Guitar/Bass amplifiers messing with batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedomendured

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2009
Bergen County, NJ
Anyone ever have problems when using loud amps with an ecig (not simultaneously, like with it in your pocket). I was standing next to a full bass stack and my guitarist was playing a half stack and we had drums, PA everything and after a two hour practice my batteries were acting up ( wouldn't activate, would activate after 4-5 seconds of dragging, had to blow on the end and quickly drag to get any vapor, etc) Anyone else had similar experiences? One of my batteries is KIA now, wanted to know if anyone else had a similar experience. I've found that having them on a charger renders them unaffected by the noise/vibrations.

WILDJC

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
New York
Anyone ever have problems when using loud amps with an ecig (not simultaneously, like with it in your pocket). I was standing next to a full bass stack and my guitarist was playing a half stack and we had drums, PA everything and after a two hour practice my batteries were acting up ( wouldn't activate, would activate after 4-5 seconds of dragging, had to blow on the end and quickly drag to get any vapor, etc) Anyone else had similar experiences? One of my batteries is KIA now, wanted to know if anyone else had a similar experience. I've found that having them on a charger renders them unaffected by the noise/vibrations.

I'm planning on vaping at my son's concert this coming October in NY, so I'll let you know then if I have any problems.

treble

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
new orleans
i am a bass player.....beyond that, i live in new orleans, constantly go see bands if i'm not playing myself, referee roller derby, and work at festivals and the superdome-----there is no way i would bring any pv besides the manual battery 510 to any of those things......i have an automatic 401 and an automatic 901 and am going to eventually get manual batteries for both when they are available and i have extra cash, but, yes, any loud environment (ESPECIALLY MY BASS AMP AT BAND PRACTICE) will set off the automatic batteries.....

treble

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
new orleans
good move, weezie, who's playing? i drive a scooter, so i'm in tonight because of the rain......going to finn mccool's on banks street tomorrow night for the derby 'fleur de wheelie' awards....stop by! free admission, free food, much drinking and derby fun....i'll be the one smoking the black thing with the strange blue light on the end surrounded by people asking me questions...lol...actually, believe it or not, i have converted four derby refs and announcers to ecigs already, so there will be a minimum of four of us vaping tomorrow night-----and i'm bringing all three models i own to show the newbie kids---one of them got a dragon 401, one a trinity 401, and the other two have new 510s----there will be plenty of juice on hand!

wezzie

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
New Orleans, La
The manual batteries worked great, thanks again for the great information!!!

Wow, Treble...Jumpin Johnny and the Blue Notes...great blues band. We got there before the band started and I showed the owners (bartending wife/husband team) and the other workers the 510. They were impressed and said I could vape in their bar/restaurant.

The owner told me if I converted his wife (who was very interested) to PV = no more analogs, I could drink there free...HA! I gave her info on this forum and told her to please spend several days reading the different topics because there was so much to learn.

Dang it… it sooo ticked me off to tell her about the FDA/ASH/irresponsible manufacturers thing. I told her to hold off buying a PV until she learned about the different models, juice, etc. AND what the future of e-cig was. Hopefully the court ruling will be in our favor…(and monkeys will fly)… sorry, no rant, just sadness.

Oh, to top it off…her husband told me that her dad had died of lung cancer.

One more thing treble, if we can, we will visit you at finn mccool's ... ! Sounds like a good time....thanks!!!

Hangtime

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2009
Wow, great idea 42109. Didn't even think about manual v auto.

Freedom, what PV are you using in these situations? Have you thought about getting a manual 510?

btw, love the avatar. Did you paint that? It's my kind of art. :)

I love his avatar too, seasons in the abyss is one of my fav Slayer albums. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Auto batts are great for chillin but bad around sound and wind. Not good in your pocket walking around either.

Manual batts are the way to go for sure.

treble

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
new orleans
oops, forgot to tell you wezzie, doors are at 6, awards start at 7....and then it goes on all night with djs and music and debauchery and the like.......and after reading this thread again and thinking about it, i'm not going to even bother bringing the 401 or 901, i'm just gonna stick with the 510 and the pcc, the other two won't last the night with the noise that's going to be going on in the bar.......i'll most likely be wearing a black straw cowboy hat...lol.....later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread