Great scissors for wicking rba, rta & rda's

Status
Not open for further replies.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Just thought to give members my choice on great scissors for all types of wicking materials and dressing the tails. I have been involved with fly
fishing for awhile and have been using Dr.Slick scissors for all my cutting and trimming of cotton. They are very strong and sharp and last forever (7yrs)now.I have the a long straight pair(4.5inches)for cutting strips of japanese cotton. And a shorter set(3.5inches)for dressing out the tails and trimming of excess where needed. They are not cheap at their site but you can look at amazon or eBay for better prices. I can tell you, you will not be disappointed with the results. It makes good wicking that much easier. After all (in my opion) good wicking is as important as good coil building, if not more so. Course my opinion only. Just be careful with Children! These are not to be used by little ones. Very sharp and dangerous and can snip a finger tip off!!! Or stab with the tip. Please put away if you have kids! Let me know if you do get some and which ones. Always interested in members opinions. Thanks

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA
Just thought to give members my choice on great scissors for all types of wicking materials and dressing the tails. I have been involved with fly
fishing for awhile and have been using Dr.Slick scissors for all my cutting and trimming of cotton. They are very strong and sharp and last forever (7yrs)now.I have the a long straight pair(4.5inches)for cutting strips of japanese cotton. And a shorter set(3.5inches)for dressing out the tails and trimming of excess where needed. They are not cheap at their site but you can look at amazon or eBay for better prices. I can tell you, you will not be disappointed with the results. It makes good wicking that much easier. After all (in my opion) good wicking is as important as good coil building, if not more so. Course my opinion only. Just be careful with Children! These are not to be used by little ones. Very sharp and dangerous and can snip a finger tip off!!! Or stab with the tip. Please put away if you have kids! Let me know if you do get some and which ones. Always interested in members opinions. Thanks
Only 1 pair of 4.5" left at Amazon, lol. Thanks Davevape55! I was hacking away at a wick just the other day, I think I will keep these in the gun cabinet!

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Only 1 pair of 4.5" left at Amazon, lol. Thanks Davevape55! I was hacking away at a wick just the other day, I think I will keep these in the gun cabinet!
You bet. Hopefully you ordered the straight ones. They do have curved.. You should like them. Glad to see someone getting a great product.

RhynoRock

Oct 3, 2015
Wal mart sells small titanium blade scissor in the arts & crafts section for about $7, and they work brilliantly.

Attachments

• scissors.jpg
    scissors.jpg
    755.1 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: davevape55

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Have you recieved your scissors(disallowedword)? I have the older ones(not serrated) which remain sharp as the day I recieved them. Just wondered about the serrated. The smaller pair are excellent for detailing. They also have one claiming to be the sharpest scissors you can get. I may have to look into those, when I slow down on my atty buying splurge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread