Greetings from Finland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fin-e-cig

Dec 30, 2007
Finland
Hello,

and thanks for a place to discuss about e-cigarettes!

Something about myself: 29 years old male from Finland. Smoked about 13 years now and last 2 months used nicotine gum and I really hate it! So, I decided to give a try to e-cig.

I ordered my e-cig from dealextreme.com http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10100

About 18 euros, shipping included. Not bad bargain, even though those are chinese fakes. :) I'll let you guys know more when my shipment arrives.

Cheers!

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Greetings Sir and happy new year! It's great to have you on board.

Wow, 18 Euros! :eek: That's the cheapest I've seen. My view on the Chinese fakes is that they are a great starter option. I have had mine for about 3 weeks now and will be buying a real Ruyan soon. I don't think I would have paid £100 plus for one to start with, but now I know it works I do want one that is higher quality.

Have fun tonight and I look forward to hearing how your e-ciggie works out.

Cheers, SJ.

hi, im 34, from the uk and have been a smoker for the last 13 years

over that period of time i have half heartily tried to give up on several occations using drugs , patches inhaler ect, which all failed miserably
the fact is i dont really want to give up smoking as i enjoy it too much
it has taken a toll on my health though but as of yet no illness

i bought an ecig on ebay (a copy) which lasted 24 hours before breaking (i dropped it) but i was very impressed with it .being a heavy smoker (40+ a day) i was slightly sceptical of it, and as they are not really on the market over here yet had no one to really ask about it or see it first hand, but after using it for 5 minutes it was obvious that this was a definite step forward.

even though the version i bought was a bit cumbersome, the smoking sensation i think is virtually identical. i bought mine with 24mg cartridges and you defiantly get the hit from the nicotine. the taste reminded me of cherry pipe tobacco and was pleasant, i have seen other flavours/strengths available but cant seem to be able to buy any anywhere

im about to purchase one of the version 9 mini ecigs and a few of my friends now have their own and all of them love it

in the uk where it fine for teenagers to kick and stab people to death but god forbid you to light up. i can see this being a real alternative. its reducing my health risks and saving me money (good considering i buy very cheap imported cigs)

but i do not see this as a way to give up but a way to continue to enjoy my bad habit :)

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hi exorcist?,

It's great to have you on board!

I totally agree with you about people's attitude to smoking - it's not fun feeling like a social pariah, especially when people don't bat an eyelid at all other kinds of behavior.

As regards the e-cig - mine died on me yesterday after about a month of usage. I'm not too fussed since I always realised that it was a cheap and cheerful version. However, I just received my new one - a Sedansa - in the post this morning and I have to say it is brilliant!

It just knocks the socks of the e-cig in every way possible. I'm in the process of writing a review on it and hopefully will have it up by the end of the day.

Later,
SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread