Halo Freedom/Smooth/Torque recipes???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
I bought some tobacco absolute and was experimenting with it and I came up with something that will knock your socks off. It's a cross between prime 15 and torque 56. This stuff blows me away. I actually like it better then both prime and torque.

75pg/25vg/18mg base
7% tobacco absolute (If you use TFA's thick tar TA dilute 2 large drops in 10ml PG and use that as your concentrate)
4% AP
4% hangsen cocoa
2% MTB (Methylbutyraldehyde 1%)

If you want it more towards the torque side add 1% hangsen vanilla. Susprisingly it won't add a vanilla taste but will add a thicker body to it. (Must be hangsen vanilla)

Forget prime forget torque this is my new ADV. I think this is a mix halo is going to wish they had.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to duplicate a halo flavor this is my own creation and it's awesome. I haven't been this excited about a mix in a long time.

I'm going to try this will TFA cocoa essence. Has anyone else tried this?--before I waste my ingredients?

robertboyl

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Canada
Hi, Danny master

Will try the prime clones finally. :))

I bought the Hangsen, #5 (30 ml), highaway (30 ml), arabic (30 ml), helder and cocoa (10 ml each) :)) I already have AP...

Also got some TPA TMP and MTB.

You mentioned

"If this is your first shot at prime then substitute the arabic for the hangsen highway. Some have complained that arabic was to hay or grassy tasting and reduce the AP to 1%. I like that grassy note in a vape but many do not. Also you can add a little ( 1 - 2%) hangsen chocolate cream which will perk up that mossy note. But to do it right you need Trimethyl Pyrazine at 1% and Methylbutyraldehyde at .5% (That's point 5 percent or half a percent). Both can be obtained at TFA in there flavor molecules section under chocolate notes. If your going to go that route then eliminate the chocolate cream."

So the above recipe you mentioned is highway 3%, TMP 1% and MTB .5%, right?

I dont see that recipe here hangsen recipes one drive.docx - Microsoft Word Online

Its one the the top prime clones for you? Which is the Prime recipe you prefer?

But I do see one recipe with TMP and another one with MTB.

Thanks!!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Hi, Danny master

Will try the prime clones finally. :))

I bought the Hangsen, #5 (30 ml), highaway (30 ml), arabic (30 ml), helder and cocoa (10 ml each) :)) I already have AP...

Also got some TPA TMP and MTB.

You mentioned

"If this is your first shot at prime then substitute the arabic for the hangsen highway. Some have complained that arabic was to hay or grassy tasting and reduce the AP to 1%. I like that grassy note in a vape but many do not. Also you can add a little ( 1 - 2%) hangsen chocolate cream which will perk up that mossy note. But to do it right you need Trimethyl Pyrazine at 1% and Methylbutyraldehyde at .5% (That's point 5 percent or half a percent). Both can be obtained at TFA in there flavor molecules section under chocolate notes. If your going to go that route then eliminate the chocolate cream."

So the above recipe you mentioned is highway 3%, TMP 1% and MTB .5%, right?

I dont see that recipe here hangsen recipes one drive.docx - Microsoft Word Online

Its one the the top prime clones for you? Which is the Prime recipe you prefer?

But I do see one recipe with TMP and another one with MTB.

Thanks!!

For your first attempt I would do

Hangsen No.5 - 7%
TFA AP - 1%
Inawera chocolate - 2% (Or Hangsen cocoa if following the original recipe)
TFA - MTB .5%
Sample and steep. If not acceptable add .5% TFA TMP

I found that using TMP and MTB together with AP was a bit to much all in the same mix.

I did find my sweet spot using all 3 some where at.
.75% AP
.25% TMP
.5% MTB

But that was a long time ago. You'll need to experiment with the AP, TMP and MTB until you find your individual sweet spot.

Now I don't know where you got arabic and helder from that is unless you meant Elder Captain. But never the less I never use those tobacco flavors in a prime clone. I've also found inawera chocolate produces a far better note then hangsen cocoa so my prefered chocolate note now is inawera chocolate and not hangsen cocoa. Cocoa produces a drier slightly bitter note. Inawera is a closer more defined chocolate top note like what's found in prime
As far as the primary tobaccos Hangsen Highway will make a good substitute for No.5 but I do prefer No.5 over Highway for this mix.
Also as a warning if you don't use the exact flavors from the manufactures I've mentioned your results will be unpredictable and likely not even close to mine. In other words regarding chocolates, Not all chocolate flavors are the same and not all TA's are the same so get what I recommend from the recommended manufactures. If I say Inawera chocolate I don't mean TFA chocolate if I say samera TA I don't mean virginia TA. I don't mean to be so specific but you'll be surprised how many folks screw that up then complain that it don't taste anything like the original recipe..

I've moved on to something new to replace my prime type vape but you'll notice it's pretty close but far easier.

Hangsen NO.5 - 7%
Samara TA - 2%
Inawera Chocolate - 2%
TFA AP - 1%

You can get samara here and search this thread to find how to mix it into a concentrate.

Simpler to make and tastes great. If your a prime lover you'll love this.

Last edited:

robertboyl

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Canada
Hi Danny

Wow, thanks a lot. Yep, sorry, I meant Elder captain and the other recipe in the link I sent (non prime), will try it also.

The samara Ill try in the future, as I already bought a lot of stuff to test.

I didnt get inawera chocolate, rather got HS cocoa and I can get more easily TFA or FA chocolate, although I get what you say that I should try to follow flavourings exactly as you said.

When you say original recipe with HS cocoa, you mean

3% highway (#5 better)
1% AP
1% Methyl B
1% cocoa

correct? but I understand I can use the first recipe you just sent now, but replace Inawera chocolate with 1% HS cocoa.

Can you briefly explain your thoughts on MTB and TMP and how the are different, etc? I suspect I will like them, as I love the aroma and combinations of AP, for example (although it seems to mix good with certain other flavourings like the ry4 double, the tribeca clone is really good, gives me a good/different kick which I search for).

Ill post my results and thoughts :))

Thanks again!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
When you say original recipe with HS cocoa, you mean

3% highway (#5 better)
1% AP
1% Methyl B
1% cocoa

correct? but I understand I can use the first recipe you just sent now, but replace Inawera chocolate with 1% HS cocoa.

Can you briefly explain your thoughts on MTB and TMP and how the are different, etc? I suspect I will like them, as I love the aroma and combinations of AP, for example (although it seems to mix good with certain other flavourings like the ry4 double, the tribeca clone is really good, gives me a good/different kick which I search for).

Ill post my results and thoughts :))

Thanks again!

As far as the cocoa, I was referring to the recipe I gave in this post. It's been a long long time since I used the older recipes and I'm giving advice on the way I mix today. Don't get me wrong the older recipes are excellent prime clones but my taste has changed since then. But my base tobacco has not changed it has always been NO.5. As far as the percentages, you need to experiment with them. What worked for me may not work for you. This clone has gone through quite a bit of evolution over the last few years and your taste will fall some where within that evolution.

As far as the differences of TMP and MTB there very subtle one is more bready one is more mosey but both have that nutty chocolate note. To get a clearer idea go to the TFA site and read the flavor profile of each. It's what I went by when deciding to use them.

robertboyl

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Canada
Hi, Danny

Sorry to disturb again. I started making some prime clones. In that newer version you sent, since I dont have HS chocolate, is it 2 or 3% of HS cocoa?

Pls see if this is a good start, I tried to compile a few recipes you put here and the ones I saw here: hangsen recipes one drive.docx - Microsoft Word Online

test 1)

7% hangsen #5
3% Hangsen cocoa (or 2%?)
.5% Methylbutyraldehyde (get it here) Perfumers Apprentice - Methylbutyraldehyde 1% (PG)
1% AP Perfumers Apprentice - Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (PG)

Sample and steep. If not acceptable add .5% TFA TMP

1.2) test above with Danny's sweet spot

.75% AP
.25% TMP
.5% MTB

test 2)

3% Hangsen #5
1% AP
1% Methyl B
1% cocoa

test 3)

7% hangsen arabic
2% AP

also try same recipe with elder captain, #5, highway and arabic

test 4)

3% highway
1% HS cocoa
1 % AP
1 % MTB

Thanks!
Robert

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Those numbers are all very good starting points. Start the coca at 2% and work up. I would actually do all 4 at once in 10ml samples and taste test side by side. Pick the one that's the closest to what you want and adjust that one to perfection using my guide.

Mixing 101, The Basics - A simple walk through on mixing a favorate standard... RY4 | E-Cigarette Forum

Paying particular attention to this section (Substitue your own flavors)

"I would start right off the bat with 3, 10ml batches making all of them at the same time with different flavoring percentages for my note flavors (See example below).

batch 1 = 7% ry4,
1% cream, 1% caramel
batch 2 = 7% ry4, 2% cream, 1% caramel
batch 3 = 7% ry4, 1% cream, 2% caramel

Steep them for a week or 3 hours in an Ultrasonic cleaner (See my blog on steeping) then taste. Make no mistake ry4 does need to be steeped.

That will tell you the direction you need to go. Then once you determine that the mix needs more of one flavor and less of another flavor, then the final 2 batches can be used to zero in on the amounts.

Example:

Lets say you determine that the cream flavor is good at 2% but there is to much caramel taste at 2% but there is not enough caramel taste at 1%. You can then do the 2 final batches as shown below.

batch 4 = 7% ry4, 2% cream 1.25% caramel
batch 5 = 7% ry4, 2% cream 1.50% caramel"

Make sure you keep careful notes.

Last edited:

robertboyl

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Canada
Danny, I think of also doing them single percentage, just the tabaco flavourings so I can see what they taste like on their own, its a good idea? Although I already made them at 7% with just 2% AP.

Elder, #5, Arabic, Highway - you recommend them all alone at what percentage, 7%?

I also got some Canadian which I did at 3%, Churchill also I used 3%, Elder alone I did at 3%.

I dont like the tabaco too strong so I guess best start lower for single percentage, maybe 3% for them also?

Indian I made with Bobs killer recipe. 6% Indian, 1.5% AP, 1 % EM.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread