Great articles on FDA corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Sadly.... too many people will sell their souls for Money .....that's why we try to vote for leaders who have morals that are above financial corruption and who will protect us from it all. Unfortunately it's so hard to find those kind of good people to be our leaders any more. .....most of the politicians over here in the UK are committing benefit fraud with their expense accounts and think they are doing absolutely nothing wrong.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Vicks - It is from 2009... but this all came out in I think Nov of last year... Then in early 2009, Obama put a task force together to determine WTF was going on with the FDA and Peanut Butter.

This article is just a little late... but hey... it is a serious issue when the scientists of the FDA cry foul. It's a crying shame that the media doesn't pick up on this stuff until it is too late.

Original NYT article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/18/health/policy/18fda.html

busted7

May 11, 2009
It's probably been said many times on this forum in other threads, but the ecig market isn't only battling the FDA, it's a battle against the all powerful tobacco industry. I'd imagine they see this alternative that very successfully gets people to quit smoking their analog products as a major threat. Although the congress and judicial branch have made very pricey rulings against the tobacco companies, we all know their lobbyists have many senators and reps in their pockets. Politics is very dirty, and you always have to simply follow the money.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
This article is just a little late... but hey... it is a serious issue when the scientists of the FDA cry foul. It's a crying shame that the media doesn't pick up on this stuff until it is too late.

Original NYT article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/18/health/policy/18fda.html
Would it be an idea to contact this John D. Dingell (see link) to tell him the FDA is about to again harm the health of many US-citizens, this time by denying them a much safer choice then analogs? Perhaps something for ECA?

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Would it be an idea to contact this John D. Dingell (see link) to tell him the FDA is about to again harm the health of many US-citizens, this time by denying them a much safer choice then analogs? Perhaps something for ECA?

That's a good idea. Considering if/when the Kennedy bill passes it is my understanding it goes back through the House. Seeing as John Dingell is a Rep, he will get to vote, and being a Dem that could be a hard task but could result in him changing a few of his buddies votes. I will pass it on. Thanks for the heads up! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread