Gung Hay Fat Choy! ... ... Monday, January 23, 2012 — The Year of the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThankU4Vaping

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
NJ
PVSA (Public Vapers Service Announcement)

Gung Hay Fat Choy!
Happy New Year!
On the Western calendar, the start of Chinese New Year in 2012 falls on Monday, January 23, 2012 — The Year of the Dragon.

I was always aware of Chinese New Year because I attended elementary school in NYC's Chinatown and it was always an optional attendance day there. I'm not Chinese so I always went to school that day and only half the kids would show up on CNY. There was always the parade on Mott St. with the colorful dragon at the lead and the firecrackers everywhere.

Ah, but why would a vaper care? CNY 2011 was the first CNY after I started vaping so I didn't know or even imagine that my imported juices could be out of stock or on back-order. One of the things I learned in my first vaping year is to be stocked up on the popular imported juices or pre-filleds in time for CNY.

So, if this is your first CNY as a vaper, make sure you have your favorites on hand just in case. I would imagine the USA juices would not be affected by CNY.

Time to stock up on your Chinese favorites!

ThankU4Vaping

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
NJ
Yes, great post, TU4V, definitely need to be reminded cuz I hate to get caught in that void ;-). If you're on the V4L forum you might post it there, too, for the noobs.

I just went to look at that forum. I am signing up now. Don't know what part of that forum to post this on. The family chat section? Help!

Done registering.
If you were referred to this site by an existing member of V4L Forum, enter their username here. K9luvr

:D

Update (3:50 PM)
Thread is IN!
Forum: New users section

Last edited:

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I think (hope) that enough folks stocked up on the main flavors from China a couple of months ago when I brought this up. (not stealing your thunder TUV4, glad you posted this.) Wowboy and 555 sold out which triggered a full restocking a month or so ago so this should have killed any chances for a drought on those flavors.

I'm not sure if I can go through another 2-3 month period of begging and whining about "my only favorite juice" again. Especially when so many of these whiners are never here to help, support, or congratulate anyone.

TheScootness

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Missouri
Ah yes I was wondering when this was. I started vaping last year on 3/16 so the crappy company I started with was in the death grip of the CNY shortage. I'm really surprised I lasted. Especially since their site didn't tell you if something was out of stock! Then they wouldn't notify you. Days would go by until you finally called and they would just say, "sorry it's back ordered". Thank God I found V4L shortly after!

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
I think (hope) that enough folks stocked up on the main flavors from China a couple of months ago when I brought this up. (not stealing your thunder TUV4, glad you posted this.) Wowboy and 555 sold out which triggered a full restocking a month or so ago so this should have killed any chances for a drought on those flavors.

I'm not sure if I can go through another 2-3 month period of begging and whining about "my only favorite juice" again. Especially when so many of these whiners are never here to help, support, or congratulate anyone.

Totally agree with you there Snow sir!!!

Ah yes I was wondering when this was. I started vaping last year on 3/16 so the crappy company I started with was in the death grip of the CNY shortage. I'm really surprised I lasted. Especially since their site didn't tell you if something was out of stock! Then they wouldn't notify you. Days would go by until you finally called and they would just say, "sorry it's back ordered". Thank God I found V4L shortly after!

I has that experience too!! And completely agree about finding V4L! I think I waited a week before finally contacting them and finally received my order a month and a half later! That was my first, last and only order with them, ugh! Not sure I could've made it without V4L coming to the rescue!

Thanks for the reminder ThankU! Hopefully everyone will heed the advice!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

KimberlyM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2011
The Land of Confusion

I don't think it is possible for me to give that enough +1's

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
so ..we can't count on the fact that v4l accounts and plans for this with extra shipments before that time ? Do they really not get shipments during this time ? ut oh ...no but i'm being serious

Nope, unfortunately they do not. I actually left ECF for a LONG time cause of the "Oh this and that isn't instock and this place sucks cause of it" bs, and it looks like I may be leaving again for a 2 month time period if it happens yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread