Status
Not open for further replies.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
The cam switch is designed, but needs to be worked through with more time. It is basically a three position lever; 1- locked, 2- Active, and 3- momentary trigger. I suspect this will make it out in the future, but it's following something else we are working on which is much cooler.
Man!!! I wish I would not have asked because now I am even more intrigued. It sounds really sweet. I cant wait to see what you guys have comin next but I will be sure to pop my head back in after it comes out to remind you about the cam switch

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
really good idea
i just another grip tape for my ultramax res

thanks
No problem, I actually dont have to use tape anymore, it seems like once you use it for a while it breaks in and slides easier and easier the more you use it, I guess it breaks in or something. But if you are having trouble then the grip tape will work for a bit.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
I've found that if you let it tarnish up a little, it becomes a non issue grip wise.

It doesn't look as sharp, but I have no slipping when activating it.

Interesting...it make sense too. I'm not getting any tarnishing at all and that's without doing more than wiping out the inside of the Slip n Slide with the Cape Cod for smooth firing. I found some of that rough deck tape around the house and will try that today finally.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Honestly after a little time working the button it smooths out tremendously. I used a trimmed down piece of cloth tape for a few days and now it is smooth as butter. It take a minute to get used to, but it's fine once you do.
I agree completely, I had a lot of trouble at first but after working it for a week its slides very easy. I think it smooths out and the spring loosens up a bit too.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I'm thinking of ordering a ultramax soon but I wouldn't want a bottom button type design because I can't stand them. I hope the sliding mechanism works for me or maybe a little lever could be added to push up that battery tube.

I think you will be fine. I honestly have never had a problem with any of them. I have used all three extensively and never had switch problems.

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
It's been said several times, but I'll just remind y'all (since I ignored it): If you polish the battery sleeve with a Cape Cod cloth, it will get slippery and harder to activate.

Mine didn't even need polishing, but I did it anyway for some reason and had my first problem with the slide switch. It has taken almost a day to 'unslippify' it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread