guys plz , i want to know my vtc5a Original or fake!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed mooka

Dec 21, 2017
oEhA9As.jpg
Ph5Pg12.jpg
3huuyDj.jpg
b7k2Fwz.jpg
cvfbFlj.jpg
9SOdKB6.jpg

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
@Mohamed mooka, the problem is that it's impossible to confirm that a battery is genuine from its appearance. You might be able to see that it's definitely a fake if it has the wrong number of legs on the positive end or something like that, but it's common for counterfeits to match the look of a genuine battery but have something else inside. The only way to tell for sure is to do a bunch of tests requiring advanced knowledge and equipment. I'm sorry we can't be of more help, but the only conclusions you can reach from looking at a battery are:
  • Definitely fake
  • Might or might not be genuine

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's kind of why the reputable suppliers are so important, as they are not known for selling fakes. I'm not sure where you are located, if in the USA, imrbatteries.com is the supplier I use (although there are other good suppliers). If you are located elsewhere, might be worthwhile checking if there's an international forum near your location, where you can find out where safe battery suppliers are located.

If you are uncertain I would probably try to replace it, depending on what options you have where you are at. Good luck,

Anna

• Winner
Reactions: Baditude

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2016
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Mohamed mooka, an important thing in order for others to be able to discern key details in whatever you wish to show is to take good photographs. Take close up shots where the screen is filled with whatever you want to show and not whatever else. Light up the subject a lot. Focus properly. Take multiple shots, select the best looking one. You do not always need to use the gazillion maximum megapixels of the camera, much less if most of them are wasted in “whatever else” (takes up internet bandwidth), so edit and trim off excessive leftovers. Stock camera applications are a piece of sheesh, which doesn't helps. A nice smartphone in philistine operator hands takes crappy pictures. An obsolete smartphone in wise man's hands takes awesome ones.
Example of a driver closeup picture I took with my obsolete smartphone with Open Camera, good lighting and an additional convex lens on top of my camera lens:

1yzrve.jpg

Took me a handful of minutes to get this frame, of course. :blush:

Back on topic :)D LoL!), as others have said it may not be that easy to identify a knock-off, as they say the devil's in the details.
An easy and relatively safe way if you have a regulated mod could be to test in it up to whatever output power can the battery handle, but it will require for you to progressively increase the power between puffs and to monitor cell temperature while watching for early cut-off warnings. Yo do not need to go above the maximum VTC5A rating by Mooch which for this cell may be ≈80W average maximum power, this means if you reach up to 70 - 75W at the coil and it still behaves good it likely is genuine.

By the way, yesterday my deal alert alarm ringed so I had to grab a VTC5A 6-pack for barely $25. Once they reach home from china on the slow boat we'll see. :2cool:

Cheers everyone :)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread