Government supports rich tobacco companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

casuald00d

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2018
the states of unitedness
i think what i found most surprising reading about vaping regulations around the world was australia's stance. i just don't understand how they can be so full of cow doo-doo. you need a doctor's prescription to get liquid nicotine but you can buy cigarettes, which are clearly more harmful, without any such prescription. that is BANANAS to me.

but as far as the government and tobacco versus vaping is concerned, i think the only real light is going to come from sound science. so long as governments are willing to base their policies on evidence, the future for vaping seems bright. at worst, i figure we'll just have to wait for more scientific evidence to be produced to reinforce the already-obvious-to-all-of-us notion that vaping is a less harmful alternative to smoking that can and probably is already saving lives.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    but as far as the government and tobacco versus vaping is concerned, i think the only real light is going to come from sound science. so long as governments are willing to base their policies on evidence, the future for vaping seems bright. at worst, i figure we'll just have to wait for more scientific evidence to be produced to reinforce the already-obvious-to-all-of-us notion that vaping is a less harmful alternative to smoking that can and probably is already saving lives.
    All they have to do is look across the pond at the studies The Royal College of Physicians has done.
    Heck it was the RCP that convinced the world in the 60's, that smoking was bad for you.

SmokeFree

Nov 4, 2015
    DE, USA
    Here is an example, from a local TV news station in Philadelphia PA USA, about how "the system" (which, again, I suspect is controlled by big tobacco), attacks Vaping:

Seems like what I see is mostly "the system" attacking Vaping. I rarely see them attacking all the many tobacco products, which are in plain view, in lots of stores we see. Plus I see cig butts all over the place as I visit these same stores. Sorry if I am re-stating the already know obvious, but big tobacco made lots of money killing people, and they want to keep the cash rolling in with cig sales, which Vaping threatens.

Hopefully the YT link works, had trouble with it. Sorry for the poor video quality.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Actually I don't think Trump supports either. Thanks to his dead addict brother, I think he hates most addictive things while maintaining his own super active sex addiction and pretending he just really likes pageants.

Okay I am mostly tongue in cheek with this but the gentleman refuses to drink, I don't think he's all oh rah into either one. Ideally, from watching Gottleib in action if he is indeed carrying out the wishes of the President, he is attempting (vaping goes first of course) to make BOTH as unpleasant and aversive as possible.

If he supported "big business" only well the Juul would be touted as a HUGE win and I honestly don't know if it's USA manufactured or owned, but if it is, he should be praising it even FURTHER.

Anna

CarolT

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2011
    Madison WI
    Seems like what I see is mostly "the system" attacking Vaping. I rarely see them attacking all the many tobacco products, which are in plain view, in lots of stores we see. Plus I see cig butts all over the place as I visit these same stores. Sorry if I am re-stating the already know obvious, but big tobacco made lots of money killing people, and they want to keep the cash rolling in with cig sales, which Vaping threatens.

It's because cigarette smokers are the largest proportion of tobacco users, not chewers or cigar smokers, etc.

puff the drag

Sep 24, 2009
    As still a huge number of people still have very little to no idea of what vaping is, society has a hard time changing gears. What is obvious to smokers who changed over to vaping is the immediate health benefit. However the long term effects are not yet fully understood. Breathing plain clean air is safe. Being addicted to anything is never a good thing. It took years to make kids afraid of smoking.

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    As still a huge number of people still have very little to no idea of what vaping is, society has a hard time changing gears. What is obvious to smokers who changed over to vaping is the immediate health benefit. However the long term effects are not yet fully understood. Breathing plain clean air is safe. Being addicted to anything is never a good thing. It took years to make kids afraid of smoking.
    Define addiction.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread