GTRS VBOY YiHi SX500

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
Did the firmware released on 11/7 fix any of the issues Pbusardo complains about in his new review? Is it just me or does he seem overly critical of Yihi based products?
Download-GaoMeiTe (Hong Kong) Technology Co.,Ltd

It's the firmware version that comes with every device 1.3, not new, I'll give you my experience with sx500/550 their pwm isn't flat therefore the temperature fluctuates, dna provides flat output reads as many points and provides flat temp or near flat where YiHi is always fluctuating a LOT due to pwm. So no sx500 and Sx550j are NOT better than a dna200/250, in power mode you get the curve but a lot of low end devices offer that, he's not overly critical the products are way overpriced and there are not as accurate as people put them to be, G class BIG hype, doesn't come close to a dna250 that costs over half less. 117$ usd triade dna250 220$ Sx550j...

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Comparing a sale price to full retail price is somewhat misleading when trying to prove a point. ATM im seeing about $150ish from US vendors for the Triade and as low as $189 for the G Class in Kevlar. So half the cost dont really float for me.

Comparing list price of $180 vs $220 is far more fair and that is obviously nowhere near half the cost.

Over priced...yes they are but so is a real VaporShark when you consider they are made in China also and ive seen tons of quality control complaints about them recently. Mostly just finish related but still.

DNA handles TC better....no argument. The new 75C really looks great but IMO the current selection of Chinese made 75C devices is kinda high. Probably cheaper than the new MX Class 75watt though.

Last edited:

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
Did the firmware released on 11/7 fix any of the issues Pbusardo complains about in his new review? Is it just me or does he seem overly critical of Yihi based products?
Download-GaoMeiTe (Hong Kong) Technology Co.,Ltd

It's the firmware version that comes with every device 1.3, not new, I'll give you my experience with sx500/550 their pwm isn't flat therefore the temperature fluctuates, DNA provides flat output reads as many points and provides flat temp or near flat where YiHi is always fluctuating a LOT due to pwm. So no sx500 and Sx550j are NOT better than a dna200/250, in power mode you get the curve but a lot of low end devices offer that, he's not overly critical the products are way overpriced and there are not as accurate as people put them to be, G class BIG hype, doesn't come close to a dna250 that costs over half less. 117$ usd triade
Comparing a sale price to full retail price is somewhat misleading when trying to prove a point. ATM im seeing about $150ish from US vendors for the Triade and as low as $189 for the G Class in Kevlar. So half the cost dont really float for me.

Comparing list price of $180 vs $220 is far more fair and that is obviously nowhere near half the cost.

Over priced...yes they are but so is a real VaporShark when you consider they are made in China also and ive seen tons of quality control complaints about them recently. Mostly just finish related but still.

DNA handles TC better....no argument. The new 75C really looks great but IMO the current selection of Chinese made 75C devices is kinda high. Probably cheaper than the new MX Class 75watt though.

Will be around $150 for MX, T class is out in February imo if I didn't have an RGX550 I'd buy the g for $189... actually not sure since I'm using sx500 more so get that for $60 and wait for T they upgraded the chip, way bigger now, maybe finally a flat output? (Doubt it) still $189 is a really good price, make sure it doesn't mess with guarantee tho, the sx chips aren't as solid as DNA and are fragile as f

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
The mod that is most appealing to me from a price standpoint is the Aspire Speeder but ive been less than thrilled with other chips temp control. Ive only tried DNA devices belonging to others and i have a M Class. Both work fine for me and i love the build quality of the SX Mini M Class. Yihi based mods from companies like IPV have been less than stellar when compared to a SX Mini.

The MX Class looks nice but im not a fan of the joy stick. Maybe i can get used to it but i love the layout of the 3 button 75C. Same thing kinda goes for the SX500 vs the SX550J. I don't need the extra features and i would rather have the 3 button layout.

Im in no hurry atm though so i will just wait and see what sales happen as we get closer to Christmas and the New Year. The full blown GTRS V2 is more appealing to me than a V1 with just the battery door fix. The 510 issue still concerns me but that is supposed to be resolved also with the V2.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I guess it is contact vendor for updated battery door. <sigh>

When I got mine, from Element Vape, and it came with the new door loose in the package.

You might wanna check the packaging.

I used the old door for awhile and honestly didn't have any problem but I did swap it out. About a 30 second project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread