Grand Terrace Giveaway! Happy Mothers Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

readmylips

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
good luck to all who enter but i myself wont play in a popularity of likes contest.
never goes well in my opinion but good luck everyone!!:toast:

I try to run an array of contest to give everyone a chance to win something instead of the same lame contest over and over that clearly one person could dominate if it is based on a smart contest.. so, we try to do the popularity contest, the smart contest, the total random contest and other styles as to give different personalities a chance. Hopefully we run one soon that you would like to participate in.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this style of contest.

Readmylips.

readmylips

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Alright guys and gals. Clearly GPC has taken top slot. We are having a hard time picking second and third. I will notify all winners and any tie breaking winners via pm a little later tonight. I also need to make sure the winners have an account with us and have not opted out of marketing from us.

Yes we did run a popularity contest as I felt no one would vote for other peoples post that are participating, so, yes all votes count from actual forum members of ECF whether they participated or not. on a side note that is what we wanted as well, people coming to check us out as a vendor and someone asking a friend to come vote did in fact bring more eyeballs to our brand and they also had the chance to post a submission and win something as well. More people checking us out and more sales equals more items we can afford to give away.

The next contest will be soon. Thread will be closed in a little while so A new contest can begin.

Thank you to all who participated and congratulations on the win.

Readmylips.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I have no issue with the way the contest was run, but keep in mind that in general posts at the beginning of a thread will get more votes/likes than posts near the end of a thread, simply due to the number of people that see it (i.e. the first post in a thread is seen by everyone that enters the thread and the last post would only be seen by a few). In other words, a post in the beginning might have been liked by 5 of the 200 people that read it, while a post near the end might have been liked by 3 of the 10 people that read it. Based on that, initial entries had a much greater likelihood of winning (mathematically speaking), but as you said, each contest is different.

CurlyxCracker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Williamsport, PA
I have no issue with the way the contest was run, but keep in mind that in general posts at the beginning of a thread will get more votes/likes than posts near the end of a thread, simply due to the number of people that see it (i.e. the first post in a thread is seen by everyone that enters the thread and the last post would only be seen by a few). In other words, a post in the beginning might have been liked by 5 of the 200 people that read it, while a post near the end might have been liked by 3 of the 10 people that read it. Based on that, initial entries had a much greater likelihood of winning (mathematically speaking), but as you said, each contest is different.

So maybe stop the entries and for x amount of time allow people to like the entries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread