Gourmet Vapor Three Flavor Review!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Hello all, just got a shipment from Gourmet Vapor and wanted to share my feelings about them. I would like to preface this by reminding everyone taste is subjective. If any of you saw my ELP Specialty Sampler Pack A Review, I mentioned while I tend to prefer fruit flavors I also love coffee and tobacco flavors and pretty much anything I generally find tasty. I also don't like too much throat hit. On a scale of 10, 6 is about right for me. (Subjective!) Well, I found Gourmet Vapor to have an interesting set up for me, personally. As many of you know, they allow you to mix your own blends as well as check out other guests' and GV's own. I made a blend- it was kind of fun just to fool around with all the different flavor combinations- but didn't order it, for now. What I really liked most however, from a taster's perspective, is the fact that GV lists what flavors are in a blend and sometimes in what percentage. Because of that, in this review I will include the flavors GV lists as being part of the blend and my reaction to the overall flavor as well as whether or not I think they hit the mark on everything they say it will taste like. The only downside to this system is that sometimes the flavor is just an image and no name is given. Usually it's obvious, but all tobacco flavors are the same image (no way to know if it's "flue-cured" taste or "Tennessee" or etc.) and one or two other images might be misleading or difficult to make out (such as coffee v. "keoke coffee"). The other downside is you can't always know what percentage of each flavor is in the mix- just because there are three flavors listed doesn't mean they're of equal strength to each other in the mix. Trivial, but worth noting. All of my flavors are 20%/80% PG/VG- nice to be able to choose any % amount for each- but they recommend 20/80 as best for max flavor/vapor complement so I thought I should take them at their word. One other note. This has nothing to do with flavors, but these bottles are not so good, IMO. They are childproof caps and the bottles are VERY soft, so when you push down to open the cap the entire bottle compresses and bends under the force. It took me FOREVER to open one bottle the first time and I immediately put it into a better one. I'm vaping on a debridged 510 so you know. Okay, okay. Enough. On the the review!

Mimosa
GV division of flavors: Orange, Champagne (no % given)
Flavor: 8/10
Vapor: 8/10
TH: 6/10

This is a really lovely blend. It is overwhelmingly orange flavored (like a mimosa should be), and the orangeness was spot on... like taking a good juicy bite out of fresh fruit. It's at the same time crisp, clear but tangy. The other facet of this flavor, the champagne, gives the orange flavor a certain dryness. I did not, however, to find this dryness to be quite as comparable to champagne, which is the only reason this did not receive a 10/10 for flavor. Vapor production was also excellent. See note above about TH.

Key Lime Pie
GV division of flavors: Key Lime (50%), Cheesecake (30%), Lime (10%), Lemon (10%)
Flavor: 6/10
TH: 4/10

Overall not as good as the mimosa. Generally pleasant to vape, but I wasn't a big fan of or think division of flavors is accurate. In my personal opinion, it should have been 20% lime and and 0% lemon. The lemon flavor was not really perceptive and the key lime/lime was not enough. I'm also not 100% sure what the cheesecake flavor added to this, but I would go out on a limb to say if the lime flavors were more pronounced the cheesecake probably adds a certain creaminess to the overall taste. TH was actually lacking on this one, but vapor was great.

Maui
GV division of flavors: Mango (50%), Guava (20%), Pineapple (20%), Coconut (10%)
Flavor: 8/10
TH: 4/10

Once again, I don't think the percentages of flavors listed is as accurate. For me the most pronounced flavors were the mango, guava and coconut. Not too much pineapple detected by me. That said, it was DELICIOUS so I don't really mind as much as the key lime pie. Overall just wonderful and tropical and nice. I wish I could be more specific, but tropical is the best adjective. Vapor production was great but again, TH not as good as mimosa.

This being my first experience with GV, I found the company overall to be wonderful. Shipping was cheap and fast, and all the flavors were generally pretty great. Once again, taste is subjective, but I hope you all found this helpful for better or worse and that I can either save you money or direct you to a good purchase.

EDIT: Post script. I am now unsure if the key lime pie I had was a customer creation or GVs own. There is another called "Gourmet key lime pie" that is 70% Key lime and 10% each of cheesecake, lime, and Irish cream. That, to me, sounds like a better balance. I'm a big fan of key lime so I'll probably give it a go some time in the near future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread