Halo New-Pure e-liquid Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
If you're just asking for opinions on the taste, rather than asking the manufacturer what they put in it, I don't get much, if any, tobacco taste. I'm not even sure it's a menthol taste. It tastes cool like a menthol, but without the mint/eucalyptus sense. Hard to describe. Nobody has even confirmed that it's really vanilla either, but that's what most of us seem to be picking up.

7thCabal

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
808state
I was never one for the really menthol/minty tastes of the dekang juices-- I'm not a total stranger to Halo's product, love the Smooth8, but...

Halo's got something going on in a good way. It's my second day on the Newpure, what comes to mind when vaping it is like a vanilla-cream-mint-licorice or cola mix of flavor-- crammed into a voluminous cloud of vapor. Very clean, subtle, no heavy aftertastes. Definitely recommended if your looking for 'unique' in your liquid

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
Question - are these menthol/tobacco blends? or a pure menthol with vanilla undertones?

I did a review of all 3 menthols, and I don't get a "tobacco" taste with any of them. The only way to explain it though is that they are the closest thing to satisfying my "cig craving" than anything else I've tried.

Also, before I got my first Halo order, I was resigning myself to the fact that "menthol" in e-liquid meant "sweet and minty" or "sinus clearing blast of sweet menthol" - kind of like what Vick's Vaporub does when you smell it - leaves that sensation in your sinuses? These menthols don't do that to me.

They are definitely *menthol* though! Just clean and subtle, and to me - completely satisfying and easy to vape all day without wanting to constantly change flavors to try and satisfy any urges or get away from some of the other over powering "sweet food-ish" type flavors.

The Newpure does give me a slight, really nice hint of mild vanilla on the exhale - and I like that a lot. The Cool is less complex and more of just a clean menthol. Menthol Ice would be the mildest menthol, but still - very refreshing, and I do get a hint of something that I identify with subtle vanilla... YMMV :)

I placed my 3rd order with Halo today and I went with Newpure. I'll probably go back and order some more next week (maybe even the other 2 menthols), just because I like them that much and don't want to be without them now.

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
Can anyone who has both or all three menthols distinguish between them? They're all sounding very similar?

I have tried all three, and Truepure (formerly Newpure) is my favorite. That said, I do like all three menthols. Truepure seems to be a little more complex, and has more undertones.

You can't go wrong with any of the three.

bigboom

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
In my opinion, all three menthol flavors are excellent. I find the Menthol Ice to be the most traditional menthol flavor. Truepure has a little more tobacco/vanilla flavor to it, and Cool Mist is the sweetest of the three. For my palate, i like Cool Mist the best. If you like menthol tobacco flavors, I don't think you'd be disappointed in any of the three.

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
bigboom, For the past two days I have been only vaping Coolmist, and right now it is my favorite!!. I ordered 3 bottles of it today while the sale is on.

I think the good thing about all three menthols is that I like all three, and I can swap them up for a little change.

Someone mentioned earlier that Halo does not make you as thirsty, and I have definitely found this to be true as compared with other juices I vape.

Chameloid

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
Rura Penthe
I ordered 4, 30 ml bottles of Truepure to replenish my stash (2 each of 6 mg & 12 mg) taking advantage of the great sale price. Of all the juices that I have purchased from various vendors over the past 7 months, TP has always and will continue to be in my daily rotation. Halo menthols were my first juices and TP became my primary menthol of choice. I do have some Coolmist and Menthol Ice and might try the CM again to compare, although I felt the TP was the sweeter one. The vanilla exhale is probably what sealed it for me with the TP though. Great juice and glad they now have samplers so more folks can try them!!!

slantdeyevision

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2010
NC
Never really thought about it, but I don't seem to get as dehydrated when I vape on Halo also. I've been on a strict Truepure and Coolmist vape diet for about 2 weeks now. They seem to have a really clean vape with no weird after taste. Great juice.... if you haven't tried them and you like menthol flavors try them out.

bigboom, For the past two days I have been only vaping Coolmist, and right now it is my favorite!!. I ordered 3 bottles of it today while the sale is on.

I think the good thing about all three menthols is that I like all three, and I can swap them up for a little change.

Someone mentioned earlier that Halo does not make you as thirsty, and I have definitely found this to be true as compared with other juices I vape.

jwv651

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Castle Rock, Colorado
I tried my sample of Newpure today for the first time and the first thing that came to mind was Vicks rub. It reminds me when I was a kid my Dad would rub it on my chest and shove it in my nose when I had a cold. I hope it improves through out the day. I also have a sample of Menthol Ice and will give it a go later in the day. I don't think Newpure is what I was looking for in a menthol.

jwv651

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Castle Rock, Colorado
Wow! I take back my last post. I am totally hooked on Halo Newpure and Menthol Ice. I got to say after vaping this stuff for 6 days, I can't put it down. I do prefer Menthol Ice over Newpure. But they are both very very good. Clean, smooth, nice flavor with a hint of something sweet, overall just a nice vape experience, This stuff could be my all day vape. I just ordered 60ml of each flavor and a sample of cool mist.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Wow! I take back my last post. I am totally hooked on Halo Newpure and Menthol Ice. I got to say after vaping this stuff for 6 days, I can't put it down. I do prefer Menthol Ice over Newpure. But they are both very very good. Clean, smooth, nice flavor with a hint of something sweet, overall just a nice vape experience, This stuff could be my all day vape. I just ordered 60ml of each flavor and a sample of cool mist.

Great to hear! I like all of their menthols, but Menthol Ice is my favorite. I never get tired of it, unlike most other flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread