Granny needs 601 pipe info and advice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuffinStuff

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
Washington State
I have been contemplating the 601 pipe since I began vaping. It dont plan on it being my "main vape". I love the feel of a nice pipe in my hand and would like to try one.

I am interested in hearing feedback as to the pros and cons, others experience with the pipe, etc. Thought I would ask for advice before spending the money for it.

I have always said when I retire I would sit on my porch in my rocker and puff my pipe!! Well. now I have the porch, the rocker and need a pipe!

I have searched a bit on the forum but with dial-up internet it is a pain!! Any advice apprecited. :)

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
The DSE601 is a great device except for the fact that it does NOT have a removeable atomizer. The upside is that Shawn at LiteCigUSA goes out of his way to make sure you get a good working pipe. It beats the Mini Pipe for sure and given Shawn's great ways of taking care of his clientele......I would definitely get one. I have 3 of them and they will go on the road with me when I soon leave for the C. R. England CDL training school in Dallas, TX (hopefully never to return to my resident state of CT). This is not a PV I walk around with, but it is definitely a BILLOWING PLEASURE when lounging around in the evening.

Be sure to always store it in a small jar, in the draining position when not in use.....otherwise it will clog behind the atomizer. I ALWAYS remove the mouthpiece & cart when not in use and place it in a small jar. I use the small jars from iced coffee and raspberry preserves. The large bowl/battery compartment rests upon the upper lip of the jar and the pipe to the mouthpiece hangs down to drain. Fail to do this and you'll end up with a clogged DSE601....with super hard draw/drag. I rarely ever use any carts with my DSE601's anymore. 5 or 6 drops on the atty and it's good to go for awhile. I set up all 3 of them in this way, then set them in jars, then alternately vape on all 3 until they go dry....which takes awhile. These are very formidable PV's and they do a great job of keeping me away from analogs. I do hope they redesign them with a removeable atty.

PuffinStuff

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
Washington State
Doc, wow, thanks for the comprehensive advice! I want it for evenings with my feet up and relaxing. So it sounds perfect.

When you say in a jar, you mean the pipe bowl over the jar and the stem hanging down inside? I drain my 801 attys in a shot glass and they last longer so it makes sense to me.

My grandkids tease me about pipe smoking but when I was a young single mom I couldnt afford to smoke. I have a really cool pipe that belonged to my grandma's uncle. A friend who was merchant marine would give me tobacco from all over the world! I so enjoyed that pipe!

There is just something about the feel of the pipe that is relaxing to me.

Good luck with your training, you sure are brave, I wouldnt want to be on the road, too many idots driving around! (and old ladies, like me) LOL. Thanks again:)

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
DSE601 is my second favorite device. I use it everyday for a few hours, particularly in the evening. I purchased all my e-pipes and accessories from Heaven Gifts (oh, and one atomizer from Shawn at LiteCigUSA). I have five atomizers at this time. This is a super device good for 20,000-30,000 puffs.

Kool to hear from folks like you who use "homebrewed" PV devices. I have several homebrew PV's also; and they are far superior to any ecigs I could ever buy. The DSE601's are the only devices I own that can compare to my homebrews in terms of vapor production and battery run time. Nothing else I have can beat my homebrews in terms of throat hit. My latest is the "Silver bullet shorty", which uses the VX2 atomizers. I can run carts with it, but I much prefer dripping with it.

Last edited:

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
Doc, wow, thanks for the comprehensive advice! I want it for evenings with my feet up and relaxing. So it sounds perfect.

When you say in a jar, you mean the pipe bowl over the jar and the stem hanging down inside? I drain my 801 attys in a shot glass and they last longer so it makes sense to me.

My grandkids tease me about pipe smoking but when I was a young single mom I couldnt afford to smoke. I have a really cool pipe that belonged to my grandma's uncle. A friend who was merchant marine would give me tobacco from all over the world! I so enjoyed that pipe!

There is just something about the feel of the pipe that is relaxing to me.

Good luck with your training, you sure are brave, I wouldnt want to be on the road, too many idots driving around! (and old ladies, like me) LOL. Thanks again:)

Yes, place it in a jar exactly as you stated within your question

Not brave, just confident that I can excercise the patience required to get the job done safely. I used to earn my living in engineering labs & offices, but there is minimal work for me here in CT now. Since I'm now divorced I finally have the freedom to get outta here and get paid for doing what I've always wanted to do.....touring the nation. Best part is I can choose to live pretty much anywhere and still have a steady job. I'm direly overdue for a nice change of pace and I love the idea of NOT walking into the same building every weekday...I need to see new faces & new places

Last edited:

PuffinStuff

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
Washington State
Yes, place it in a jar exactly as you stated within your question

Not brave, just confident that I can excercise the patience required to get the job done safely. I used to earn my living in engineering labs & offices, but there is minimal work for me here in CT now. Since I'm now divorced I finally have the freedom to get outta here and get paid for doing what I've always wanted to do.....touring the nation. Best part is I can choose to live pretty much anywhere and still have a steady job. I'm direly overdue for a nice change of pace and I love the idea of NOT walking into the same building every weekday...I need to see new faces & new places

Doc, that sounds so exciting for you. So many beautiful places to see and glad that you can recgonize that you need a change of scenery! Life sometimes delivers things we didnt want but can open our eyes to many new things. Keep on learning and keep your mind young! Safe travels. And again, thanks for the help. I am definately getting a pipe from Shawn in the near future.

PuffinStuff

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
Washington State
DSE601 is my second favorite device. I use it everyday for a few hours, particularly in the evening. I purchased all my e-pipes and accessories from Heaven Gifts (oh, and one atomizer from Shawn at LiteCigUSA). I have five atomizers at this time. This is a super device good for 20,000-30,000 puffs.

Hi Breakfast, Thanks for the imput. 30,000 puffs, how many days/hours is that? He He :D

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Hi Breakfast, Thanks for the imput. 30,000 puffs, how many days/hours is that? He He :D

For me, I ran two atomizers to the ground in three months. Even though I use the device for a few hours each day, I puff on it constantly. Someone with better self control cold probably have an atomizer last 6 months or more.

As an example, if you took 150 puffs each day, over the course of a year you would have accumulated 54,750 puffs. Far above the average life expectancy of the atomizer.

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
I have/had 2 601 pipes and although I love/loved them, I have a hard time recomending them. One I got from another supplier no only works when I use the "clean function" and the one I got from litecigusa works great, but because it's wood it has a great big ugly crack running down the front of the pipe bowl and 2 more cracks that are now holes under the bowl. I don't know if it's a common fault in these, but both got into the condition they are in now before I could even do a review of them. I'd LOVE to order another from Shawn, but at over $30 for an atomizer, I could get 2 m201 atomizers and some juice. It just seems like a better deal to me. I do love the pipe tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread