H-PRIV2 owners...never operate your mod without both plastic battery tubes in place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    The tubes are held in place by an adhesive but in the one mod sent to me they were pulled out fairly easily. Without these tubes in place any tear in the wrap of your batteries could cause one of the batteries to be short circuited. This can cause it to overheat, vent, or even explode.

400AA0F3-7FFD-4A6D-91CF-4B9912F16091.jpeg 16BAA6B7-434B-4A35-B412-99ADEDB7D8A3.jpeg D6784102-D765-4D15-8F4C-FC08CD8251BA.jpeg 89481806-2C97-4F2E-ADDB-CB1448688E34.jpeg 28E3F914-7BED-464E-BF61-1FD74571302E.jpeg

Always make sure both plastic battery tubes are in place before inserting batteries into your H-PRIV2!

Since I had the unit I decided I might as well do a tear down. They did not make it easy! The screws were hidden under very well stuck on side panels.

My sincere thanks to All Day Vapes for bringing this to my attention and sending me a unit to inspect!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Any mod? No. Whether something like that is beneficial depends on how the mod is designed to begin with.

Sure, the sled has to fit the space available.

Removable adhesive was apparently the downfall of the H-Priv 2. Sure, every mod requires a battery sled design that suits the device's internal space parameters. Some designs allow the inserts to slide out when the batteries are removed. Others I've seen use what looks like removable heat shrink tubing to minimize rattle. Those can end up in the trash if they slide out when the batteries are removed.

Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Sure, every mod requires a battery sled design that suits the device's internal space parameters.
    No, I mean that some mods don't need anything of the sort. I've got mods with non-conductive bodies. I've got mods with metal bodies where the entire body is always connected to the cells' negative side. A plastic "sled" or even an additional insulating tube would be utterly pointless in such mods. So let's not generalize this issue to "any mod". :)

Now a mod with a metal body, where the body of the mod is not always at the same potential as the negative side of the cell(s), yes. Additional insulation beyond that provided by the battery wrap should be standard, and it should be securely affixed. A "sled" is one way to provide that, but there are certainly other ways that would make the design just as safe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread