Green Apple Chupa Chup Lollipop clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Przemix

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2021
Quick question for the masters....

Im trying to make Green apple solo juice with taste exactly like Chupa Chup green apple lollipop. Im sure You had one of those and you know how amazing they taste. Sweet, crisp, acidic with green apple flavor in your mouth.

Is super sweet -CAP will be best choice or Flavorah sweetness to make fruit pop out more?
so far I think CAP super sweet will do that after some research.

so far I have FLV green apple and TFA green apple they are both nice.

I cant find anywhere recipe to be as close as possible to Chupa Chup lolipop taste any ideas what should I use to make it happen?

Thank You so much for your time and your undivided attention !

Attachments

• green apple chupa chup pic.jpg
    green apple chupa chup pic.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 16

Przemix

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2021
Might look at using Cotton Candy (Ethyl Maltol).

10% Ethyl Maltol infuses sweetness in fruits and takes out harshness from recipes.
What about Super sweet CAP? I heard its best for fruits because contains some citric acid and gives extra crisp, is that true? have you tried both?

I have tried only FLV Sweetness and its sweet but good for like creamy pies and stuff recipes , with green apple its just nahhhh sweet IMPO

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    What about Super sweet CAP? I heard its best for fruits because contains some citric acid and gives extra crisp, is that true? have you tried both?
    As a master mixer (lol, jk, not), I don't use sweeteners. I dabbled with erythritol once, but didn't get what I thought I needed. I checked a bunch of recipes for Chupa Chups and Green Apple Candy. Only one came up with any type of sweetener, and it was EM (not really a sweetener) and FLV Green Apple. I might have seen one using TFA Green Apple and EM.

That's all I've got. Hopefully someone with more expertise will post soon :|.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Cap SS tastes like sugar to me - ymmv. EM does not taste sweet at all to me, and mutes flavors. I have made green apple candy with Ss, but I think you might want to add a little gummy candy flavor to get it closer to chupa chups - and I’d forgotten all about those, so thanks for reminding me.
    I just bought some Cap candy flavor enhancer which I haven’t tried yet, but might also give you what you’re looking for.

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    As a master mixer (lol, jk, not), I don't use sweeteners. I dabbled with erythritol once, but didn't get what I thought I needed. I checked a bunch of recipes for Chupa Chups and Green Apple Candy. Only one came up with any type of sweetener, and it was EM (not really a sweetener) and FLV Green Apple. I might have seen one using TFA Green Apple and EM.

That's all I've got. Hopefully someone with more expertise will post soon :|.
    oh snap thanks for doing that I appreciate it.

Reactions: smacuser

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    tried green apple TFA I like it very much (but missing a lot of sweetness) now just got green apple candy, its good l, a lot sweeter but not as strong green apple flavor as TFA, hmmm someting for something . So I added Super sweet and its interesting at 0.25 % since i dont like too sweet stuff, much better than FLV sweetness, but not quite there what im looking for. will keep trying again with TFA and increased 0.50% with SS Capella.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    You have Green Apple and Green Apple Candy.

Use both in your mix and skip adding a sweetener altogether.

Green Apple Candy, as you said, is already sweet.

Try the two together at a 2:1 ratio. With the TFA Green Apple % being the higher one.

Many times in DIY we need to combine two, or more, of a similar flavor in order to get the full flavor aspects we are after.

I never use any sweeteners in my mixes.

IMO the vast majority of mixes do not need them, at all. Many flavors already have a certain amount of "sweet" in them. Also IMO, sweeteners are overused by many in DIY.

If one must use a sweetener I would not advise going over 0.5% with any of them.

Good luck

• Informative
    Reactions: Przemix

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    You have Green Apple and Green Apple Candy.

Use both in your mix and skip adding the sweetener altogether.

Green Apple Candy, as you said, is already sweet.

Try the two together at a 2:1 ratio. With the TFA Green Apple % being the higher one.

Many times in DIY we need to combine two, or more, of a similar flavor in order to get the full flavor aspects we are after.

I never use any sweeteners in my mixes.

IMO the vast majority of mixes do not need them, at all. Many flavors already have a certain amount of "sweet" in them. Also IMO, sweeteners are overused by many in DIY.

If one must use a sweetener I would not advise going over 0.5% with any of them.

Good luck
    interesting idea, will try that and yes more than 0.50% Super sweet for me is just garbage sweet and would toss that to trash I agree!!

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    You might consider posting your ideas and requests for help in the Random DIY thread.

Random DIY mixing and More

There are many very experienced DIY'ers over there. You would receive more ideas and help. Folks there are always happy to help and I think you will learn a lot about DIY in the thread. It sees a lot of daily traffic and moves along pretty quickly.

Just a thought.

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    You might consider posting your ideas and requests for help in the Random DIY thread.

Random DIY mixing and More

There are many very experienced DIY'ers over there. You would receive more ideas and help. Folks there are always happy to help and I think you will learn a lot about DIY in the thread. It sees a lot of daily traffic and moves along pretty quickly.

Just a thought.
    thanks , will do it now

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

I cant find anywhere recipe to be as close as possible to Chupa Chup lolipop taste any ideas what should I use to make it happen?

Retail products like Candy are Very Rarely a Single Flavor. So trying to match them using a Single Flavoring can be tough.

If you want to Wakeup a Ho-Hum fruit mix, try adding a drop of Pineapple. Pear is also a good Jack-of-All-Trades when it comes adding Body. A Drop of Strawberry can also add Perk to a recipe.

And if you Want Sweet, Sugar type Sweet, try TFA Sweetener.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread