Great tank to try my hand at making my own coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
Sorry, I don't know all the terminology. I use a gs-tank with the pre-made coils on an eleaf pico 75 mod $24.45 Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 100-315C'(200-600F') / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping, and it works pretty good, but I think I can save money and have fun if I bought the right rebuildable. I end up using my coils after they are hard to draw on just because I am frugal.

What is a good starter tank for someone who is relatively handy? Looking for a cheapish tank that will not leak and is pretty easy to rebuild, and of course puts out some decent clouds. Max diameter is 22-23mm.

Here is a youtube video that shows some that fit, but it is maybe a bit older, and I don't know the good from the difficult.

Recommendations please?

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
The original Lemo Drop would be good for starting out. It has a nice big deck. Not a lot of them around these days but I think you can get them under $20. They are flexible. You can use them with high air flow and higher power, or higher resistance and tighter air. So it would be good for experimenting and getting familiar with coiling.

Eleaf Lemo *

$19.99 at Viper Vape

And $2 off if you subscribe to their newsletter

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
little disclaimer first : ANY tank will leak if it has bottom airflow specially with rebuildables, everything leak wise depends on how your wick job is.

I personally started with the big baby beast rba base (came in the box so why not ?)
Recently upgraded to the serpent smm (24mm diameter i think ?) it's a single coil rta aimed more towards flavor than clouds but even with a single clapton coil in there it chucks pretty decent clouds and besides me being a noob at wicking it (which = couple leaking issues) it's been a great experience so far imho.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There are non-leaking bottom airflow tanks that don't leak if you wick them correctly. The Siren V2 springs immediately to mind. But, I've learned how to wick, so.... the Berserker is another one. Once you can wick correctly, bottom airflow becomes a breeze, IMO.

With that said, if you are starting out and worried about leakage, I guess a bottom airflow tank may not be the best choice? IDK. I'd select something with a large build deck with a two post (one coil) deck. I got a Hussar clone and it was a great starting tank for me, it's pretty adjustable too. You want to get the coppervape clone I think and depending on your preferences there are various airflows available (the Coppervape is considered better than the original). I got mine from 3F and it was a great first choice.

Keep in mind I'm not that mechanical and I have a fine motor tremor. Coiling and wicking isn't EASY for me, but it is getting easier....

Good luck, with whatever you decide to go with. :)

Anna

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    The original Lemo Drop would be good for starting out. It has a nice big deck. Not a lot of them around these days but I think you can get them under $20. They are flexible. You can use them with high air flow and higher power, or higher resistance and tighter air. So it would be good for experimenting and getting familiar with coiling.

Eleaf Lemo *

$19.99 at Viper Vape

And $2 off if you subscribe to their newsletter
    If you are looking for a good price on the Drop, only $1 here (black only)
    https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Eleaf-Lemo-Drop-Rebuildable-Atomizer-Kit.html

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 8, 2012
    Michigan USA

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    Been using the kanger subtank mini since they first came out couple years ago. I shelved my protanks and kayfuns and use pretty well no other atty. The subtank RBA suits our needs nicely. The top tank mini and the subtank mini both use the same RBA, got a toptank for my wife and its top fill is much better than splitting the atty everytime you refill the subtank.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread