Guys....my kanthal turned pink!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
I've been running the same coil for maybe 2-3 days. It's my normal setup, 0.4ohm dual micro coil in a clone Tobh atty, made with 26g A1. I dryburned and re-wicked, juiced it up and after a few hits I noticed the flavor wasn't quite there so I looked and there are pink spots on my coil! Not solid...not dark... Just a light pink on top of each coil in the center. I rewrapped but I'm confused because it's actually happened a couple times before, now that I remember it...does anybody have any ideas on this?

Questions I'm expecting...ohms are steady at 0.4, not fluctuating... I got the Kanthal from Lightning Vapes, I've used maybe half a 100' spool, and of the maybe 3 times this has happened, this is the first time off this roll. It started after the dry burn (maybe the 3rd done on this coil?) and doesn't show on anything besides the center of the coils. There was no water involved, just dry burn & wipe off. There's no metallic taste just a very muted flavor. It's one of my 3 different juices I keep as ADVs and there's been no pattern as to which juice causes this, it was a different one last time and I don't remember the first time. It does attract magnetically to my screwdriver, but all my coils do that once they've been fired up. Help?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread