• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Gov. Mary Fallin signed executive order banning vaping on state property!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jova3

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
El Paso currently
http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=24292917&catId=112032

How am I just finding out about this?!?

Bronchos,

In order to maintain a healthier campus environment, encourage healthier lifestyle choices and protect visitors to state property, Gov. Mary Fallin signed Executive Order No. 2013-43 prohibiting the use of e-cigarettes and other vapor products on all state property.

To be consistent with this executive order, Central’s Administrative Services has revised Central’s tobacco-Free Policy to include e-cigarettes and vapor products. This policy took effect Jan. 1.

The full text of UCO’s tobacco-Free Policy can be found on the UCO tobacco Free website.

Free quit coaching and other resources are available through the Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline by calling 1-800-QUIT-NOW (784-7669) or visiting www.okhelpline.com.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
And no one is replying to this. What a surprise. Same thing happened to a state I was trying to defend by posting here. They ended up banning vaping on all state property AND in all shops that sell vapor products. So they cannot legally vape in the vape shops, which significantly reduces the amount of people that will be willing to switch to vaping if they do not get to try it first. We need to fight these things before they happen, because they will wind up setting precedent for new federal laws. Slippery Slope. & no one cares.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Lots of people care, just not as many as the groups lined up against us. We're fighting large multi-national pharma companies, large multi-national tobacco companies, "save my tax revenue" groups, "save the children" groups, and the ever present ANTZ. Smokers are a small percentage of the public, and vapers an even smaller percentage of ex-smokers, just small enough that they don't fear us swinging an election. If the pols feared our voting block, they would listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread