GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
@cliffy15 thanks for the explanation. Having never built with fluff one main question I have is exactly where in shooting to get the wick. Is it meant to go between the bell and fluff ? M
And I'm trying to picture everything that you're saying but right now in just not seeing it could be the medication!)

I think there are a few spheroid fluff tutorials around if not heron. I guess they'll get me close

Or
Maybe ....

@qorax do you have a filler build video for the older version or is there any chance you'd mind doing a video on a fluff build? If I can get the general idea and someone can tell me where the wick should be "aimed" I can orbs my get it sorted out n

I know You're off filler but honestly I've had some Communications that indicate a fair few people feel the flavor is better and so far I'm not having much luck getting a good flavorful build going in here -

That's probably down to me. But I'm getting a little frustrated now given I can't spend much time doing builds this whole thing honestly should probably be waiting s week or two more as my incision tore (under the skin in the muscle - nothing can be don't now but waiting) But seriously who among us would wait with s brand new HnP?

Ok but seriously if my girlfriend gets after me I'm blaming you lot.

Reactions: Cucco

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Alright. Let me know hats wrong if anything.m
3e1f279fe76743687f804e01913dc79b.jpg

9213497272ad88e36c388925085d7379.jpg

I'm guessing I need to gap the fluff better.

Edit
----

I leveled it out and it's not flooding or leaking. But it also to me with the juice in using is a
Frustrating build to get exactly the same end result but a cooler led voluminous vape.

I'm probably doing something wrong.

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Happy Tuesday GP family.

I received my sunshine cloths today and sampled one on another quite meh neglected stainless atomizer and mod. I'm amazed how well it works! There was no sting finish or anything special about this mod it was just relatively run of the mill and appear polished but not that sort of polished tons high sheen. I'm kit sure what you call s polished stainless whe it looks like a stainless kitchen utensil. Not brushed but not super shined?

I also gave it a be he quick pass on the brass button if the piccoloid and it backslash just wiped the Patina off.

Very impressive. Takes virtually no elbow grease.

I ordered this from Amazon as there were some debates about how "real" other cloths were in the reviews and this was a good price including prime shipping.

$13 iirc for 5 , 7.25x5 towels. I certainly will be keeping these around and thank you for the help. Never heard of them before here.

5 Sunshine Polishing Cloths for Sterling Silver, Gold, Brass and Copper Jewelry Polishing Cloth Amazon.com: 5 Sunshine Polishing Cloths for Sterling Silver, Gold, Brass and Copper Jewelry Polishing Cloth

Very quick pass without removing. Maybe five seconds on the button. For
My needs after the weekly or so sonic cleaning (depends on the juice I use and such) I'll just wipe the relevant parts over quickly and that satisfied all I wanted to Do.

Once again thank you to this very helpful thread and the wonderful members!

de18444176f14f75ae83a18e5f6d7822.jpg

While its not a gp mod for the sake of the cleaning discussion - I received this as sort of an add in on a trade to just try out.

THIS IS NOT A GO MOD IM DEMONSTRATING RESULTS FRKM THE SUNSHINE CLOTH

(Just to avoid any confusion - I'll remove the images of its inappropriate to have them here) I don't consider this mod to be a particular looker but even in a bad case having never been polished and well used it helps the appearance a lot.

Before
7c79600980a7ae7e588801454b1a218c.jpg

After
3c124dfae6cf0e46c31f5ab3c284a2bb.jpg

This could probably benefit from more aggressive cape cod pads - which are coming. But it's pretty night and day for $2.50 and ten minutes followed with a microfiber.

I assume the sunshine cloth safe for the polished gp bits.

Last edited:

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
@h00ligan: this is what my setup currently looks like. The wicks should be in contact with the fluff:

wicks (cut to deck ring length and raised a little):
7cfe8178bb434e5bab4914f5e73557e9.jpg

fluff (12mm x 130mm for my 50/50 liquid) vaped almost to empty:
e50fd887564dc103e1533501d59254a2.jpg

The only thing I can see that might need to be changed in your setup is that it looks like there are gaps between your fluff and your tank walls. This shouldn't be the case.

I also vape with my coil side down... that way all liquid is channeled to the wicks and can be vaped down to empty.

If your fluffless build is better, why not stay with that? I do this because it seems to use liquid better (not over-saturating my wick) and I don't have to worry about pressure changes in the tank (as in air travel or other altitude swings) I took my older Heron on a mt fuji hike - ~12,000 ft - last September and it performed flawlessly at the peak as well as at sea level.

edit: my build is really bad looking. I blame it on not having my reading glasses around when I took it apart. I was starting to get liquid seeping from my gpin (first gpin removal since my very first build)so I disassembled to give everything a good cleaning.

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
@cliffy15 thanks for the details. I don't catch your meaning with you vape Coil side down?

Only problem ForMe with fluff is I change flavors a fair but. However I may just dedicate certain devices to certain flavors. Certainly some are better than other at fruits or desserts etc

Also my Fuji hike! Well done! Today I managed to hike to the shower. Unfortunately I was unable to get in and complete my journey. ;) I can't wait to be able to get back to photography. Two years off my second job and greatest hobby - and the outdoors!

Upside I have great people helping me out online like you!

My adjusted fluff is not leaking at all. I just used two micro screwdrivers to gently separate it a bit. I don't know if that was the right way to do it but it worked

Last edited:

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
@cliffy15 thanks for the details. I don't catch your meaning with you vape Coil side down?

sorry for the confusion. basically, I line up the logo on the Heron tube to sit right in between my wicks (directly in front of the coil).

When I take a vape, I align my thumb to be right over the logo (facing down) ... that way, the natural tilt of the mod also is conducive to the best possible position for liquid to be wicked from the fluff.

In this way, I rarely get dry hits until the fluff is empty and you can just about vape it dry.

edit: I hope the healing process goes quickly for you! the mt fuji hike was a challenge after several months of inactivity due to a back injury. I hate being laid up!

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
My adjusted fluff is not leaking at all. I just used two micro screwdrivers to gently separate it a bit. I don't know if that was the right way to do it but it worked
Whatever works is good. I found that using a pin [the kind tailors use, with a small round ball on the end, to pin fabric before sewing it] works great for me to even out the fluff smoothly, since it penetrates the fluff without tearing it.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I've never owned a Heron. How is the vape (flavor mostly) compared to a Spheroid v2/v3? Airflow about the same? More? I love the vape of the Spheroids - I have v2/3 - but I find myself wanting a 22/23 Spheroid to be flush with my ProVaris.
So I can only compare to spheroid 4 but I don't feel the vape is as good from the heron v2 as the spheroid v4 for the types of juice and the builds I do for my tastes. I'm sure others disagree. I vape mouth to lung. Sweet dessert juices. And i tend to build around 1 ohm for a mech or .8-1.2 in a regulated setup At 14-20 watts. On the spheroid v4 I use the afc just over half open.

I think think the size of the spheroid collection chamber just makes a better flavor. I also much prefer the tank / chimney setup
On the spheroid.

By no means am
I saying the heron v2 is bad. But he spheroid to
Me is in the top two tanks and is really something special. I just don't think the heron lives up to that.

sorry for the confusion. basically, I line up the logo on the Heron tube to sit right in between my wicks (directly in front of the coil).

When I take a vape, I align my thumb to be right over the logo (facing down) ... that way, the natural tilt of the mod also is conducive to the best possible position for liquid to be wicked from the fluff.

In this way, I rarely get dry hits until the fluff is empty and you can just about vape it dry.

edit: I hope the healing process goes quickly for you! the mt fuji hike was a challenge after several months of inactivity due to a back injury. I hate being laid up!

Thanks for the detail that makes sense. I feel the fluff makes a better vape. I removed it today and without doesn't taste as good to Me - which surprises me also I can't stop the heron leaking out the afc when there's no fluff. Either it's dry hits or leaking from the afc. I can't win.

The healing process is slow. After the first surgery I was bouncing around happy thinking oh man this is great. I overdid it which really became clear on week four and then four days after that I had to go back in for a second surgery the site of which was one and a half inches from the first in my neck. So two surgeries on opposing sides of my neck within an inch and a half within five weeks has just made the second recovery very difficult. Probably the hardest part is the healing from them cutting through the muscles in the back of the neck. That's what makes his tougher than something like a fusion. I had the option to get s four level fusion in my neck but went for two other surgeries instead.

Now I have to wait check the recovery and then it'll be determined if I have to go in for brain surgery. As well as surgery on my lower back which doesn't seem to want to heal. I have four tears and three ruptures and my lower back with the 10 mm protrusion into my spinal cord, and that's the lesser serious of all of them. So when it rains it pours but I'm optimistic in the next six months things will improve drastically.

One of the hardest things for me is weight gain. I was always thin and tall. I've gained 50 lbs due to inactivity and the steroid packs. It's tough. In not supposed to even sit up For more than fifteen minutes for another three weeks.

I keep telling people. Here's a huge difference between "I'm taking the day off and doing nothing!" And. "My doctor told me I could Literally do nothing"

Also in a photographer and it's going on two years since I've done anything substantial. Good thing I like the hobby if vaping too.

Thanks for the well wishes! GP was so great about everything. They didn't even know the extent or whatever. They just knew I was laid up and really went to all efforts to help me out. That's not something I'll Forget. Wonderful people there / here.

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Thank you! I much prefer my Spheroids to the Prometey v3 - which is why the Heron has always given me pause. I may pick one up to try...as the saying goes, you never know till you try it. Thanks again!

Honestly I'll probably be selling my HnP and buying another Piccoloid. Or at least another spheroid. The heron is a beautiful piece of kit as is all the GP stuff. Just for my flavors of Juice and the way I vape I prefer the spheroid pretty substantially.

I wouldn't be surprised if other types of juice and builds from others worked better in the heron v2 for a lot of people. It's all such a personal preference. I'm glad I tried the HnP. If only because it reiterated for my tastes how good the spheroid is

I'm not quite ready to give up yet. I want to try a few more juices and adjust my builds a little.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Hey fam stupid question maybe but does the 510 for heron v2 fit spheroid v4? I feel like I read it was a design that was changed to make them swappable - presumably the different part would be the black disk. If I swap that can I use it on either ? I wish I could hybrid the spheroid and paps :) I'm guessing that won't work.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hey fam stupid question maybe but does the 510 for heron v2 fit spheroid v4? I feel like I read it was a design that was changed to make them swappable - presumably the different part would be the black disk. If I swap that can I use it on either ? I wish I could hybrid the spheroid and paps :) I'm guessing that won't work.
How? One is 16mm and the other 22.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
How? One is 16mm and the other 22.
Center pin the same wih the black disc different. Obviously not the threaded steel
Part but the actual pins are the same size? So if that's not right what's the talk about compatible with spheroid.

Sorry I should
Have been more clear. The way I phrased it makes me sound like an absolute idiot

Aw dear. Time to get some sleep! I was more curious about the compatability statement duh me

To go with the stupid question I'll fess up about what else happened. I rebuilt. Filled. Spun the logo to match. Tried to change drip tips and it wouldn't come out. I decided to try and grip with my teeth gently.

Pull

Pull.........

Pu----

Entire tank came apart dumping five ml of juice in my lap.

Man oh man it's been a rough sleepless night!

:)

Man that's two epic fails tonight here.

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Hahaha! You're right, the positive post is the same for Spheroid 4 and Heron 2, only the base cap and the insulator changes.
Ok thank goodness here's some redemption

Hey you receive my return ? DHL seemed to be extremely confused about the whole thing. I ended up using the shipping invoice you sent me to send it back. I think they had me filing out paperwork you were going to give them some just used that. I hope et least you know it's en route!!

Also. I'm craving a cigarette so badly. I need to get some tobacco flavored eliquid I'm about to do a small order from yaeliq. I smoked Marlboro - can anyone recommend which tobacco eliquid a to try from there. Or anything local to the USA and widely available? It's a bit off topic I guess but I out it in my GP stuff

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Ok thank goodness here's some redemption

Hey you receive my return ? DHL seemed to be extremely confused about the whole thing. I ended up using the shipping invoice you sent me to send it back. I think they had me filing out paperwork you were going to give them some just used that. I hope et least you know it's en route!!

Also. I'm craving a cigarette so badly. I need to get some tobacco flavored eliquid I'm about to do a small order from yaeliq. I smoked Marlboro - can anyone recommend which tobacco eliquid a to try from there. Or anything local to the USA and widely available? It's a bit off topic I guess but I out it in my GP stuff

The only thing they should ask was what time they could come to pick up the parcel, and you had to print the form we sent you, nothing more. We have received many remote pickups worldwide. I hope you didn't consent with any additional requests, it seems to me that some DHL employee was too lazy to do his job, or read the docs regarding the remote pickup. You had only to print the form and fill in your address details. Everything else, custom declarations, etc, was pre-filled by us.
We received it on Friday, once we have a free time to test it, I'll update you, no worries :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread