Halcyon Vapors out of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMorgan

May 8, 2015
I vaped Halcyon Vapors Dragon Chi almost exclusively for the longest time and now suddenly their website no longer takes orders (with no explanation) and every other vendor I've tried is out of stock for nearly all Halcyon's flavors. I tried contacting the company but got no responses and their phone number redirects to a Tellstar Instruments voicemail. I also tried contacting their manufacturer Molecule Labs (who make juice for many different companies) but also no such luck.

I know Halcyon is in California so I wonder if all the various legislation is taking its toll, but it's still odd that there's no "Goodbye" message on their still functional website or Facebook pages.

If anyone knows anything, it would be great to know what happened. And if you can recommend an alternative juice to Dragon Chi, that would be awesome. :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Same here. I really prefer it if a manufacturer is going to let me know if they're going out of business or whatever, but it doesn't always happen that way. I don't know the brand but I hope some folks do come along and have options for you. Maybe try small sample packs from a variety of vendors?

Anna

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I can't speak for the company in question but from what I have seen from other companies, not vape related, they are fairly vocal about someone closing them down. The most common exceptions I have seen before were the company doing something wrong and do not want anyone to find out the story, and when a company is bad with finances and embarrassed that they had to close the doors. Not saying this is what happened, just saying these are two big reasons I have seen companies quietly fade away.

DIY is a good route to take if you feel up to trying to clone the flavor. Maybe you can find a recipe for it via google.

JMorgan

May 8, 2015
Thank you. I haven't tried DIY juice yet, though I may need to look into that before flavors start getting banned all over the place. Chances are more companies will close and I will need to make my own before too long. I'm quite picky about my flavors and tend to find something wrong with many of them, which is why I was so concerned when my favorite flavor disappeared.

• Agree

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I vaped Halcyon Vapors Dragon Chi almost exclusively for the longest time and now suddenly their website no longer takes orders (with no explanation) and every other vendor I've tried is out of stock for nearly all Halcyon's flavors. I tried contacting the company but got no responses and their phone number redirects to a Tellstar Instruments voicemail. I also tried contacting their manufacturer Molecule Labs (who make juice for many different companies) but also no such luck.

I know Halcyon is in California so I wonder if all the various legislation is taking its toll, but it's still odd that there's no "Goodbye" message on their still functional website or Facebook pages.

If anyone knows anything, it would be great to know what happened. And if you can recommend an alternative juice to Dragon Chi, that would be awesome. :)
I would look at the other brands produced by Molecule labs. I'm almost sure Molecule sold that flavour combination under another name or label. :headbang:

Good luck
I

Ssoz

Sep 1, 2018

Im dealing with the same thing, been vaping dragon chi for almost 4 years, it’s my all day, everyday, go to juice... I heard that the San Fransico flavor ban as caused a delay in production of the Halcyon line until they can find another location. There’s several molecule lab locations throughout the U.S. and hopefully they will move to a more understanding State, an “American State”...I believe “Cuttwood” is also made at the same location I wonder if it’s out everywhere too? Let me know if you hear any news on Halcyon, I’ll do the same...

Cherie K.

Sep 6, 2018

Hi JMorgan! Hey I'm in the same boat as you and I'm sure many other people who have become exclusive Dragon Chi users are wondering what the heck to do now...however, I found another juice that is very close to Dragon Chi and it's working for me. I'm the pickiest person when it comes to juice because I seriously can only use the Dragon Chi but I expressed my desperate concern in an email a while back and this company called Vapecity 509 replied back and brought me a bottle of this stuff. The name of the company is called YAMIVAPOR
and the flavor is called JUUSU. It's a little thicker than what we're used to from Halcyon but I think you might like it. If you hear any news of Dragon Chi coming back...please post =) Good luck to you.. Cherie

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread