Greetings from Finland and dual 18650 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilbourne

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
Finland
Hi everyone and thank you in advance. This site seems to be the best place to talk and learn about vaping.

i am 29yo guy from finland and quit 10 years of heavy smoking thanks to tank vaping devices. It really was my dream and necessity to quit red lm's and hitting the ..... Not bragging, it really was a huge problem for my physical/mental-health, financial and relationahip. I smoked red Lm's like 20-30 a day and was so addicted to pot i had to even smoke resin and black tar dirt from my .... if i didnt have any pot. Sometimes i coughted few drops of blood from my throat and had to use inhalers everyday.

Then my wife had a stroke at a young age and is recovering from left side paralyze at the moment. Thank god it didnt do any damage to her intelligence or mind. "only" left side paralyzing and she is recovering, can walk somewhat and hand is also recovering. We have fate and ways to enjoy and recover our lives.

When she was still in hospital it came real to me things had to change. I need my full potential so i can be the man she need at these dramatic times. I drove 100km a day to see her in hospital every single day and spent the day with her from mid day to late evening, the nurses let me stay till 10pm. But it was a financial catastrophe aswell, the gas to drive there every day plus everything else i was so cornered to quit my expensive and bad habbits.

But how do you quit smokings at super bad times like this? Then came vaping. first got the joytech istick40w and cubis pro atomizer from the local computer store which happen to sell some ecigs aswell. First day i continued smoking cigs and also vaping and at night when i arrived home sorrowfully, i prayed in tears for God to give me the willpower i must have. Next morning i smoked 2 cigs and after that i didnt crave anymore. It was a miracle. I tried to quit few times before but now it was like too easy. I only Vaped and didnt have any urge to smoke cigs anymore. I was so proud when my wife asked me at the hospital yard arent you gonna smoke and i said no, ive quit everything but ecigs. Gonna be a good example for her to quit aswell, ive been over 2 months without any cigs(pot 3 months) and she has reduced her smoking 50% aswell becouse of vaping. But few days in my joytech cubis failed me just before bedtime and started hellish spitbacks i was so raged if i had any cigs that night i would have fallen. I drove to another shop to get the melo4 tank and that was good enough

NOW finally back to topic. I have evolved to my precious Smok Tfv12 - Prince tank on top of eleaf lexicon mod and this with well saturating T10 5 wick built in coils really satisfy me. I have fairly big lungs even after 10yo smokkng i cant take deep inhales from Melo 4s or on few other tanks becouse the cotton dries and ruins the coil before my lungs are full. This type. Of vaping must be the memory of those long .... hits. I really enjoy lungs full of vapor. T10s can saturate good and fast enouhg, the smoke is thick and satisfying. Really a great device like the lexicon rocks aswell.

QUESTION: i bought LG Hg2 batteries x4 and lexicon is a dual battery mod, is this setup 100% safe: preheat 110w 0.5sec then drops to 100w. I use 110w preheat becouse then the eliquid start vaporizing in an instant when i fire the mod. Otherwise 100w is plenty good. The t10 coils are rated 60-120w and marked "best on 80-110w".

Lexicon manual says to use 25a batteries but what i understand and have experienced the hg2s are great for this range but in curious can what is the safe limit for 2x hg2 and keeping mind not ruining the batteries too fast.

I found Sony Vtc6 from online store saying good and popular for ecig use becouse of high continues rate of 30a of power ideal of sub ohm vaping, but then i study that these are only 15a batteries?? How can stores advertise like this aint that dangerous for the people who use mechanical mods and think this is a 30a battery aint that illeagal advertising? I canceled my order right away.

So when my 0.12ohm coil range is max 110-120w is the best choice LG Hg2? There is no 3000 or 3500mah true 30a battery available? Im really happy with the. Hg2 battery life, one setup get thru of heavy vaping day so the other 2 batteries feel almoust useless but makes me happy to carry an extra 6000mah with me, just in case. Just thinking the lexicon manual and 25a battery req, i know vtc5a is actually 25a but then its 2500mah so the capasity drops. Do i really need more power for this setup to be safe? The lexicon has allkind of safety features marked on the box but who knows.

Sorry for my english and my wall of text if some one actually read it to the end can you help me with the battery choice and is my current setup safe or do i need to buy something else.

Heres a bad pic of my pride it really fit well together the rocking lexicon and smok prince tank. Love when i take a hit the light slowly climbs up from the bottom to the top like the smoke rising up or lungs filling full of vapor. Its an aff mode you can control them really nice or turn off. Feel. Heavy, metallic and all quality. EU may ban tanks bigger than 2ml, but they cant ban the spare parts which ofc happens to be 8ml bulb glass :) got another same setup coming from the factory store thru aliexpress black lexicon and green prince this time. I have to have every vapor device atleast x2 if one goes missing or break down. This setup i bought full price from finnish vape store.

But now im ready to go bed goodnight everyone and happy vaping days to come. Also hope some one can help me aswell :)

E. Cant upload the file, too big. Will sort it tommorow, now to bed goodnights!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You kind of do want 30amp batteries with that level of voltage. You’re running those LGs pretty hard. That said if you monitor their wear closely ditch them when they start to show sag there’s a pretty good chance you’ll be fine. The trick is to ride them hard but not ride them to death. THAT bit would be bad. Their service life will be shortened by an unknown amount, which is why monitoring is important.

That said the simplest solution is to get together a build that works for you at more like 60w. Do that and you will have no issues.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Many stores and shops (and rewrap manufacturers) exaggerate the amp and mah rating of cells, lg, sony, samsung, and panasonic are trustworthy. A 20 amp (lghg2) battery is good for 60 watts per battery (120 watts for 2, 180 for three cells). You would be better off with vtc5a's because you have more "headroom" but as bombastinator said you are ok as you are if you keep an eye on how the lg's perform over time. A 30 amp cell is not necessary at the wattage you use and would significantly shorten your time between charges as you pointed out.
So you like the tfv12. I think they make a rebuildable deck for that thing, you could learn how to rebuild and use slightly higher resistance coils, better for slightly lower amps and more charge time... Videos on youtube are very handy to learn.
Explore! There are many advantages to rebuilding; lower cost and getting the vape the way YOU want it are big ones... Good luck.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome to ECF and congratulations. Congratulations to your wife as well; being able to even cut down on smoking has to be hard considering what she's going through. Just a reminder...ecf doesn’t allow any discussion about "the other stuff".
Might give this a read.
18650 Battery Ratings Table | E-Cigarette Forum

Vilbourne

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
Finland
Thanks for the replys and information. My knowledge is entirely based on what i read from forums and guides. Like this:
LG HG2 vs VTC6? : electronic_cigarette

I think the vtc5a 2600mah 25A would be the best choice now when i have learned a bit more. But what my understanding tells me 20a x2 should be safe up to 120w and still have some headroom. I dont know how to monitor batteries. I only know to check from the mod and vtc4 charger that their discharge is equal and thats about it. They dont feel hot after vaping but warm indeed.I think the metal case of mod somewhat absord and release the heat off. They last pretty long time, at the end of the day when i swap for fresh set i see they have only taken in 1300-1500mah when they are fully charged. The mod may show them to be like down to about 25-30% but mod must calculate that these batteries cant be drained empty so if the mod stop working these batteries are still like on 3.0v.

These batteries are only like 2 weeks old so im thinking if i use these for how long they may work well and the next set can be the sony vtc5a's? Or does it need replacing faster for safety reasons? Well i vape alot, probably more than most not an wake hour goes past without me sucking the thing :) i just need to feel safe without the fear of my face blowing off.

From the settings i have found amp meter it says about 27A when i vape, dunno if i should be worried or not.

Yes i know this tank has alot of coils and rba aswell, but im very sceptical about it. My first tank set a had horrible "quick chanhe coils" where you change burned cotton with opening the small coil then take the wick out, cut cotton and roll it over the wick and put it back together. It didnt take many minutes for me to get in hell of an anger. First try to cut the cotton exact same size than the orginal inside with kitchen scissors the cotton bend and material breaks into hairy mess. When i finally made the cut right using the orginal as a mold and wrap it over the wick you need to place it back in and it has 2 ant leg sized metal sticks need to be put in exactly right way i screw the .... back together and hope for the best and mod doesnt even reconize it has anything on it. After a good ragedown i figured if "quick change" is like this what must RBA thing be. I almoust bought from aliexperess but then i realized i must probably start stying japanese cottons and very small metal wirings it probably is not a good idea at this point of my life. I am a very tired man, finally found something that works best for me and the coils may cost 15e for 3 pack if not ordered from Ali, but they are really good and seems to last for a good time. Heavy vaping after 8 days i changed the coil out of boredum and it was still perfectly fine. These t10s saturate really well it has 5x holes and wicks in it and large vents on the side. I read it is designed to saturete and perform well. How i can with my skills do any better. I have limited time and nervers for things like this. Otherwise im calm as a cow but when my stuff aint operating when needed i get mad.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Thanks for the replys and information. My knowledge is entirely based on what i read from forums and guides. Like this:
LG HG2 vs VTC6? : electronic_cigarette

I think the vtc5a 2600mah 25A would be the best choice now when i have learned a bit more. But what my understanding tells me 20a x2 should be safe up to 120w and still have some headroom. I dont know how to monitor batteries. I only know to check from the mod and vtc4 charger that their discharge is equal and thats about it. They dont feel hot after vaping but warm indeed.I think the metal case of mod somewhat absord and release the heat off. They last pretty long time, at the end of the day when i swap for fresh set i see they have only taken in 1300-1500mah when they are fully charged. The mod may show them to be like down to about 25-30% but mod must calculate that these batteries cant be drained empty so if the mod stop working these batteries are still like on 3.0v.

These batteries are only like 2 weeks old so im thinking if i use these for how long they may work well and the next set can be the sony vtc5a's? Or does it need replacing faster for safety reasons? Well i vape alot, probably more than most not an wake hour goes past without me sucking the thing :) i just need to feel safe without the fear of my face blowing off.

From the settings i have found amp meter it says about 27A when i vape, dunno if i should be worried or not.

Yes i know this tank has alot of coils and rba aswell, but im very sceptical about it. My first tank set a had horrible "quick chanhe coils" where you change burned cotton with opening the small coil then take the wick out, cut cotton and roll it over the wick and put it back together. It didnt take many minutes for me to get in hell of an anger. First try to cut the cotton exact same size than the orginal inside with kitchen scissors the cotton bend and material breaks into hairy mess. When i finally made the cut right using the orginal as a mold and wrap it over the wick you need to place it back in and it has 2 ant leg sized metal sticks need to be put in exactly right way i screw the .... back together and hope for the best and mod doesnt even reconize it has anything on it. After a good ragedown i figured if "quick change" is like this what must RBA thing be. I almoust bought from aliexperess but then i realized i must probably start stying japanese cottons and very small metal wirings it probably is not a good idea at this point of my life. I am a very tired man, finally found something that works best for me and the coils may cost 15e for 3 pack if not ordered from Ali, but they are really good and seems to last for a good time. Heavy vaping after 8 days i changed the coil out of boredum and it was still perfectly fine. These t10s saturate really well it has 5x holes and wicks in it and large vents on the side. I read it is designed to saturete and perform well. How i can with my skills do any better. I have limited time and nervers for things like this. Otherwise im calm as a cow but when my stuff aint operating when needed i get mad.
Don't be too worried about the batteries you are using. I agree though, if I was using that wattage all the time, I would get into the vtc5a's. I actually use a pair of vtc5a's in my normal rotation with three other pairs of lghg2's. I usually vape anywhere from 60 to 80 watts but have used setups at 120 as my main vape. The LGHG2's are reliable cells and you are pushing them a bit at 110 but it's not too extreme.
As far as rebuilding goes, it sounds like you had a rebuildable that was a pain in the ...., many are actually very forgiving, drippers especially; rebuildable tanks are a little trickier often to avoid leaking or not enough juice flow. I strongly suggest though that you look at some vids on youtube or anywhere showing the rebuild deck for the tfv12, how it's used. Might peak your interest, and gives you a head start in how it all works.

Vilbourne

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
Finland
Hello and thanks to you all. I have turned the preheat off and use constant 105w, instead of firing at 110 then dropping down to 100. The difference is very minimal if at all. Just though it might be better to have constant current instead of changing. Which probably doesnt even matter but still. After good vaping i drop the batteries off for test and they dont even feel close to hot, just little warm. If they were going to explode shouldnt they feel like starting a fire hot. I get the vca5as when these come to end.

I probably give the rba a go someday, first i need some pincers designed for the job and better smaller scissors. I have no tolerence for leaking so i have to be prepared to make it right. But i remember my friene using rba, pure vg juice and still getting juice coming out, so thats not a good sign. But he has different setups and the changes are him doing something wrong. But i wont watch the youtube video yet so i dont get over eagerly and start rushing things at this point. I keep it in mind and buy like when i get the new batteries, if nothing else just for fun and some evening relaxation chorus.. :)

But dont you need somekind of resistance tester with rba, or doesnt tanks have that allready? Just remember the same guy telling me that.

But everything seems to be fine and no need for over stress things. There are millions of vapers and only a few blew their faces and they did something stupid like using 30w coil at 70w settings or used mech mods. Which i dont get why there need to be mech mods when there are aafe and regulated ones. Like mine should have over temp protection and few other protections aswell.

Thank you

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hello and thanks to you all. I have turned the preheat off and use constant 105w, instead of firing at 110 then dropping down to 100. The difference is very minimal if at all. Just though it might be better to have constant current instead of changing. Which probably doesnt even matter but still. After good vaping i drop the batteries off for test and they dont even feel close to hot, just little warm. If they were going to explode shouldnt they feel like starting a fire hot. I get the vca5as when these come to end.

I probably give the rba a go someday, first i need some pincers designed for the job and better smaller scissors. I have no tolerence for leaking so i have to be prepared to make it right. But i remember my friene using rba, pure vg juice and still getting juice coming out, so thats not a good sign. But he has different setups and the changes are him doing something wrong. But i wont watch the youtube video yet so i dont get over eagerly and start rushing things at this point. I keep it in mind and buy like when i get the new batteries, if nothing else just for fun and some evening relaxation chorus.. :)

But dont you need somekind of resistance tester with rba, or doesnt tanks have that allready? Just remember the same guy telling me that.

But everything seems to be fine and no need for over stress things. There are millions of vapers and only a few blew their faces and they did something stupid like using 30w coil at 70w settings or used mech mods. Which i dont get why there need to be mech mods when there are aafe and regulated ones. Like mine should have over temp protection and few other protections aswell.

Thank you

You need an ohm reader if your building your own coils yes. Many vapers use the below:

Coil Master 521 Plus Tab | Elite Multi-Functional Tool

For a better battery understanding:

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
But dont you need somekind of resistance tester with rba,
Many people use a regulated mod as an ohm reader when they install coils. The mod's protections prevent anything too serious from happening IN THEORY. But an ohm reader is not expensive and provides a more stable base to build on (mods fall over easy while you are trying to build).
But i wont watch the youtube video yet so i dont get over eagerly and start rushing things at this point.
That's a good way to look at it. Get used to what you are using and keep an open mind for the future. RDA's (dripper with no tank just coils and cotton) are the easiest attys to learn with.
Which i dont get why there need to be mech mods when there are aafe and regulated ones
A mech mod is simplicity itself. No electronics, just a few parts and a battery. They can last forever if maintained properly, can take a beating that any regulated mod cannot, and have more direct power as soon as you hit the fire button since with a regulated mod the signal to fire goes through circuitry and wiring while the current is changed from what the cells actually put out to what the settings on the mod are.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and welcome! It sounds like you've overcome quite a lot and am glad your looking after both yourself and your wife by giving up smoking is a big step for you.

The batteries you have are safe as you're using them. All that will happen is by regular use at the higher end of the current they can provide will be a decrease in charge cycles. Thru will wear out faster than if you used them at a lower current draw. Not a terrible thing, but it will mean a shorter lifespan. When you find them not holding a charge for as long as they used to, you'll know it's time to replace them. You can also improve overall duty cycles by having more than one set and rotating between them. Just keep paired batteries like that, as a set, used together, charged together, and preferably bought together. Don't mix brands and ratings, so no 1 LG with 1 Sony.

Vilbourne

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
Finland
Thank you all for the great advices and positivity. Shes the champion for thriving thru such a thing and keeping positivity.

These lgs last longer than exepted. Almoust useless to have 2x2 setup rotation. My istick powers have 5000mah and cant go thru a day without chargins every now and then though with ello duros im testing are little better for battery than melo4s. Ello only need a very very light inhale to reach its maxium vapor, its super airy. I like it too very much on its own way. But with 2xlgs it last almoust till bedtime at 100 or 105w and still has about 3.6v or more power left. Never gone below that. And i always wait like 10min after vaping before i start to charge them so they sure are at room temp inside out. And i only use 0.5a chargin ports. It can fast charge 2a if i use micro usb direct into the mod but only used for few seconds to check it actually works.

I think if the lgs last long the next setup is also gonna be hg2 if i dont get some new toy which require more power. I think if i start to chainvape like crazy at the max 120w the T10 atomizer can support the tank and coil would heat and give up before the hg2 becomes a problem. Im satisfying for this setup and staying 105w since there is no difference between 105 and 110 which is the highest woltage smok recomends. I really love this setup but keeping an open mind for the rda as a hobby someday but with my nature id like to keep vaping positive thing as possible, not yet ready to battle with rdas as i cant give up if it doesnt work i cant quit messing with it and may cause more mental damage :)

I swore one day that i never get mod that has external batteries so i dont have to deal with any problems, but i then realized if i buy nice and expensive battery built in mods the battery inside will get crappy someday and then i cant do anything about it. Dunno what kinda battery the istick powers have inside but i bet you cant replace them. 18650 are cheap to replace and you can enjoy your mod long as it stays together.

Vilbourne

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
Finland
IMG_20181122_220732.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Thank you all for the great advices and positivity. Shes the champion for thriving thru such a thing and keeping positivity.

These lgs last longer than exepted. Almoust useless to have 2x2 setup rotation. My istick powers have 5000mah and cant go thru a day without chargins every now and then though with ello duros im testing are little better for battery than melo4s. Ello only need a very very light inhale to reach its maxium vapor, its super airy. I like it too very much on its own way. But with 2xlgs it last almoust till bedtime at 100 or 105w and still has about 3.6v or more power left. Never gone below that. And i always wait like 10min after vaping before i start to charge them so they sure are at room temp inside out. And i only use 0.5a chargin ports. It can fast charge 2a if i use micro usb direct into the mod but only used for few seconds to check it actually works.

I think if the lgs last long the next setup is also gonna be hg2 if i dont get some new toy which require more power. I think if i start to chainvape like crazy at the max 120w the T10 atomizer can support the tank and coil would heat and give up before the hg2 becomes a problem. Im satisfying for this setup and staying 105w since there is no difference between 105 and 110 which is the highest woltage smok recomends. I really love this setup but keeping an open mind for the rda as a hobby someday but with my nature id like to keep vaping positive thing as possible, not yet ready to battle with rdas as i cant give up if it doesnt work i cant quit messing with it and may cause more mental damage :)

I swore one day that i never get mod that has external batteries so i dont have to deal with any problems, but i then realized if i buy nice and expensive battery built in mods the battery inside will get crappy someday and then i cant do anything about it. Dunno what kinda battery the istick powers have inside but i bet you cant replace them. 18650 are cheap to replace and you can enjoy your mod long as it stays together.

One piece of advice. Those "ratings" those coils are labeled is marketing, not anything close to real. It's Ike a car that can do 180 mph. Great but you'll still be late for work after going through central booking. All those coils vape best at the power level you like best. More often than not that's well below the top rating, and frequently is way closer the the lower end they unhelpfully provide. No need to chase watts. Just use what gives you the best quality vape that you like. If it's lower, so much the better as you'll get better battery life and way better coil life keeping it turned down a bit if you're still happy with the performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread