Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Fancy, I like it. Prices a little more than I like to pay for my mods but it is a yihi chip. Tough call when Smoant makes lots of awesome looking and performing mods that cost less than half these, it makes it hard to pull the trigger on one. Smoant you have spoiled me and ruined it for the other manufacturers. They need to pick up their game.

Reactions: Gallant

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
If you're serious about TC the Yihi chips are the best, most consistent, and easiest to deal with in the market. The price is bound to drop but not unreasonable as it stands.
I always hear that yihi and DNA chips do TC better than any other chip. Like noticeable difference. My question is - I like the tc of my Battlestar, it gives me a nice consistent, smooth, steady vape. Not too hot, not too cool. So how is yihi and DNA doing tc so much better? I can't imagine a smoother, consistent vape so I don't understand how a chip can do it better. My Battlestar already does it great so is these chips performance just a figment of people's imagination. You know, "I paid more for it so it must be better"?

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
currently, Earth
If you have a great vape then there's no need for better unless you want to spend money.

What I find makes the Yihi the best (for me) is the huge power band (9.5V on the 550 chip with 2 bats.). Takes 3 on a DNA and many other mods to do that and it opens more build possibilities. A 0.5Ohm load can be pushed to 180W. 2 bat DNA 250 can only muster 77W. Even the 500 chip is pretty impressive.

The Yihi's have imperceptible voltage sag with weak batteries. It either delivers your exact vape or it stops. Never think batteries weak, think batteries dead.

Resistance locking is holding a button(s) and never drifts. You can put the mod in the fridge, leave it in the sun, the vape only changes due to viscosity of the juice being different.

I can flip tanks around easily, switch configs and it's spot on with no fuss at all.

Power curves simultaneously with temp curves is pretty sweet but the built in curves handle just about everything easily at a click.

I press fire and it's exactly the same until my juice is out. I vape it dry for maintenance and my wicks are never singed and come out bone dry.

My first Yihi is 2 years old and fires exactly as it always has.

Is this better? Is it worth the price? Depends on the use case. I'm excited about these lower priced Yihi's but they will never be cheap.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
If you have a great vape then there's no need for better unless you want to spend money.

What I find makes the Yihi the best (for me) is the huge power band (9.5V on the 550 chip with 2 bats.). Takes 3 on a DNA and many other mods to do that and it opens more build possibilities. A 0.5Ohm load can be pushed to 180W. 2 bat DNA 250 can only muster 77W. Even the 500 chip is pretty impressive.

The Yihi's have imperceptible voltage sag with weak batteries. It either delivers your exact vape or it stops. Never think batteries weak, think batteries dead.

Resistance locking is holding a button(s) and never drifts. You can put the mod in the fridge, leave it in the sun, the vape only changes due to viscosity of the juice being different.

I can flip tanks around easily, switch configs and it's spot on with no fuss at all.

Power curves simultaneously with temp curves is pretty sweet but the built in curves handle just about everything easily at a click.

I press fire and it's exactly the same until my juice is out. I vape it dry for maintenance and my wicks are never singed and come out bone dry.

My first Yihi is 2 years old and fires exactly as it always has.

Is this better? Is it worth the price? Depends on the use case. I'm excited about these lower priced Yihi's but they will never be cheap.
The DNA75c has a 9v limit, and I believe there are some dual-battery mods with the chip on the market.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
currently, Earth
The DNA75c has a 9v limit, and I believe there are some dual-battery mods with the chip on the market.

True as Evolve finally added a boost circuit. I'd still take an old Yihi 350JV2 over it anyway. Far less fiddling involved.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
True as Evolve finally added a boost circuit. I'd still take an old Yihi 350JV2 over it anyway. Far less fiddling involved.
I have no preference, just thought I should add that information :)

janne303

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2014
Sweden
Got mine today. No issues so far... :)
1a774e5a5a82dba37480b38a49d9f178.jpg

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Devlinukr

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015

I've been trying to decide between this or the Voopoo Drag or Alpha one.

Have multiple DNA mods and I don't get it at all, I don't find them that accurate or special a vape though I haven't tried the new 75C.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave

Have multiple DNA mods and I don't get it at all, I don't find them that accurate or special a vape though I haven't tried the new 75C.
Although the gtrs vboy seems like a nice enough mod, if you don't notice a difference in the vape quality I'd go with one of the voopoo's. The drag box is supposed to do tc pretty good and I haven't read any reviews for the alpha one so I don't know about that one. Just pick the one you think looks nicer because the chips they use are very similar if not identical. I use Smoant mods and they perform great in power and tc so it may be another mod to consider. Anyway good luck, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the mods mentioned.

Reactions: Devlinukr

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
The drag box is supposed to do tc pretty good and I haven't read any reviews for the alpha one so I don't know about that one.
I like my drag just fine in tc ss mode. It is a fast firing chip (in wattage and tc preheat) and tc is good for me. The alpha one has the same chip I believe. The only possible downside is the 80w max in tc mode but it works fine for me. Current build is in the 0.25 ohm range and I only have it set to 70w preheat max. My cartel revenant has a similar build/ohm and it does fine with a 60w max preheat so I could probably turn down the drag a bit more.

Reactions: Devlinukr

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
currently, Earth
The Aspire Speeder is an excellent TC mod. My wife hasn't touched the temp setting for a week and it's vaping just the way I set it up (SS TC). It's the best inexpensive alternative to a SXMini G Class going.

If the VBoy is truly fixed, it's got a killer chip at the next price tier up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread