Status
Not open for further replies.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I just have one question that doesn't seem to be covered in the owner's manual.....when I check the battery level, the unit fires for a few seconds. Is this normal? I'm sure this has been asked 50 kajillion times, so I apologize in advance.....and if it is normal, what is the purpose? (If anyone knows....)

Yes this is normal. The ProVari fires under load. Does the same when you check ohms - it'll fire.

In K.I.S.S. terms it just means the ProVari is telling you hey this is what battery you have left while in use. Same with ohms or ohms in use.

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
Yes this is normal. The ProVari fires under load. Does the same when you check ohms - it'll fire.

In K.I.S.S. terms it just means the ProVari is telling you hey this is what battery you have left while in use. Same with ohms or ohms in use.

Thank you! I thought maybe my Provari was giving me the finger. "Hey, you don't trust me? You think I'm draining your battery too fast? Here, let me drain it some more." :p

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
You know, now that I think about it, I have been doing my own hazing, there is a haze in the living room, in the kitchen, in the bathroom and generally anywhere I have been puffing away! :vapor:

I feel the same! I've had my EH Pro clone kayfun for about a month, it's sooo awe-some. Now that Kayfun is on my new ProVari and I'm not chasin' my vape any more... It's all around me!
Gotta save for the next one...

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Got it Thursday. Early Valentine's Day gift to myself! Love it! Currently using an Aerotank on it. :)

qe6y9u8e.jpg

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
I was just saying in a different thread I'm not feeling the Kayfun yet everyone else seems to love it. Either my juices are burnt or muted.

You should try to get with Ozwald, he seems to be the go-to kayfun guy of the Provarinati. It's really build-dependent.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
What sort of builds are you trying?

There's a good thread on this topic that I've been following, a couple pages in someone shows a build in which the ends of an extra-long cotton wick are folded back up onto the coil, and this has works really well: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...kayfun-russian-wick-setup-works-great-me.html

-- Glenn

I was just saying in a different thread I'm not feeling the Kayfun yet everyone else seems to love it. Either my juices are burnt or muted.

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO

S'LeX, it took me a while before I got my R91% builds down. I wasn't feeling it at first, either. Using 28awg, my vertical coils haven't been as good vapor-wise as my horizontal ones, but they've been better flavor-wise. For me, using the right amount of cotton wick has made all the difference; I was using too much before.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR

sigpic162119_4.gif

Um...interesting. Shouldn't it be "Sum Quod Sum," though? "I am what I am." "Id Quod Sum" doesn't make much sense. Even "Sum Id Quod Sum" would be better, if a bit wordy.

reference: 'I am what I am' : "sum quod sum" (_Sermon No. 76_, Saint Augustine of Hippo)

Edit:

The coil height above the air hole is very important. Most people gloss over that part. This video helped me get my Kayfun builds perfected.

Last edited:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
I've got to put this on Google Translate - I was looking for a Latin phrase saying 'it's what I have.'

-- Glenn

sigpic162119_4.gif

Um...interesting. Shouldn't it be "Sum Quod Sum," though? "I am what I am." "Id Quod Sum" doesn't make much sense. Even "Sum Id Quod Sum" would be better, if a bit wordy.

reference: 'I am what I am' : "sum quod sum" (_Sermon No. 76_, Saint Augustine of Hippo)

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I've got to put this on Google Translate - I was looking for a Latin phrase saying 'it's what I have.'

-- Glenn
Nothing but the best for the Vamo. Here you go. ;)
It'sway atwhay Iway avehay.

Or more accurately, "Est Id Quod." "It is what I have."
Google translate doesn't handle contractions very well.

Last edited:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
I like it! Oink oink.

Thanks for the heads up, back to Photoshop ite (or I-way oh-gay).

-- Glenn

Nothing but the best for the Vamo. Here you go. ;)
It'sway atwhay Iway avehay.

Or more accurately, "Est Id Quod." "It is what I have."
Google translate doesn't handle contractions very well.

...back to Photoshop ite (or I-way oh-gay).

Edit: Hmm, I'm not sure if that sounds right.

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
sigpic162119_4.gif

Edit:
The coil height above the air hole is very important. Most people gloss over that part. This video helped me get my Kayfun builds perfected.

Also, getting the legs off the blocks immediately is critical. It sounds like a 'hot leg' is plaguing Scandal...

Roaring via Tapatalk

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Also, you can see in the first build in the RT video how the drill is oriented, with the closest end in front of the right-hand block, and the further end behind the left hand block.

If you wrap your coil so that it comes out this way, the ends of the wick will be point in the same direction as the rotation of the chimney as you're tightening it. This placement helps keep the wick in place -- if done the other way, tightening the chimney can lift the wick out of place, causing all sorts of nastiness. (Can't remember where I heard this, but it's a useful tip.)

-- Glenn

Also, getting the legs off the blocks immediately is critical. It sounds like a 'hot leg' is plaguing Scandal...

Roaring via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread