Gurgly messy Dragonfly XL Turbotank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorfmunder

Feb 28, 2012
St Louis
I just got one of these Dragonfly TurboTank DCT XL Set (6ml) (DFLYTTDCTXLS) with my new Provari and it's giving me fits! This is my first tank, so maybe I'm just doing something wrong. Honestly, I don't see how since I totally grasp the concept of them and they are so simple.

The hole in the carto is tiny and I didn't alter it in any way. The carto gets completely flooded and it leaks out of the bottom hole in the atty. It doesn't appear to be leaky anywhere else. It has a shaped flange on the bottom of the carto that seats into a recess on the bottom cap and I make sure that's seated in it correctly. I do think it's very easy to slide the carto in and to remove the caps, but having never used a tank before, this may be normal for these. It just seems TOO easy to remove the carto and caps.

It's pretty much like a straw that I could drink the juice from LOL. Do you guys think I got a bum one and need to contact the supplier, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your infinite wisdom, ECF'ers!

Dorfmunder

Feb 28, 2012
St Louis
After washing and thoroughly drying the tank & caps, it's working fine. There must have been a little oil or residue on the o-rings. There is now a bit more resistance when putting on & taking off the caps as well. Had trouble with the tiny hole in the carto feeding right, but I put a thin juice in it (COV Butterscotch) and it's feeding well. I'll have to slot cartos for thicker juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread