, it probably is a couple different flavors. What do you mean a booster? Like a different flavor boost, or a little extra boost of the same flavor?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yes that is what I'm talking about diy flavorings. thanks for the info, it probably is a couple different flavors. What do you mean a booster? Like a different flavor boost, or a little extra boost of the same flavor?
Boosters could be another fruit flavor or what is called enhancers such as sweeteners or sours, etc. Vape your juice and let it linger in your mouth a bit and exhale thru your nose. Make notes of your impressions. Are you picking up a hint of another citrus or maybe a sweeter flavor, a touch of strawberry perhaps. Is there a sweetness that lingers on the tongue and lips, or is there a tanginess or maybe a slight bite/tingle to the tongue. You get the idea.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hey @smacuser . LOL, @Letitia seems to be chasing you around with the greetings, just figured a small group of "followers" would be even better. :lol:

Is pineapple any good? That's one of those fruits that I only like fresh.... Any thoughts on if there is one that is "decent" or at least more like "fresh pineapple?"

It may be an exercise in futility for me, I've been afraid to try anything, rather like cherry. LOL.

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hey there Letitia. I need to load my dropper with some CAP Golden Pineapple. I bought some to add to my Scottish Shortbread. :thumbs:
That sounds yummy. Let me know how it works out. If you haven't tried them yet WF pineapple is great; also enjoy HS and Purlium.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
What is a booster? You've piqued my interest. :D

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
What is a booster? You've piqued my interest. :D
They are what you add to enhance your flavors. Sweeteners or sour notes, etc. You can also use small percentages of certain flavors as a booster. For example 1% of pear can enhance/sweeten a mix.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Hey @smacuser . LOL, @Letitia seems to be chasing you around with the greetings, just figured a small group of "followers" would be even better. :lol: Is pineapple any good? That's one of those fruits that I only like fresh.... Any thoughts on if there is one that is "decent" or at least more like "fresh pineapple?" It may be an exercise in futility for me, I've been afraid to try anything, rather like cherry. LOL.

@Letitia and I are into trolling lite. I always try to stay on topic when running into her. Most of the time, except here, it rarely happens. CAP Golden Pineapple is not super sweet, but more juicy.

What Cherry do you like most? I always hear about that medicine taste if too much is used. I'm actually looking to get some Maraschino Cherry to make my Pineapple Upside Down Cake complete.

That sounds yummy. Let me know how it works out. If you haven't tried them yet WF pineapple is great; also enjoy HS and Purlium.
    I will look out for those. CGP is not overpowering or candy like.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    @Letitia and I are into trolling lite. I always try to stay on topic when running into her. Most of the time, except here, it rarely happens. CAP Golden Pineapple is not super sweet, but more juicy.

What Cherry do you like most? I always hear about that medicine taste if too much is used. I'm actually looking to get some Maraschino Cherry to make my Pineapple Upside Down Cake complete.

I will look out for those. CGP is not overpowering or candy like.
    CGP is a great mixer for snv. You might try marzipan for a light maraschino cherry note. ELR flavor list has one or two, can't remember what brands for the maraschinos.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't like marzipan, maraschino cherry, or anything but the real fruit, usually, so I never bought a cherry to "like" as I kind of assumed I wouldn't. Pineapple may be doable though, if more as an accent, hence the inquiry.

Don't even bother with the cherry, I've tasted enough artificial cherry that I've hated, to really not want to go down that trail. I'm supremely doubtful I would like any of them...

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread