The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Grinds Coffee Pouches - My Review

Discussion in 'Smokeless tobacco' started by Burnie, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Burnie

Burnie The Bug Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    To start out, My thoughts and My Tastes are My Own, and yours may be different than Mine. I also paid for these out of My Own Pocket, and I am just reviewing them in case anyone is interested.

I am typing these thoughts as I sample them, so they may be random thoughts as I think them. :D Size wise, the pouches are bigger in the lip than a regular portion Snus pouch, but weigh about the same. It looks like they are processed like an original portion and sprayed at the end for flavor & moisture. If they had Nicotine in them it would be a real winner. (keep that thought, as I have an idea :D)

upload_2018-3-11_10-31-0.png

Black Coffee
    Well it has a good coffee smell and taste like black coffee. :) No real sweetness or cream, just a coffee flavor, not bad at all. After a while, I am really liking the flavor, they did a good job on this one, if you like coffee like I do.

Mocha Coffee
    Not as strong of a coffee smell, and I don't smell any chocolate. :( A little sweetness, not as much coffee flavor as the Black Coffee, and I don't taste mocha. They need to step up the coffee and mocha in this one to make it a winner. It's not bad per say, but I am disappointed in this one as I thought it would be my favorite. (I Really LOVE Chocolate, I was born with the Chocolate Gene :lol:)

Vanilla Coffee
    This one smells of vanilla and coffee, really nice aroma. :) Does taste like a coffee with vanilla cream, but could have a little more flavor. A little sweetness, but you can taste both the coffee and the vanilla cream.

Irish Cream Coffee
    Can't really smell anything but a mild coffee, but nothing like the Black Coffee. Not a bad flavor, can taste some sweetness, but not a lot. Does not really taste like an Irish Cream Coffee to me. Could be better, but not bad at all.

Caramel Coffee
    Can smell the mild coffee, and I guess the caramel, haven't smelled caramel in a while, so not sure. :facepalm: Taste wise, it does have a sweetness, and I can taste the Caramel and a mild coffee. As with the others, could have a more dominate flavor like the Black Coffee. Not bad, but don't expect an over the top Caramel flavor, but usable.

Well after trying them all (1 pouch of each), unless I change my mind, the only one I would reorder is the Black Coffee, I really enjoyed it the best. YMMV

So, on adding Nicotine. I have some Aroma unflavored WTA in 24mg/ml 100% VG. If you figure there are 20 drops in 1 ml then there is 1.2mg of nicotine in each drop. So I took 3 drops of WTA, and added 3 drops of distilled water, then put that on a Grinds Black Coffee Pouch. I figure (if my math is right) that it will have 3.6mg on nicotine (or there about). That might be too much, as it being a liquid, it will be absorbed quickly, but I got to start somewhere. :)

More Thoughts to Follow as I use them some more......

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I was hoping for better results on the flavored ones. I think we have similar tastes so I’m not going to waste money or time trying it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. gerrymi

gerrymi Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Hi Burnie...GREAT review of the smell/flavors...

But...how are you finding the effects of the coffee (caffeine) vs. the effects of Nicotine Pouches/Snus???

Grinds Coffee Pouches

• Like Like x 1
  4. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I feel NOTHING from the caffeine, it is too little to affect me. To give you an idea, I make 50 ounces of cold coffee, and it takes 1/2 cup of dark french roast grounds, so these pouches are just flavor to me, nothing more.

I did try the one I put the 24mg/ml WTA on, I can tell it has nicotine, but not to the buzz point. The next one I try it on I am going to use 4 drops instead of 3, and no water.

I am going to try different places in the mouth to see if the flavor is stronger where the mouth is producing more saliva. These were target marketed to ball players to use instead of dip, so I guess they were dipping in the lower lip where there is a lot higher saliva production. I will post more thoughts as I try different things.

These are not to replace my Snus, just something different to try. :D

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks for the review, Burnie. Interesting, and it sounds like it may be a good match with WTA (although, I am not really looking to increase my caffeine intake) but it's interesting to read about your experiments with them... :)

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    From their website, it is not really a lot of caffeine in them (at least to me:))

upload_2018-3-12_19-15-12.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. gerrymi

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    One NoDoz tablet contains 200mg of caffeine...A 12-ounce can of Coca-Cola contains 35 mg of caffeine.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. gerrymi

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Interesting???

I emailed getgrinds and wrote..."Have you run across this (new) thread on E-Cigarette-Forum ?"

Their reply:

"Thanks for reaching out. This is great. We appreciate how honest the writer is. Everyone has their own opinion and its a win if our product is being talked about. Let us know if you come across anything else.
    Best,
    Shaun Aguilera
    Customer Success Manager

• Like Like x 3
  9. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Thanks Gerry, Interesting reply. :)

Hope to have more thoughts on them, but work is working on me, and I haven't tried them more, maybe later this week or this weekend. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Well this turned out good, can really feel the nicotine with 4 drops (4.8mg), and with the Black Coffee no real off taste from adding it. Next I'll try it on a Vanilla pouch and see how that does, it does not have as strong of a flavor as the Black Coffee. If I can add some nicotine to these, it makes them a lot more usable for me. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. hittman

Supporting member
    The only down side I can see is that you spent the money on the grinds and then are using wta that isn't cheap either so it'd be cheaper to just buy snus. However, if you really enjoy the flavor then the cost isn't as important.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I don't use the WTA in my vape anyway, I got it for when I thought the DW wanted to quit smoking with vaping, which I don't think will ever happen, so this gives me a use for it, and I have quite a bit. :facepalm:

EDIT: I just did the math, the Aroma WTA I am using cost as much as the pouches, so it doubles the cost. :facepalm:

I most likely will not order more Grinds, who knows, I have 5 cans that I need to do something with :D But I never intended to give up snus, I just like trying different things. :)

Too bad there is not a really good coffee snus. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. gerrymi

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I know, I got a 120ml bottle for $27.98 shipped last November, still haven't opened it. :D

I was thinking I don't need PURE WTA, normally you use it at 10% or less. So what I was going to do is mix up some Nic Salt 100mg/ml with VG to make 9ml of 24mg/ml, then add 1ml of 24mg/ml WTA giving me a total of 10ml of 24mg/ml with 10% WTA. Then take 4 drops of that and put on a pouch and see what it is like. Using Nic Salt and Umbavape WTA would bring the cost down to very little per pouch. Might get to it this weekend, work is hammering me right now. :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. hittman

Supporting member
    I hope the umba wta works better for that than it does for vaping. I tried it a while back and didn’t like it. I still have an almost full 30ml bottle sitting here.

16. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    What did you not like about it, flavor, effect, ???

• Like Like x 1
  17. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    FYI, this was what I was thinking of mixing up to try first. Using the Aroma WTA, this way, it is around $.05 per pouch (or less than $1 per can), which is not bad.

upload_2018-3-15_21-4-32.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. hittman

Supporting member
    Burnie, I felt like I got little to no effect from the umba wta. I dripped it straight on an rda. It seemed harsh and left a tingling sensation in my mouth. I then rewicked and dripped some aroma wta and immediately could tell the difference. I think I’ve told you before but I have a long history with wta going back to the time that Dvap first figured out how to do the extraction process. I’ve tried several other wta’s and none have even come close to aroma’s in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Burnie

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Guess I need to open the bottle of Umba WTA and try it, it has just been sitting in the fridge since I got it. I sorta figured it was not as good as Aroma because of the Lots Cheaper price. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. hittman

Supporting member
    You should try it and decide for yourself. Some people seem to be getting by ok with it. It’s just not for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.