The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Grant's Vanilla Custard, a review

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Reviews' started by pesky_human, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pesky_human

pesky_human Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    Greeley, CO
    I happened to check Grant's site last week and was able to score a 30ML / 12 Mg. bottle of the often elusive Grant's Vanilla Custard.

Per the sheet that comes with the juice, it is pre-steeped for 21 days and took about a week to get here via post, so it has had around a month of steep time prior to my initial use. Out of the bottle, GVC is a light amber color and in the standard mix ordered has the medium viscosity that you would expect.

My set-up is a 2.0 ohm Smok 2 hole carto in a 22mm OCD tank on a Provari. I have played with the voltages, but have found the best results at 3.7-3.8 volts. GVC wicks perfectly in this setup.

I was surprised a bit initially by the flavor of GVC. I definitely get the vanilla custard component, which is much more rich and natural tasting than any other vanilla flavor I have ever tried. Highbrow has some wonderful vanilla flavors, but the GVC surpasses them, IMO. What I was not expecting was the brûlée / caramel flavor that makes up the rest of this juice. There is a slightly bitter burnt sugar note at the front of the GVC that really takes this juice into the all-day-vape realm for me. There is a bit of sweetness on the back end that has a faint cherry-like quality to it. Totally delightful.

I will say again just how "natural" this juice tastes. A lot of juices come across like they are meant to taste like something or another, but they end up tasting like candy flavorings as opposed to an actual food/dessert etc. For instance, I love watermelon, but cannot stand things that have fake watermelon flavoring. As far as authenticity to flavor goes, GVC is top notch, and about as good as I could imagine in this regard.

For a 12 mg juice at relatively low voltage, the throat hit is pretty remarkable. I recently have been reducing my nic content and, needless to say, TH drops off pretty steeply as you get below 18/20 mg and into the 10/12 mg range. I am not getting that drop with GVC, yet another pleasant surprise, particularly from a creamy flavor like this one.

GVC produces a solid amount of vapor that is rich and creamy and has a wonderful, mild scent. I would imagine that the all VG mix in an RBA would still produce great flavor and would produce clouds that could change the local forecast.

I have read enough about GVC to know that a lot of people want to steep this stuff for months before use, and like anything else, that might very well bring out additional flavor components. I am really enjoying this fresh out of the bottle, however. Depending on whether or not I can get some more GVC on deck, I may save some of this, just to see if it improves over time. That being said, I really enjoy this fresh with he stock steep time from Grant.

Right now, I am a carto tank guy and am getting huge flavor and great vapor with the aforementioned set-up. I can imagine that a well-built RBA or DA would punch the flavor up another level. It's juices that are this good that inspire me to get back into RBA when I get the time.

Obviously, this is a juice that comes with a metric ton of hype and is difficult to secure from the supplier. If the latter were not the case, I would be stocking up right now, because Grant's Vanilla Custard is a phenomenal product. I'm not the biggest vanilla enthusiast in the world, but GVC is off the charts. It actually does live up to the hype, for me, and I hope to score some more in the future. If you dig vanilla flavors, this is the pinnacle.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. VapHer

VapHer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I have heard a lot about this juice here on ECF. I am dying to try it! I love custard, vanilla, etc. C'mon pay day ~ LoL ;)

3. Newportlocal

Newportlocal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2013
    Orange County,Calif.
    Lives up to the hype for me too. Nice review.

4. SoonerChris

SoonerChris Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    Oklahoma
    When I read this I thought I had written the review. These are my thoughts E X A C T L Y. Even down to the 22mm OCD tank.

I will be buying 50ml, if not 100ml in Grant's next run. I have emailed him to see when that might be.

5. J*Bishop

J*Bishop Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nice review. My bottle should be arriving today or tomorrow.

6. mooshi

mooshi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2013
    SoCal
    :) Sweet review. Picked it up from a local shop the other day and I have to say, I'm blown away. I'm not a huge vanilla/custard fan, but this reminded me of a nice creme brulee or something - I can't quite place my finger on it.

7. bbwbfan

bbwbfan Full Member Verified Member

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    I tried Big Willie's custard from FB and I loved it.

8. piper1

piper1 Full Member Verified Member

Sep 28, 2012
    leigh, lancashire
    GVC is first class

9. unsure

unsure ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Custard's Last Stand (CLS) from Nicoticket is the top of the list imo and I have tried the all.

10. Ratchet

Ratchet Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Love Grants Vanilla Custard. Just about out of the 100 ml bottle I ordered back in December though. Emailed Grant to see when it would be available again. He said no time soon as he's working out of town right now. He did however direct me to the "pink mule" website out of Spain that he sold some of his Custard to. Went online and ordered me another bottle..... Warning - this juice will start off light brown but will change colors. My leftover bottle (maybe 15 ml left in it) is now 8 month old and a really dark brown but it is soooo good.... Daughter already told me she wants more and was highly disappointed when I told her it would be a few weeks since I had to order it from overseas.... LOL! Here's the link to the site that sells this juice: RYGEVÆSKER KLAR TIL AT DAMPE You will have to change language at the top, the site is apparently in Dutch, Paypal payment is possible....

11. SoonerChris

Sep 2, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Let me know how the ordering goes. I got some CLS but it's not GVC, to me. I NEED my GVC. Will be ordering 100ml if it doesn't take forever to get it.

12. Ratchet

Ratchet Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So far, so good. Ordered yesterday and it shipped today. It is shipping from Spain, so I'm assuming 1-2 weeks transit time.

13. xtreme101

xtreme101 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 9, 2013
    New York
    I ordered from them Tuesday night and Thursday it was already in U.S customs. It's so close now I can taste it ;)

14. jjkanto

jjkanto Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2013
    Patterson, CA
    I don't even remember the last time that I had custard, but this review made me want some! I must admit that I pretty inexperienced with e-liquid that doesn't come from my local shop. I had never been on this forum, and had no idea that reviews would be wine competition detailed! Awesome! I will be reading these threads on a regular basis now.

15. SoonerChris

Sep 2, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Bit the bullet and ordered 100ml or GVC. Just for good measure, I added an Atmistique Diver. Whoops!

16. Kataphraktos

Kataphraktos Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2013
    New York, NY
    This morning EST they only had 12mg left at Pink Mule.

17. SoonerChris

Sep 2, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Perfect, that's exactly what I ordered. 100ml of 12mg.

18. pesky_human

pesky_human Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    Greeley, CO
    Nice workaround! Kind of overextended myself on juice last month or I would be all over this. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

19. SoonerChris

Sep 2, 2010
    Oklahoma
    What shipping does Pink Mule for delivery to US? I've got the tracking number but I can't figure out which company they used.

20. SGTgilbuena

SGTgilbuena Full Member Verified Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Afghanistan
    Just enter the tracking number in USPS website. It'll show the status.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.