guns and roses guitar player... near death.. and ecigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefania123

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
Los Angeles
The debate over whether or not e-cigarettes can be used as an effective smoking cessation device has been raging for years — but according to Guns N’ Roses‘ D.J. Ashba, there ain’t nothing like the real thing.
In fact, Ashba blames his dabbling with electronic cigarettes — which use a vapor delivery mechanism to simulate the smoking experience — with nearly ending his life. The story came out on Instagram (viaBlabbermouth), where a photo Ashba posted of himself holding a cigarette prompted a fan to ask, “I thought you quit the cigs, man?”
Responding that he gave up real cigarettes for nine months, but swapped them out for e-cigarettes that he “bought in a mall in Poland,” Ashba said he ended up learning the hard way that they “contained high doses of nicotine and antifreeze, which kills people.”
Continued Ashba, “Nobody knows this, but I was rushed to the hospital put on heart monitors and I had eight of the best doctors trying to save my life. Poison control confirmed that the nicotine intake that was going into my body from the fake cigarettes was equivalent to smoking 33 packs of cigarettes a day.”
Ashba claims that his ordeal concluded with his doctors advising him to return to real cigarettes “because my body would go into shock if I just stop smoking,” ergo his recent photo with one of the old-fashioned cancer sticks.
It’s kind of an odd story, to say the least, and the majority of the comments on the Blabbermouth story express doubt or disbelief — not only that Ashba found antifreeze-doped e-cigarettes in a Polish mall, but that a doctor would ever recommend smoking.
But hey, anything is possible when you’re in Guns N’ Roses, right?

from: Guns N’ Roses’ DJ Ashba Blames E-Cigarettes for Near Death Experience

smh.. what else was he on? & what an idiot...

see also: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=191812

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Sorry, I never take a druggie's word for anything!

From wiki: "Dj sometimes spent 36 hours a day practicing guitar in his bedroom as a teenager."
LMAO.gif

crawler65

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States
Perhaps he was just drinking bottles of E-juice?!?! I would be willing to bet that E-cigs is the LEAST harmful thing he has put into his body in the last 20 years LOL!!!!!!!

PS: He is a MAJOR TOOL!, but then again, aside from Slash, and maybe Duff, who in that band wasn't???

Last edited:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Seriously though, I sure doubt the validity of what he is saying, but I would like to have some idea as to the amount of nic I am ingesting compared to when I smoked cigs. I vape 10 times more than I smoked. At least. This has been one of my ongoing concerns. I don't think I'm gonna drop dead, but I just wonder about how much I am absorbing comparatively.

LaurAnnHere

Jun 23, 2013
Oak Ridge, TN, USA
Seriously though, I sure doubt the validity of what he is saying, but I would like to have some idea as to the amount of nic I am ingesting compared to when I smoked cigs. I vape 10 times more than I smoked. At least. This has been one of my ongoing concerns. I don't think I'm gonna drop dead, but I just wonder about how much I am absorbing comparatively.

I figured my nicotine consumption had increased since I started vaping since I do it more often than I smoked. I have no tests to confirm this, but I must be getting less because my blood pressure has gone down and I no longer need blood pressure medication. I can't think of any other reason this would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread