Great article in the Baltimore City Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravensfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Baltimore, MD
A couple of the stats surprised me. Like the one that said that 60% of vapers use products found in vape shops as opposed to the BT cigalikes. I really would have thought it would be 80/20 the other way around. I think that's good news, as it means the genie is basically out of the bottle. It also sounds like the FDA has a long way to go before they do anything (they are in step 4 of 9). It gets harder everyday to put the genie back in the bottle. I'm also amazed that 23 vape shops have opened in Maryland since January 1. When I started this in March of 2013 there were 3 shops, and one charged 3X what internet prices were. Now every time I go somewhere it seems I see a new vape shop.

Ravensfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Baltimore, MD
It is a great article! My only concern is the comment that 1mL of e-liquid = 1 pack of cigarettes. (I think it's more like 5mL of high-octane juice). If this number keeps getting repeated, we're likely to start seeing a $60 tax on each 10-ml bottle!!!

As far as I know, fat boy Christie in Jersey is the only one proposing a tax based on cigarette equivalency. I think it would be hard for anyone to vote for a tax that is 1200% the cost of the product, especially after all of the BS spin that cig taxes were to subsidize the cost of care for smokers. A tax is coming, that's for sure. I'm thinking something along the lines of $1.00/10ml. Cigars aren't taxed nearly as high as cigarettes. I think nic juice will follow the same sort of guidelines as cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread