Greencig Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSayHuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Houston, Tx
Someone asked in another thread what makes the Greencig batteries so great but I don't think it was ever answered. Can someone give a brief summary as to how or why the Greencig is so awesome?

I understand the carts are better than the kr808 carts so I am very interested in trying this device without investing in the full kit. I ordered a passthrough on Drew's site that says it allows Either Kr808 carts OR greencig carts.. so this sounds like a fairly cheap way to get a feel for the Greencig carts. I would like to be able to refill these and have better success than I've had with refilling the Kr808 carts. I don't even think I will bother ordering carts until the ones with Drew's juice are available but being able to refill those and actually have them work properly would be great.
It sounds like refilling these produces a much better result than the kr808's, is this true?

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
I cannot answer you on the battery yet.. I will get one but I want the xhaler first..lol.. top priority!
I can tell you I have been playing with many ways of filling and stuffing these since early last week.. as some were complete disastrous (those carts are still working after mangled in my hands!).. I have succeeded at taking that plastic cart out of the greencig cart.. stuffed some 510 filling (credit to Demulta!) in there.. put a kr808 rubber ring from that cart (Drew's suggestion). and put the white cap back or 901 whistle tip (youtubes idea) on and I can now easily drip.. no leakage. =) I do have videos to post.. just give me til Monday.. we had lots going on this weekend but they are almost ready.
I love the greencarts.. I am still ok with dripping through the battery end.. but there are other was to refill and thats what I am experimenting with. Demulta and youtube have also played with these.. they still vape awesome! I cannot wiat for the new ones also.. so very excited about this!
I am sure Drew will come in and let you know more about these batteries.. as I am not sure because I dont have one yet...
Lori B

JustSayHuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Houston, Tx
Yes I did read the review and it was quite informative, thank you very much. I ordered a usb passthrough from Drew so I can at least try the greencig carts before spending money on batteries and a PCC. I would like to see what kind of success I have in refilling them, etc. I love the two-piece cartomizer idea I just am not sold on the kr808 cartos at this point. With my 510 I get much more flavor and vapor production without any harshness.

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
Yes Snarky, I did check out your review ( great review by the way)... I tried everything you said.. Scraped off the glue..I was tearing the outer shell up trying to pull it out.. I switched to tapping it on the table ( also was tearing it up but, didn't budge that inner plastic cart lol)

Later I seen you say> "As for refilling them go get needle from the pharmacy and inject in through the bottom or atomizer end. It takes a little patience because the liquid is so thick but it works great."

I'm still not sure where to inject at...Inside, shows only the back of the plastic cart which is just solid plastic...The other end is the battery end ( which from tearing up my first one..I do now know that is the end where the atomizer/wic sits lol)... Yea, I need a video ( lil laugh)

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Thank you Snarky (smile).... I watched the videos and I understand the refill perfectly now... If you ever find out a way to pull the cart out and it still work..Definitely let us know and I'll do the same.. I am having to vape the cart dry before I can add my cinnamon flavor.. And I do love my cinnamon lol

kenb54

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Central IL USA
www.boxmods.net
I cannot answer you on the battery yet.. I will get one but I want the xhaler first..lol.. top priority!
I can tell you I have been playing with many ways of filling and stuffing these since early last week.. as some were complete disastrous (those carts are still working after mangled in my hands!).. I have succeeded at taking that plastic cart out of the greencig cart.. stuffed some 510 filling (credit to Demulta!) in there.. put a kr808 rubber ring from that cart (Drew's suggestion). and put the white cap back or 901 whistle tip (youtubes idea) on and I can now easily drip.. no leakage. =) I do have videos to post.. just give me til Monday.. we had lots going on this weekend but they are almost ready.
I love the greencarts.. I am still ok with dripping through the battery end.. but there are other was to refill and thats what I am experimenting with. Demulta and youtube have also played with these.. they still vape awesome! I cannot wiat for the new ones also.. so very excited about this!
I am sure Drew will come in and let you know more about these batteries.. as I am not sure because I dont have one yet...
Lori B

After reading the other thread about refilling the greencig I removed the cart, cut the solid end off it, placed it back in the cart, used a 901 tip, and drip onto the open end of the cartridge. Works great.

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
After reading the other thread about refilling the greencig I removed the cart, cut the solid end off it, placed it back in the cart, used a 901 tip, and drip onto the open end of the cartridge. Works great.

Wow, and it still works great?..How did you remove the cart without tearing up the outer shell? And what did you use to cut the solid plastic end off?...Thanks

kenb54

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Central IL USA
www.boxmods.net
Wow, and it still works great?..How did you remove the cart without tearing up the outer shell? And what did you use to cut the solid plastic end off?...Thanks

I used the dental pick I got from Drew to remove the cartridge inside the cart. Pry off the plastic end cap, scrape the glue off from inside the cartomizer, take the dental pick and push a hole into the inner cartridge, then pull the inner cartridge out. I used a wire clippers to cut the solid end off the inner cartridge, but a dremel would work better. Take off as little as you can.If any of the glue you scraped off fell into the bottom of the cartomizer, knock it out. You are left with a plastic tube filled with the polyfill. Slide the inner cartridge(tube) back in, drip into it, replace cap or put on a 901 tip.

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
I used the dental pick I got from Drew to remove the cartridge inside the cart. Pry off the plastic end cap, scrape the glue off from inside the cartomizer, take the dental pick and push a hole into the inner cartridge, then pull the inner cartridge out. I used a wire clippers to cut the solid end off the inner cartridge, but a dremel would work better. Take off as little as you can.If any of the glue you scraped off fell into the bottom of the cartomizer, knock it out. You are left with a plastic tube filled with the polyfill. Slide the inner cartridge(tube) back in, drip into it, replace cap or put on a 901 tip.

Thanks so much for this info!! I tried it and it works great!!! :shock:
This is so much easier!! I now have an easy way to refill and a flat tip to boot!! :lol:

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida

After readiing about this last night, I filled 10 G/C carts today using this method.

Before I filled though, I took the filler out, washed it so I could get a fresh juice in, and then filled.....oh my what a difference in ease of filling and fresh taste!!

VapingGeek

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Ohio
So that's what the thing that looks like a dental pic is for!! I thought he sent it to me to fend people off if they try to steal my HV liquid!!!:evil::evil:

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
So that's what the thing that looks like a dental pic is for!! I thought he sent it to me to fend people off if they try to steal my HV liquid!!
LMAO!! Drew has the coolest tools! Love them and all the neat cases!

If you look at my halloween picture (contest thread) you can see where I modded the green cart like this with the whistle tip. I used the manual battery, the adapter, the greencart + the whistle tip.. it measures a little over 6 1/2" long!! I do love that I can direct drip on the greencig carts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread