Great opportunity for new USA, DIY flavors source for us!!! Please RSVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Lehigh Acres, FL
Hi everyone, A while back I came upon a website that had a bazillion flavors in all kinds of forms, but none specifically for vaping, so I dropped them a line and asked about it. (No affiliation) I recently got a reply from one of the flavor chemists who seemed really interested in developing a line of products for vaping IF there was enough interest in it. I guess I kind of stuck my neck out and said "oh heck yeah!" based on my own thoughts and the feedback I got from ECF in the past, but of course he wanted to hear it from more than just me! I promised him that if I got a decent response to this posting I would send him the link so he could see for himself. They actually develop the flavors in house, (Orange, CA) SO please use this opportunity to let him know your feelings, likes, (dislikes?) what you would like to see, as in flavors, sizes, price ranges, etc., by posting here. Also, is there anywhere else in ECF I should post this? Or make it a sticky for a while? This seems like a very responsive and considerate company with almost unlimited flavors, the ability to create new ones and for those of you who want to keep it natural, they are, and even have tons of organic items. In fact, their name is:
Nature's Flavors <<<click here :)

They seem to strongly favor VG over PG because PG is a petro-chemical. (but seem to have both available?) The gentleman I talked to was wonderful, he had heard some vapers were trying some products, so he knew about us, but he seemed concerned about the legal aspects of creating a product specifically for vaping with the litigation happy legal force always searching for "opportunities". I really couldn't comment on that, but if someone can, PLEASE do, I would so love to have another source of flavors, and I'm sure you all would to! Just one more thing, copied from their "about us" page that I really liked:

We recognize that our customers deserve nothing less than the ultimate amount of respect, honesty, and service, and we continually make improvements to our customer service to make our customers happier. If we make a mistake, if you think we could use some improvement in an area, or if you just want to pass on a compliment or a comment, don't hesitate to let us know! The Contact Us link in the bottom-right box will give you the ability to tell us your thoughts in a matter of seconds.
Happy vaping and Happy Holidays!!!

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I emailed this company the other day, and asked about their products, so clearly more than one person has contacted them, and if hey are willing to try to design something that is safe for me to vape, I am def interested. U can never have too many flavor options. Plus they have all kinds of other interesting flavoring for things other than vaping on their site. Seems like a win win to me!!

CharlieGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Lehigh Acres, FL
The bordeaux cherry has these ingredients. Until the vendor changes their make up of the flavor, I'll wait..
Water, Gum Arabic, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid

No, no, that is what my post is supposed to be about...creating a NEW line for us vapers, NOT the existing products on the website, but a new line specifically for vaping!

Last edited:

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
Cokeybill, did you read the OP through? This company doesn't produce products that can be used in vaping. They are looking for feedback, to be sure it's feasible to create a new line. I don't think "I'll wait" is very useful.

As for me, I think we have enough vendors that already sell the flavors with the right ingredients for us to go through. These companies are already producing flavors for other uses, that we just happen to make use of. For them, I don't think it would be profitable to create a whole line just for us. It would just be another split where some people might buy some flavors from them. One thing that might be of interest, is that they favor VG. There are people who have problems with PG, and it would be useful to be able to get all kinds of flavors in VG. However, I don't think that market is large enough. Also, if something were to go terribly wrong here, and people stopped making their own juice, the R&D money would be flushed down the toilet.

That said, I like my flavors to be in PG, but that may be a non issue as I can just alter my recipes, and have the same results. As far as pricing goes, 30 cents a ml or under would be best, as that seems to be the industry's going rate. I have a source that I like to buy from, and I can get my hardware from them too. It's really going to be tough for them to compete with that.

Versione

Nov 15, 2011
USA
I haven't placed an order with Nature's Flavors yet -- but the fact they have VG-based natural and/or organic flavorings is a huge draw for me. They also seem to have some unique and nicely complex flavors in their lineup that I'd love to try (sassafras? gooseberry? grenadine? I would like these and many others!). I am aware from reading on ECF that the coffee flavorings can be used for DIY, but it would be a great help if NF indicated which flavors were (relatively) okay to use for vaping.

I have a good feeling about this company, and could easily become a fan.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I think there is a big market besides us DIYers its called the USA juice makers. Where do you suppose the people who make the organic juices get their flavorings? They aren't telling I bet. I would be interested in a PG or a VG base. My problem with these are the fact that they are pricey and don't offer smaller samples.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Since lots of us already use some of their flavorings i think it would be a great idea to expand for vapers . Im sure they would get enough business from the juice vendors alone . Some of these vendors are doing 30+ orders a day and always looking to add flavors .30+ orders a day x 25+ ejuice vendors could be great business expecially if a couple of those vendors make a amzing juice with their flavorings and it becomes legendary like bounty hunter

Last edited:

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
This market is huge and growing by something like 20,000 new vapers a week so that's a lot of flavorings! To say there isn't room for more competition is just wrong in my opinion. They have the ability to make flavorings that we can't get with the existing companies and I've found from the ones I've purchased from them that they have quality products. I think it's a great idea and am sure the effort on their part would profit them. Thanks CharlieGirl!!

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
Actually with this proposed FDA ban soon everyone may be DIYing which will propel the flavoring business ten fold . They could make a killing expecially if they made unique and quality made flavors.

I'm not quite sure that a ban would be that soon, but are they going to regulate nicotine? See, I love vaping. I can do it without the nicotine I think. But, I think without the nic, I may chain vape all day long. With the nic, I know when to stop. I have to stop because I feel it. Just like having a nic fit and satisfying it with a cigarette. But, I think I feel it more with the vaping. What makes me stop smoking, is that I physically hurt from them. I think most everyone can understand having a night out drinking and chain smoking. Well, maybe not the younger crowd because smoking became banned. But the next day after chain smoking I felt it bad. I just couldn't tell the night before because the alcohol suppressed that.

CharlieGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Lehigh Acres, FL
Wow,I didn't even realize anyone here has been using these flavors! I know Bill said he had heard of others, but I missed any reference to it here. So cool, they wouldn't even have to change up a whole bunch besides eliminating the alcohol, making the carrier VG only, offering the flavors in lesser quantities perhaps and maybe adding a new header on their website specifically addressing the vaping friendly aspect? Anything else I'm missing? Not everyone is as adventurous and resourceful as you "guys" apparently! So I have to ask...how do their flavors compare to what else is out there?

sarsi

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
Cincy area, OH
I think it is absolutely ludacris to say that there is already enough venders that offer flavors & that the market is not big enough for another company to bring out a new line for vapors to choose from. Look at the number of members here on ECF & not to hurt anyone’s feelings, (I do love this place) but ECF is not the only forum for members of the vaping community! Plus, there are also those people who do not get into the “forum” type of scene at all, non the less they are vapors & many of them are into DIY. There are also new vapors learning everyday! IMO the market is huge & growing daily & if the ban happens the Diy will grow so much that the current flavor venders may have a hard time keeping flavors in stock. I have never tried anything all VG as of yet but plan too. I am just now learning to DIY…The more options I have, the better. If this company can offer me all natural, high quality, line of flavors and they are reasonably priced for the normal person, then I will buy from them when I need flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread