Status
Not open for further replies.

rjtoole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Road I Land
Hi, Names Rob.

I am a 15 year army vet and I quit traditional smoking during my last deployment. When I got back home, I began to miss the physical aspect of having a cig and then I learned about e-cigs. I made the leap and purchased the Halo G6 starter kit and fell in love, that is until about a month in. Now before I say the following please understand that I have followed all instructions from Halo as well as some things I learned lurking in this forum as far as batteries go, allowing them to fully charge, cleaning them etc.

The problem is my batteries hardly charge anymore. I take 2 or 3 puffs and they die/blink. The battery light/tip is supposed to turn off once charged but sits for hours still lit up. This is extremely frustrating. As it is almost driving me to the point were smoking a normal cig would be less of a hassle. I have tried utilizing the usb charger alone, in my car on my laptop and also in the wall charger base and no change.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks for reading.

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011
Hello Rob and welcome to ECF! You maight want to contact the vendor to see if they will make good on the batteries. That being said, you sound like you are frustrated with the battery life out of your current unit. If you want to stay with the slim ecig, I would suggest Smokelessimage. They have good batts and great customer service. If you want to move up to a batt that will give you a lot more time to vape, check out the eGo kit from Madvapes.

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette

http://www.madvapes.com/

Last edited:

micksf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
San Fran
I too started with Halo. got me off the analogs, so I'm forever grateful to J @ Halo. Couple things.. It really isn't fully charged until the light goes out. It should take a few hours to charge fully but maybe the batteries are shot. My first two batteries last me about a month before they started to show signs of loss in charge, but I used them around the clock. I eventually ordered a couple more but since have moved on to ego-style batteries. The egos last me all day. If you use them as much I as do, I would suggest moving up to a bigger battery.

Are these manual or automatic batteries? If they are automatic you may have gotten juice inside. Since the automatic batteries are not sealed they are prone to early death if you get juice inside them. I would contact Halo and get their take on the situation. hope that helps.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Are the batteries making contact with the charger? Sometimes from charging the battery a lot and screwing it in tight the connection gets pushed in. Can you get a pin or small screwdriver and very slightly raise the connection in the battery a hair? Do it gently because you could ruin the battery.

I don't have great luck with the usb charger, mine die quickly. Maybe it's your USB charger?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I am going to make guesses

1. Don't buy auto batteries. If you get eliquid leaked into an auto battery you will either kill the battery outright, or cause a quiet short in it that saps power, or make the drag switch sticky so it wastes power by turning off slowly. Wind and vibration can also sometimes turn on autos and waste power. And those so-called sealed autos are not sealed - the hole in the end of the battery is just moved to the sides of the post.

2. Do you always always wipe off the end of your battery before putting it on a charger? If you do not do that then both battery and charger will build up juice residue and get a bad connection for charging. OR your charger could be faulty. Since you should always have spares of everything including charger, then you should be able to see how they charge with your other charger. Or an unstable power supply for the charger can cause problems. I only charge batteries on USB to AC adapters that provide 5v and 500mA (or more mA or at very LEAST the amount of mA the cable says it expects as input) per USB port. And you should not use unpowered USB hubs.

3. Do not use any LR atomizers or cartomizers on slim batteries. You can damage the batteries and ruin their ability to hold charge. Slim ecigs should only be using 2.5 to 3 ohm single coil things (The G6 cartos are fine as are Volt and Bloog and V4L, and anything else in the range I listed)

4. G6, Volt, Bloog and most KR808d-1's have a 5 second cutoff. if you activate it for more than 5 seconds it will cut off and flash quickly for a short time then work again. that does NOT mean it is low on power. It means it was activated for longer than its safety cutoff of 5 seconds. if you want a longer cutoff you can buy V4L batteries and I recommend manuals. Their manuals are not as well sealed as the G6 style but most of the V4L batteries have a custom 10+ second cutoff as stated in their descriptions.

5. Batteries last for 150-250 rechargings and then start to stop holding charge well. if your batteries have been used that much then it may be they have reached their normal lifespan. if your batteries are fairly new then they may be indeed be defective. Contact the vendor - maybe yours are still under warranty. Check their ECF forum if they have one and see if others have been having problems like yours (like a bad batch of batteries)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread