GUIDANCE & advice for a Newbie please

Status
Not open for further replies.

cllmda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Everyone :) !

I need some help.

I would like to purchase a simple rebuildable atty and get into making my own coils .

WHY ?

Mainly out of concern for the future.

I Live in Western Europe at the moment and the new EURO regulations will be coming into effect sometime in the next six months :( .

For the moment no one is exactly sure how bad the new regulations will actually BE.... but we DO know that, at a MINIMUM, they will have to apply the EURO UNION TPD rules by May 16, 2016 at the very latest ( that means no tanks over 2ml, must be UNleakable (? goodluck!), stringent rules on juices which will be limited to 10ml plastic bottles, lots of testing required with complete list of all ingredients=will probably put all but the major BIG juice manufacturers out of business, no Variable wattage/voltage =input must be exactly equal at all times (???,goodluck with that too!).

ANYWAY....

Like alot of vapers, Ive been stockpiling a few items but I feel that for true long-term "protection" (I dont plan on quitting vaping anytime soon...) I really need to learn how to build my own coils and be able to move on to a RBA/RTA if necessary.

My second reason would be TASTE-FLAVOR chasing!
I Luv great flavor...dont mind much about clouds (dont particularly need large clouds, though I DO enjoy a relatively LOOSE big airflow.)

THE PROBLEM is.....

Im absolutely USELESS at anything "handy" and dont have the faintest idea about electronics (and dont REALLY want to learn all about that either- or just the absolute BARE minimum shall we say ?

Basically, Im a young FEMALE URBAN PROFESSIONAL who grew up in a space-conscious NYC apt. and never saw a workbench in her life :) :) :)
Maybe I can take a hammer and put a picture up on the wall...MAYBE ;)

Ive been vaping since 2011,and lately have been using mostly a Mini Nautilus with 1.6 ohm coils.
I do own an Atlantis and the tiny Kanger subtank (the one UNDER the mini,that doesnt let you rebuild) that I use occasionally with pre-made 1.2ohm coils.Sometimes a Mini aerotank at 1.5 too.

Im not too big on LARGE sized tanks , 3ml would be my max preferred size, because the juices I use (High VG fruits and bakery/custards) seem to oxydize very quickly and the taste changes

= I start off with a lightish yellow and ,though Im a CHAIN-VAPER, I cant finish a 4-5-6ml tank in one day so by the next morning it's turned darkish brown and tastes... kinda yucky.

I also tend to keep several set ups going at the same time with different flavors in them and alternate between them all day.Working mostly at home facilitates this ;)

I have all kinds of mods, a Provari P3, tons of Isticks, 30W ,40W TC, 50W,Sigelei 30W box mod, Istick 100W,mini cloupor, Evic VTC Mini 60, sigelei 100W, Sigelei Zmap V5, IVP2...

I mostly use the 1.6ohm mini nautilus on the P3 or an Istick around 9-11W

Also have a FURY Mech-mod which Ive never used, just bought it on sale on a whim as part of my survivalist-stash ;)

So, what would you guys recommend to start off with ?

I vaguely heard something about FT selling some pre-ready-made coils ?Could that be a good solution for me to start off with ?I would still have to buy wicking material and do that though,wouldnt I ?

Id sure appreciate any suggestions and advice you all could give me on how to start off and what simple-easy RTA/RBA to purchase. (maybe suggest one or two?)

Thanks for your patience and for reading this long post, any advice,tips etc would be very welcome :)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
3ml or less:

Nectar RTA. Clones are only $9-10 USD. Super easy to coil and wick, but leak prone if laid down. Can access build without draining.

Le Magister. Clones are about $15USD. Also easy to build and can access build anytime. Again, not one to leave on its side.

Prometey. There is a clone of the v2. Very easy build, leak proof and can access the build anytime.

Spheroid. Up through v3, a smaller Prometey.

Mini Goblin. Can be single coil and inexpensive.

Ataman 2. 3ml and easy build with juice control.

Lemo Drop. 2.5 ml, and straight forward build.

Flash e Vapor vs. Simple build, access to deck anytime.

Taifun GS2. Similar in function to Flash e.

Reactions: cllmda

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm going to guess that anything that you acquire before the date will be good you just won't be able to replace it later. I finnaly quit smoking with a setup similar to yours after some attempts at using various EGO set ups. I think you'll be absolutely blown away with something rebuildable after using the Nautilus mini, there's a huge difference and building coils really isn't that hard with a little practice.

For the ultimate vapeocalypse rig I would look at something like a REOSMods with an RM2 or some other single coil atty. it's super easy to work with and it's about as close to indestructible as you can get.

Reactions: Rossum

mc8

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Slovenia
So we wont be able to buy ww mods and tanks anymore?? Another excuse for me to buy more stuff now :D

I'd suggest you start with single coil tanks ( like my lemo 2, but its 3.7 ml:) ), but i really love the aromamizer rdta. It is more of a cloud machine ( still great flavor), and mostly made for dual coil builds, but really easy to build with velocity deck. It might not be for you atm, but might come handy later.
Btw, its really not that hard to make a coil..just get a curo coiler or something like that, wrap a wire around it, and thats it ;)

But this really suc*s..does it mean we'll be forced to use old ego's and cigalike's? wtf? Wouldn't be so bad, if the mods on the market today would last for more than few months..oh well, wanted to get the vtc minis in all colors anyway :D
I guess we also won't be able to buy nic bases anymore? Doh, guess its time to move out of EU...

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
Another option is the Subtank Mini. It's in the 4ml ballpark but realistically not that much bigger than the Nautilus Mini, very popular, and wicking doesn't get any easier. Btw even if the Comrades at the European Union start banning stuff, there will always be helpful, shady, Chinese sites that will be able to get you what you need. I'm currently in Chile were nicotine juices are regulated so badly, they might as well be banned (so they are sold under the counter and expensive).. FT to the rescue ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread