GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Well, I decided to get the Paps X. This getting back into vaping venture has become extremely expensive.
Congratulations is in order! As it may be expensive, your health and family are priceless.
Dividing the dollar amount of a pack of smokes into the cost of the X, you will quickly see that it was well worth it.
Good luck and feel free to hang out here, it is a great place.

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Woods! I'm trying to wrap my brain around your post. It's how I think. Does history end for it to begin again? Does the future begin? Suppose it could if we enter space as I remember, you are traveling in space, factoring speed, you are ahead of time on earth. Not even considering black holes and the above mentioned wormholes.

With every choice that is made, a new history begins...

wildvet

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
San Diego
I need someone to help me with my Piccolo please... I def have the v3.1, purchased from the outlet store in November.

I took it apart and cleaned it yesterday. Trying to put it back together today and can't seem to get the switch put together right. It's not like I haven't done it before, although it's been several weeks since I last took it apart. It's pretty much just like my X as far as putting it back together, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I've got it in 4 pieces: the bottom switch piece, the spring, the piece that has the insulator on it, and the screw that holds it all together.

When I put it together, there's no "play" in the switch, meaning irrespective of whether it's locked or unlocked, the switch doesn't move, kinda like it's just locked. WTH am I doing wrong???

I am placing the spring on the post that sticks out of the switch base, then placing the piece that has the insulator over it and screwing it down (I've tried screwing it tight, loose & in between) then screwing in the screw. Maybe I need a new spring? I dunno I'm at a loss!

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
I need someone to help me with my Piccolo please... I def have the v3.1, purchased from the outlet store in November.

I took it apart and cleaned it yesterday. Trying to put it back together today and can't seem to get the switch put together right. It's not like I haven't done it before, although it's been several weeks since I last took it apart. It's pretty much just like my X as far as putting it back together, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I've got it in 4 pieces: the bottom switch piece, the spring, the piece that has the insulator on it, and the screw that holds it all together.

When I put it together, there's no "play" in the switch, meaning irrespective of whether it's locked or unlocked, the switch doesn't move, kinda like it's just locked. WTH am I doing wrong???

I am placing the spring on the post that sticks out of the switch base, then placing the piece that has the insulator over it and screwing it down (I've tried screwing it tight, loose & in between) then screwing in the screw. Maybe I need a new spring? I dunno I'm at a loss!

No worries, happens to many. Make sure the nut with the square female end is screwed in about 1/2 way or a bit more( it needs to move back and forth) into the top assembly of the switch - not tightly as it will play havoc on the locking mechanism. Place your inner spring on button post and reassemble. The square female inner nut that screws into portion that the insulator is in is responsible for the locking and unlocking action so screw it in so that the button can be turned to lock and unlocked. :)

Last edited:

wildvet

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
San Diego
No worries, happens to many. Make sure the nut with the square female end is screwed in about 1/2 way or a bit more( it needs to move back and forth) into the top assembly of the switch - not tightly as it will play havoc on the locking mechanism. Place your inner spring on button post and reassemble. The square female inner nut that screws into portion that the insulator is in is responsible for the locking and unlocking action so screw it in so that the button can be turned to lock and unlocked. :)

Thanks for your help Idaho!

Are you saying the square inner nut thingy, that surrounds the post which sticks out of the bottom of the switch, should move back & forth?

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Thanks for your help Idaho!

Are you saying the square inner nut thingy, that surrounds the post which sticks out of the bottom of the switch, should move back & forth?
Yes sir! It is a round, threaded and has a square cut in it. Make sure it has back and forth play to lock and unlock. Visualize the mechanism as you put it together as the male end goes in and allows the button to turn back and forth for lock/unlock.
Always happy to help. Keep me posted my friend.

Last edited:

wildvet

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
San Diego
Yes sir! It is a round, threaded and has a square cut in it. Make sure it has back and forth play to lock and unlock. Visualize the mechanism as you put it together as the male end goes in and allows the button to turn back and forth for lock/unlock.
Always happy to help. Keep me posted my friend.

Well that's my problem then. It doesn't move, must be stuck. I'm not one to pay much attention to detail (one of many faults) so I don't recall if that piece was loose before, but it sure as hell won't budge now. Any thoughts on how to loosen it? Not wild about putting metal pliers on there and quite frankly I'm not sure I have anything small enough to fit in the tiny space to try and loosen it up.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread