South Central... Ontario
4T02FZM.gif

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hey guys I'm back and squonking now, I know many of you in the community, know that I left on a bad note, I would like to say, I was wrong about dash vapes, and I would like to rejoin the community

Hey @lotodem, welcome back from a fellow GTA'er :)

Squonking is cool, I did it for a while but now I just rta.

Whatever works, vape on my friend!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Anyone understand how the coil calcs you can download work? I want to start building my own coils but want to use a calc instead of my mod to figure out resistance etc

I've been using Steam Engine for my coil calcs, and more, for years. They have pretty good info on how things work, just scroll down a bit on that page to see it.

Iotodem

Oct 2, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Steam engine is the most popular coil calculator. Works well for us vapers. I don’t remember you but welcome back..........wait is this Ephraim?!?!?!?!?!? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha no this is not Ephraim, just someone who had a disagreement and left on a bad note...

Reactions: madstabber

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Anyone understand how the coil calcs you can download work? I want to start building my own coils but want to use a calc instead of my mod to figure out resistance etc

Steam Engine and Vape Tool (Pro) are great to reference but you should always confirm your build either with a mod or even better, an ohm meter prior to use. Each app uses known metal properties to perform their calculations. The metal that we use for coils can come in different grades - these differences, although minute in most cases, will have different properties than what Steam/Vape Tool uses therefore the results will also be different…sometimes vast differences. The virtual calculators also do not account for any resistance our RDA or Mod may add to the build. And most importantly, they cannot tell if there is a short.

I have used both, they work well and are easy recommendations, but more importantly is knowing your mod and battery limits. I would start off using simple single gauge wire of your choice, Kanthal, Stainless Steel, N80 until you familiarize yourself with the app and your device.

Oh….and welcome back dude :thumb:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Since he is using a regulated mod (pulse 80w), he is kind of forced into checking his build before use. But that is solid advice.

I do want to say that unless you have a nice ohm meter, a mod may actually be a better tool for checking ohms. All the designated ohm meters I had (mostly coil masters but a couple other vape branded meters) were less accurate than a lot of my mods are.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I can’t speak for the accuracy of all mods, none of mine are accurate including a DNA250C. They do fall within what I consider a safe range meaning their inaccuracy is not that far off. I own a cheap ohm meter from Coil Masters…the small one that runs off an AA battery. It is more accurate than any of my mods as confirmed by a multimeter. It is always good to have a second device be it another mod, ohm meter or multimeter to confirm your results and to trouble shoot any issues.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I can’t speak for the accuracy of all mods, none of mine are accurate including a DNA250C. They do fall within what I consider a safe range meaning their inaccuracy is not that far off. I own a cheap ohm meter from Coil Masters…the small one that runs off an AA battery. It is more accurate than any of my mods as confirmed by a multimeter. It is always good to have a second device be it another mod, ohm meter or multimeter to confirm your results and to trouble shoot any issues.

For mechs, I agree that it is important to check ohms and make sure it is accurate. On regulated, not so much. As long as it is in the ballpark that you expected and no shorts, then its all good.

But now we are taking this thread into a whole different direction than it was intended for, so I'll just leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread