Grants Vanilla Custard, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
So I have finally been blessed with the chance to get my hands on some Grants. I have 50ml at 12mg nic, high VG being delivered Saturday!! I happened upon a trade here in the classifieds.

Now my question... I have gotten hooked on using ONLY RDAs for quite a while now. No tank does it for me anymore. I am mostly using a Hana DNA30 clone. Everyone says that Grants is best in a tank, and doesn't taste very good on drippers. Can anyone dispute this, or maybe suggest a tank that I will be happy with using Grants. I would probably only use the tank for Grants if I go that route. And please... no KayFun suggestions. It didn't compare to my RDAs either... :(

Last edited:

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
Rose V2 or Erlkönigin.

RTA's (Rebuildable Tank Atomizer) ;-)

I have heard good things about the Erlkönigin! My first (and only) RTA was the KayFun 3.1. I had only built coils on RDAs and got hooked, wanted to try RTAs and see if I could attempt to like tanks again, and the KF didn't do it for me, so I stuck with RDAs only. I pushed off building coils for a while, and I wish I had done them from day 1!! :D

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
No, it is being delivered Saturday

I tried it both ways using a couple of tanks and a rda and the tank was better. It doesnt do well at high wattage at all. I just didnt care for the juice in either device.. YMMV. Taste is so subjective.. Others rave about it.. Hope you like it..!

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
I found that the high VG could be an issue in tanks due to its viscosity and that it's best in a RDA around about 1.4 not a tank. It's not great on a sub ohm dripper granted :)

I don't get into subbing at all. My current build is .9Ω single coil in a Stillare, but usually I stay around 1.3-1.6Ω. Nice, slightly warm vape, and still blows clouds enough for my liking. I prefer intense flavors over huge, room-filling clouds! haha

Sarin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
I tried it both ways using a couple of tanks and a rda and the tank was better. It doesnt do well at high wattage at all. I just didnt care for the juice in either device.. YMMV. Taste is so subjective.. Others rave about it.. Hope you like it..!

Agree with the high wattage point and i didn't find it anything to rave about either.

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia

I am a huge custard fan, and I have heard great things about it myself. I just don't see the point in waking up at 5am to TRY to get a bottle ordered during the immediate rush before it sells out. If this trade hadn't happened, I probably never would have tried it. If I love it, great! If I hate it, oh well.... I tried it! :D

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
Agree with the high wattage point and i didn't find it anything to rave about either.

To be perfectly honest, I don't care how good it tastes, he has created a HUGE demand for it, simply by only offering one flavors, and very limited release. It is all marketing, regardless of quality, and he will continue to sell out for this exact reason. He has created a "marketing unicorn" that everyone is on the hunt for! Genius...

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
I find this really weird, why restrict the volume? It's not like it's super expensive, surely the correct business model would be to supply the demand? It's a PITA but at least i only have to get up at 9am :)

I agree with you, but it creates a "marketing buzz" and the mentality of "I must get!!" for alot of people. I highly doubt he makes a living on juice, and it is fun for him, not to mention extra money on the side.

Barbchris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Harrisburg, PA
I have dripped it at .9 @ it's good. It's just not the best custard I have ever tried. I actually like MANY others better, most notably Revenge by Cape Fear. Grants gets a little bitter as it sits in the tank, so I like it dripped better than a clearo. Just my opinion tho. Had to see what the fuss is about & IMHO it is just that -- fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread