Not open for further replies.

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
hi guys!
so thanks to you, i finally bit the bullet and ordered a starter kit. the general consensus was to go with the smokeless image volt, because i was looking for something with good throat hit, not too complicated, and sized like a cigarette. it's been a few weeks and here's my issue: i'm basically getting no throat hit and i'm reaching more and more for analogs. first i thought maybe the cartos were dirty because it got to a point that it was hard to even draw on, even after just a couple of uses on each one, so i did the boiling method but that didn't help much. i tried using a couple of new cartos - but again, not much success. the first couple of draws on a new carto are great and all, but then it slowly dwindles. don't get me wrong - i think it's a good starter and their customer service is unbelievable. which makes me want to stay loyal to them..and possibly upgrade.
so folks, i need your help. i need that hit guys! and all this jargon you use on this site has me scratching my head!
should i go with that bigger battery from smokeless image and try the clearomizer? will that help me? should i go with an ego? heck, i don't know. please help! oh, and one other thing. people look at me as it is like a freak in the street with this ecig - i work and live in manhattan - who would expect that in the melting pot of melting pots! some people actually cover their mouths and act like they're gagging. i mean come on! you don't even smell anything - you just think you do!
so what i'm prepared to do is fix this problem i have with something that's not too "out there" when i'm strollin through the streets of nyc, and perhaps something else that i can modify it with when i'm in the comfort of my home - with noone judging me but the walls.
looking forward to your expert opinions...

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
As long as it has a light at the end, fools will continue to believe you're smoking..... I'd suggest getting something else such as a Kgo or Ego. Or, if you think you might be ready for something even bigger, go get a Lavatube (Apollo, volcano,....) or even the much used P-word..... A Provari? I'm still shying away from that one due to the price but I do have 2 Lavatubes and I'm loving them. As for the stares - IGNORE THEM!!!! I get them now because of the size of the LT but I've learned to ignore the heck outta them. LOL!

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
hi, as I know others can explain better th is more than just the battery, however if you are willing to go a bit bigger you might want to look into the ego twist, as the way I understand the whole vv thing different juices do better for people at different volts, and that would be a simple inexpensive way for you to find what will work best for you.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
The Kgo and Ego models are about the same diameter as a sharpie. If you stick with the 650 mah size, it will still be relatively small in your hand. That will get you about 6.5 hours of battery life and you won't experience the drop off you are experiencing with these volt batteries.

If you are willing to get the 1000 mah, you'll get about 10 hours of vaping but its about 3/4th of an inch longer but same diameter. you will also want to look into getting some low resistence cartomizers. Try the Boge 2.0 ohm or the 1.7 ohm. This will make the cartomizer run a bit hotter and produce more vape but you'll also have to top off more often and will be going through a bit more juice.

Both Kgo and Ego kits can be had for about 40-50$. Sweet vapes has one right now in that range and you get two of the new vision v2 clearos with it.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
As long as you're happy with batt life of the Volt I believe it has to do with your juice as the Volt is a good solid e-mini:
Juice Components
Flavoring- usually 10%
PG enhances throat hit/ TH, lung hit and flavor- water like
VG= vapor and can mute flavor- very thick
Nicotine= TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. This is the main driver for TH and lung hit.
Are you drinking lottsa water? Vaping dehydrates and can have a very negative on the experience- add to that more than 4 cups of java and more dehydration- caffeinated soft drinks also. I drink 1 1/2 liters water per day. What nic level are you vaping?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
What I've found with the Volt sealed auto batteries is that the connection needs to be cleaned more thoroughly and more often to keep full power. I think SteelJan has a video somewhere about just how detailed the cleaning needs to be.

It needs much more tiny detailed cleaning than can be provided by a q-tip. You need to twist a very tiny little piece of tissue and get down in around the center post connection. But, that solved the problem for me.

So far as the way it looks in public, one thing that helps is to have pretty colors (NOT a white battery). Otherwise, a short fat-batt seems to do the trick. Still small and not too strange looking, but not cigarette looking.

panhandleguy

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2012
fl panhandle
I "graduated" to the V2 battery with a clearomizer from SI and don't regret the purchase. I have a 1300 mA manual battery and with the filled clearo it lasts all day. It may be a little big given your concerns, but it should provide the results you are looking for. X2 on the higher nic strength or maybe you need a little higher pg ratio.

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
i tried 6mg, 18mg and 24mg of ejuice. have not seen a major difference. i tried 100% pg as well as a combo and i have to say, i think it's either my cartos or my ecigs. what about getting an x2 battery and clearomizer from smokeless image? do you think that would make a significant difference - otherwise, not worth the money.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I know someone that was vaping pre filled 24 mg cartos from SI and when they purchased 24 mg juice from another vendor and filled their own cartos it nearly knocked their sox off. According to them the SI pre filled 24 mg were far weaker than the 24 mg juice they bought. NOT a criticism of SI but just a Vollt owner's perspective. I recently bought a convert an eGo C starter kit WITHOUT the tank. Instead it came with 4 clearomizers. They LOVED it and were up vapingh in minutes without the hassle of filling, etc. Not saying to buy it but here's the kit I bought him/ 1100 mah, 100 mah= 1 hr normal vaping:
eGo Vision Stardust & Extreme Vision Custom Kit 1100mAh
But if you want an even better PV the Kgo is true 3.7 volts or the E-Power which is cheaper to maintain- either kit costs $40.00

i tried 6mg, 18mg and 24mg of ejuice. have not seen a major difference. i tried 100% pg as well as a combo and i have to say, i think it's either my cartos or my ecigs. what about getting an x2 battery and clearomizer from smokeless image? do you think that would make a significant difference - otherwise, not worth the money.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I tend to agree with the people reccommending a Twist. With that you should be able to dial it in for a stronger vape.
You say you still want to be a bit discrete, so Lava Tube and some other stuff may be too "out there" for you but they may be worth a look too. I have a Twist and love it, Sailorman can give you all the details on the lava tube.

Another option, if you get your Volt working better by cleaning or using different juice, is to buy one of their end cap covers so that those rediculous people pretending to gag won't mistake you for smoking.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I'd try SI's X2 650mah sized battery with the lowest resistance clearomizer they have. It's got a pssthrough, which is something the kGo doesn't have. It's pretty cheap and not very big or "out there". It should be fine as low as 2.0ohms, or even with a 1.7ohm carto. You can get an 808/510 adapter and pick up a 1.8ohm clearomizer.

If the X2 doesn't do it for you, you will have a good backup and passthrough unit so it might make sense to get a Twist.
A Twist is no good unless you either have two of them or a backup you can live with while it's charging.
Twists are VERY large for their capacity. A 650mah Twist is as big as an 1100mah kGo.
If looking "out there" is an issue, you'd be better off with a Vtube than two 1000 Twists and it would cost less.

I'd recommend the 650 or 900mah X2 first. Then try some of those lower resistances that you can't use with the small mini batteries. The battery is only as good as what you stick on the end of it, and you can stick a whole lot more on a 650mah battery than you can on a 380mah battery.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Yes but I believe they are Stradust V! with the short wick. New version V2 has a longer wick. The only difference with V! is every so often you have to tilt the tank to keep the wick wet. Pretty sure it's V1 but let another Volt user chime in. I use the V2 and can say I'm very pleased with it. Be careful with certain juices (cinnamon) as they will crack the plastic.

Edit: V2

thanks! would a stardust by the same as the clearomizer from smokeless image for the x2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread