Gripper-- muh ha ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
The xl's won't work but most standard megas will. Clear megas won't:) I'll try and get the exact ID on the tube part on Moday. Some carts may appear to not fit because of the little ridge where the conector pushes into the carto, but you can work past that usually and get them in.

The reason that they're considered disposable is that they are sealed plastic and while it may be possible to get them apart to replace the horn switch, it usually breaks the plastic. The main idea behind these was a short stealth mod that I could use at my sons soccer games but the more I worked on it and the more it took shape and the price, it makes them cheap enough to not bother fixing..

Even as cheap as they are price wise, and despite the limitations on cartos or atties, they're still great quality and made very nicely.

hoog

Last edited:

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
They were originally designed for an 18350 battery, which still fits, but a 16340 fits better.

I have a personal rule of only buying mods that use batteries that I already have. I do not have any 18350s. But I do have a couple 16340s. Gee thanks Hoog. ;)

But heck, for $20? This is a bargain for a pocket mod or a backup mod.

MadVapes strikes again.

JJ :)

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I just received a Gripper in the mail today and have been vaping it for the last 10 minutes or so. I popped in a 18350 while I wait for my 16340's to charge up and screwed in a freshly filled Smok Tech Stainless 1.7 Ohm 510 Mega Cartomizer. Just like Hoog had reported, the draw was a little on the tight side so I added a 510 Battery Extension. That immediately gave it a perfect draw and added a little over an inch of clearance between the device and top of the cartomizer. The carto and the extension together felt a bit wobbly and I was afraid to try to crank it down for fear of damaging the connector. The connector is probably the weakest link in the chain with this particular PV. If that breaks, you might as well toss it or use it for mod parts. Besides that, the Gripper's shape and coating feels nice in your hand and works as good as any other 3.7 volt device. The button is a typical MadVapes' reliable black horn style switch. I've built many mods with this switch and have never had one fail yet. For $20, you can't go wrong.

TDale

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Georgia
It does say that. Only reason I can think of is, since its such a low price, that you won't keel over from a heart attack or cry your eyes out if it takes a tumble into traffic.

Might be just the thing for a fishing trip mod. If it goes into the lake, you won't feel compelled to jump in after it.

HAha! Already been in the lake rescuing my Roughstack!

umjim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2009
Charleston S.C.
Cool news, but I don't see them on the site Hoog. Since it is a matter of 2mm, then a AW IMR ought to fit just great. Also is the tolerance for the atty/ carto tube still 10mm clearance

Can anybody verify this info.? I need to order batteries and would rather use an 18350 AW, if it'll fit.

cracker75

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Washington State
AW IMR's fit just great.

A friend needed to order a $4 charger she forgot and asked me if I wanted anything to get the most out of the shipping:) So I ordered a gripper and got it today. What a cool little mod. I know a lot of folks want to spend $200-$300 on works of art, but I have jobs and sometime stuff gets dropped. It's great to have a sweet little stealth mod I don't have to worry about.

Silly part is, I haven't even tried it yet, as I hate having too many cartos in rotation, but I'll probably fill up a DCC tomorrow and give it a shot.

BTW...I love the "clicky" button. All my mods have soft switches and I really like the "click".

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Man, this thing is smaller than I thought it would be . Very easy to hide in the hands. Vapes like a RS, but the button is much more comfy. Size comparison below:
IMG_20120322_215941.jpg

Left is the "Gripper", 1100 KGo with 3.5ml DCCT, Q2V3 Copper, LavaTube With 6ml DCCT, RS Maxi, Indulgence V3, 650 VV eGo, 50ml Bottle of #6 Blend!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread