Not open for further replies.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Graduated mixing/drip-tip bottle:

4591150298_186f997f62_o.jpg

This is a 30 mL bottle from Tasty Vapor, with a strip of label-maker tape attached to it. I got this one wrong, but you get the idea.

It doesn't seem like much, but with the tick-marks spaced properly you can quickly mix a bottle of juice, have zero clean-up, and be vaping in just a couple of minutes. Just remove the cap and drip tip, and pour ingredients directly into the bottle up to the pre-marked lines. Replace the cap and tip, shake a few time, and you're done. Replace the caps on your ingredients, and put them away. The only clean-up is the funnel, if you need to use one (I don't).

This was done with a DYMO label-maker from Walmart. Just type a bunch of lower-case "L's" and print them out. It may take a tweak or two to get it right (number of characters, size/style, etc.). I'm thinking if you have a good vector graphics program, you could just use scotch tape to mount a dozen or so strips of the label-making tape to a piece of paper and get the dimensions correct for just about any sized bottle. This stuff sticks to bottles and atomizers very well. It might be worth it to cover the tape with a piece of scotch-tape (that's cello-tape for you Brits) to protect the ink, but I don't know it that's even necessary. They also make "plasticized" tape for the label-maker(but I don't know how the plastic tape sticks). I think they might also have "metallic" tape, whatever that means.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Tasteles said:
/.../ this should also work for those syringes where the markings wear off. I have clear label tape for mine. Great tip!

Thanks, Tasteless. After I posted that, I kept playing around with it. What I came up with is probably more accurate, but it doesn't look as good. I cut a piece of label tape the exact hight of the bottle (I consider "the bottom" of the bottle to be half-way from the table to the crown of the little indentation in the bottom of the bottle, as if you were using an upside down graduate cylinder). Then I just fold it in half, draw a line on the crease, and write "50%/15mL" on it. Repeat the process for 25% and 75% by folding the ends to the middle, etc., until you have small enough increments to suit you. I vape 36 mg, and half-way between 25 and 50% is 37.5%. it looks to me like the thickness of a line from my pen is pretty close to 1 mg, so I just pour in some 100 mg until it just touches the bottom of that line. Top it off with some TV Butter Rum no-nic "Doubler", shake it up and vape some "close-enough" juice!

Of course, this kind of thing probably isn't accurate enough for smaller bottles like 3 mL, but I don't think ANYONE could tell the difference between, let's say 23.5 mg juice and 24.75 mg! (I think my margin of error is probably no more than a mg or two a 1 oz bottle).

Can you believe that I'm actually so bored I typed that entire novel out on my iPhone? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread