Green Johnson creek not from the liquid. From the bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProStreet

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
Montgomery county Maryland
My friend put his puresmoker peach in a JC sample bottle because he likes the dropper in the JC sample bottles. He just told me his puresmoker peach has turned green. We know this is NOT an issue with puresmoker liquids. So what does that leave as the culprit? The bottle be it the rubber bulb or something in the glass itself but it is the bottle causing the issue.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
It would have been more interesting had it been stated the bottle had been thoroughly flushed/sanitized (dropper and capbulb as well), with Iso-alc and dried prior to the transfer just to make sure it wasn't residual contamination as opposed to a bottle/dropper/bulb material reaction.

VapeOn,
Greg

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
My friend put his puresmoker peach in a JC sample bottle because he likes the dropper in the JC sample bottles. He just told me his puresmoker peach has turned green. We know this is NOT an issue with puresmoker liquids. So what does that leave as the culprit? The bottle be it the rubber bulb or something in the glass itself but it is the bottle causing the issue.

From exhaustive 'green' threads, the issue seems to be chlorophyll making it's way into the mixes. Won't hurt you, but likes to grow.

I have no idea how to stop it. I had a little bottle of Original Tobacco from some time ago go green. I vaped it anyway :p

Mmmmmm green smoke juice :D

CssReb

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
USA, NYC
I am still waiting to see green JC juice I have a sample form Sept 2008, strawberry and it has not turned green yet. I have mixed Puresmokers and JC and nothing happened, I have mixed TW and JC and nothing has happeened. I have mixed others and nothing happened. No green yet, I will not give up.

Well it is getting closer to saint Paddy's day.

Maybe a leprichuan will stop by for a wee spot of tea
and help ya out.
Then you'll let us know How’s the craic. :D

invidregis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2008
Chicago, USA
It would have been more interesting had it been stated the bottle had been thoroughly flushed/sanitized (dropper and capbulb as well), with Iso-alc and dried prior to the transfer just to make sure it wasn't residual contamination as opposed to a bottle/dropper/bulb material reaction.

VapeOn,
Greg

I did take all my bottles apart, tube and bulb. Put the small pieces in a nylon sock and ran the lot through the dishwasher. 160 degrees for 2 hours should have sanitized everything.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
From exhaustive 'green' threads, the issue seems to be chlorophyll making it's way into the mixes. Won't hurt you, but likes to grow.

I have no idea how to stop it. I had a little bottle of Original Tobacco from some time ago go green. I vaped it anyway :p

Mmmmmm green smoke juice :D

Last week is was oxidation, now it's chlorophyll, next week it'll be little dancing fairies. Fact is, they don't know WHAT is going on.

By the by...Is it safe to vape something with biological material in it?

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I'm still trying to get some of mine to turn green. I have sample packs of both PG and VG and use them for dripping. I intentionally pumped air into them from the droppers although I doubt that is the cause. It's not possible to remove liquid from any suppliers bottle without it being replaced by air.

Just under a month now and no love on the green yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread