• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Great deal, in case you don't check supplier forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonCleaner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2010
Calgary, Alberta. Canada

KillFace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, On.
Not bad, I haven't used one, but it just seems like a Provari knockoff for not really that much less....It doesn't seem to really give it's max current with only the 1 18650 in use... if you're spending $150+ on a premium mod, you may as well spend a bit more for the real thing.

/Not hating, just don't see why anyone should choose this over a Provari.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Not bad, I haven't used one, but it just seems like a Provari knockoff for not really that much less....It doesn't seem to really give it's max current with only the 1 18650 in use... if you're spending $150+ on a premium mod, you may as well spend a bit more for the real thing.

I'm not getting either, but I would choose the ZMax for the adjustable watt function rather than the ProVari.

The price seems to be stuck across the board, every vendor. Is this another Smok minimum price debut?

Jables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Alberta, Canada

The almost $100 difference is huge to some people.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada

The price isn't the reason I'm not getting a ProVari. The price doesn't matter if it doesn't have the features I want. I agree there are people who cannot afford it, but it really is less than a months smoking budget so if someone wants one they should be able to save for one in short order.

But the performance is second to none. I've been checking out the zmax and there's still lots of bugs with the Pulse Width Modulation. that's one reason I love the provari NO BUGS. You get what you pay for.

I didn't mean to imply that you weren't allowed to love it! Lol

We should all "love the one your with", as long as it keeps us off smokes.

I agree we have to pay for quality, but a high price does not assure quality in all cases.

No comparison between VV and VW imo - go for the VW :)

VW will soon be in eGo format. I can wait until it is and until the bugs are worked out. My "Old Reliables" will last me until then. (Fingers Crossed, just in case) Lol

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada

KillFace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, On.

Perhaps, but this is a sale as well.

I think my point is that if your investing $200 in a premium e cig, you may as well wait till you save up another $100 to be sure you're getting your money's worth and not bugs and quality issues.

Good on manufacturers for aiming for different price points, but it isn't there yet.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
VW makes a lot of sense to me, aside from switching devices resistance also changes with heat and over time. It's personal preference in the end.

I like the idea of the Zmax and if I had money to blow I'd buy one, but personally I think it just a step in the right direction and I'll wait for a bit for a big mod purchase.

Sort of random, but i think the one button menu on the provari and zmax would drive me nuts - come on add a wheel or a + and - button. :p

KillFace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, On.
VW makes a lot of sense to me, aside from switching devices resistance also changes with heat and over time. It's personal preference in the end.

I like the idea of the Zmax and if I had money to blow I'd buy one, but personally I think it just a step in the right direction and I'll wait for a bit for a big mod purchase.

Sort of random, but i think the one button menu on the provari and zmax would drive me nuts - come on add a wheel or a + and - button. :p

The one button menu is actually quite intuitive in the Provari. I barely even think about it when I scroll through anymore. Plus, with the simpler design, there's less to go wrong.

bk78

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
The one button menu is actually quite intuitive in the Provari. I barely even think about it when I scroll through anymore. Plus, with the simpler design, there's less to go wrong.

Agreed. I don't even think about it anymore. But I do hate when I miss the Pu. Then it's just 12 more clicks away. :vapor:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
remember when then lava tube (version one) came out?? Everyone then said :ohmy: it is the knock off of the provari :ohmy:

then the lava tube version two came out and everyone then said Everyone then said :ohmy: it is the knock off of the provari :ohmy:

hen the vmax came out and everyone then said Everyone then said :ohmy: it is the knock off of the provari :ohmy:

Now the zmax is out and every one is saying :ohmy: it is the knock off of the provari :ohmy:

If i am not mistaken i heard in passing there is going to be a ymax and everyone will then say :ohmy: it is the knock off of the provari :ohmy:

people love the vari watt: like the kick, darwin, v/z (l m n o p) max, the kick 2 etc
people love the vari volt: like lavatube, evo, the kick, the kick 2, ego pass through etc
people love 3.7V: like the ego, kgo, gripper, bolt, etc
people love the 808's: like bloog, redds, etc

I understand there is hard core fans of all different types of mod's/non mods.What works for one person may not work for another (be it due to subjective taste, medical sinus issues what have you), what it comes down to is no one is wrong, no one is right. What does matter is whatever you are using and you enjoy using that keeps you off cigarette's.

On that note and if i could draw, i swear i would show you some comics of how this all gets to be a beauty contest....

~edit~ on the other hand, i do not think i want to see a bolt in a two piece bikini or a evo in speedo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread