Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Agreed, makes a solid point. Even if I dont entirely agree with it. Super impressed that they'd come in and respond directly. Much respect earned for that, so thank you Johnny. Might I recommend not rubber stamping all your responses to customers questions regarding pg ratios. Just seems so impersonal. Like dealing with an insurance company. Lol.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Agreed, makes a solid point. Even if I dont entirely agree with it. Super impressed that they'd come in and respond directly. Much respect earned for that, so thank you Johnny. Might I recommend not rubber stamping all your responses to customers questions regarding pg ratios. Just seems so impersonal. Like dealing with an insurance company. Lol.

Dayum, you are relentless. :D

HighlanderNorth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Mid Atlantic USA
My Concern with Halo has nothing to do with PG/VG ratios, although I really dont see the big deal in releasing that info, as its no big secret that e-liquids contain PG and VG, and all the other top e-liquid manufacturers have no problem listing theirs. I can understand not wanting to list the ingredients for your flavors or how you extract flavors, etc. But PG and VG are known to be in almost all e-liquids. But its not that big a deal to me.

But thats not my problem with Halo, as I planned on buying some small bottles tonight to try out their flavors, but when I went to Google the website, I got the very rare warnings/bad ratings from Google about this website, so I didnt even enter.
They rate sites based on 4 factors, such as vendor reliability, trustworthiness, Privacy and child safety. Halo is rated very low in every category, with every category but 1 getting just 1 out of 5 on their ratings scale, except for trustworthiness, which they get 2 out of 5. I honestly dont see ratings that low very often, and when I do I dont go there.

So, does anyone know why this site/company gets such low ratings from Google? I see that people here and elsewhere order stuff from them, so whats the problem? I dont want to log into any site that is going to send my info to god knows who so that I start being barraged with spam and junk mail again, as I had to change email addresses twice already because of that nonsense.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
My Concern with Halo has nothing to do with PG/VG ratios, although I really dont see the big deal in releasing that info, as its no big secret that e-liquids contain PG and VG, and all the other top e-liquid manufacturers have no problem listing theirs. I can understand not wanting to list the ingredients for your flavors or how you extract flavors, etc. But PG and VG are known to be in almost all e-liquids. But its not that big a deal to me.

But thats not my problem with Halo, as I planned on buying some small bottles tonight to try out their flavors, but when I went to Google the website, I got the very rare warnings/bad ratings from Google about this website, so I didnt even enter.
They rate sites based on 4 factors, such as vendor reliability, trustworthiness, Privacy and child safety. Halo is rated very low in every category, with every category but 1 getting just 1 out of 5 on their ratings scale, except for trustworthiness, which they get 2 out of 5. I honestly dont see ratings that low very often, and when I do I dont go there.

So, does anyone know why this site/company gets such low ratings from Google? I see that people here and elsewhere order stuff from them, so whats the problem? I dont want to log into any site that is going to send my info to god knows who so that I start being barraged with spam and junk mail again, as I had to change email addresses twice already because of that nonsense.

Maybe its in protest because google cant even answer how much pg/vg are in their liquids. Lol. I have no doubt that their site is legit by the way.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I've read this thread with interest, mainly because I'm allergic to PG. It breaks me out even in 50/50 mixes so I guess I can scratch Halo off my list of vendors to try.

I DIY in self defense most of the time as so many vendors routinely use 70/30 blends. At least making my own I know for damned sure what's in it.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I've read this thread with interest, mainly because I'm allergic to PG. It breaks me out even in 50/50 mixes so I guess I can scratch Halo off my list of vendors to try.

I DIY in self defense most of the time as so many vendors routinely use 70/30 blends. At least making my own I know for damned sure what's in it.

Well the good news is 99% of the vendors WILL tell u what you're going to be sucking into your lungs.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Interesting thread. I've noticed the name Halo popping up in other threads and was getting curious, until I started reading this thread. I have really bad sinus problems anyways, even the surgery only helped for a short period of time. High PG tends to stuff my head up, so I try really hard to stay 100% VG. I was prepared to drop Halo off the 'maybe' list and then I saw JohnnyBlaze's posts. I'll check back from time to time on Halo. in hopes that a 100%VG or 'purity' line is forthcoming.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Interesting thread. I've noticed the name Halo popping up in other threads and was getting curious, until I started reading this thread. I have really bad sinus problems anyways, even the surgery only helped for a short period of time. High PG tends to stuff my head up, so I try really hard to stay 100% VG. I was prepared to drop Halo off the 'maybe' list and then I saw JohnnyBlaze's posts. I'll check back from time to time on Halo. in hopes that a 100%VG or 'purity' line is forthcoming.

I think with the increasing number of people looking for vg liquids they almost have to add one to stay competitive. Johnny said he had hoped to already have one out. I'd find it interesting if it'd be released as 100% vg or if that too will actually be kept secret to protect the recipe. It may be listed as "substantially" higher vg content or something? Likewise, I too will stay tuned. We are all looking for a great vaping experience and a great juice only adds to that experience no matter what vendor it comes from.

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
For two years, I have dealt with Halo. I have never personally talked with Johnny Blaze, but we have passed many emails back & forth over this time. When he released his first ecig, he was not happy with the cartos, and wrote me to tell me he was not happy with them and he was sending me some attys. I consider that reliable & trustwothy. Their 30 ml glass bottles may not be considered safe for children, but I do know that ejuice is not safe for children. When I place an order, it goes out that day. His site is secure for payment.

For me personally, I cannot say enough nice about Johnny Blaze, Cinder Ella and Halo. In the two years I have vaped, I have ordered over 100 different liquids. The only liquid other than Halo's that I have ever reordered is KBV Hummingbird Nectar. I vape Halo 99% of the time. I do not have a pg issue, but I can tell that some of their liquids have more pg than others.

This is a forum, and it is great to get people's opinions on everything having to do with ecigs. And again I will state that if someone feels that Halo is not the right juice for them, there are many other juices out there to try.

@ Dante, As a 54 year old woman with manners, I consider it rude to bash someone who offers me a gift. If it was not a gift I was interested in, I would say "No, thank you" or I would give it away. But I would not go out of my way to belittle the giver.

Last edited:

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
As a 54 year old woman with manners, I consider it rude to bash someone who offers me a gift. If it was not a gift I was interested in, I would say "No, thank you" or I would give it away. But I would not go out of my way to belittle the giver.

I'm sorry, my purpose was not to belittle them, simply to inform fellow vapers that if they indeed had a pg sensitivity that they will not be forthcoming with that information. To their offer of free samples my response was: great, thank you, I'm sensitive to pg how much is in your juice? This was met with their standard response that really didn't tell me much. A follow up email was never answered. That's how the frustration began. It wouldn't be any different if I had a peanut allergy and went to a restaurant and asked if they used peanut oil for their fryers. If their response was one of the oh we can't tell you variety, I agree, I'd eat elsewhere. But for people with a peanut allergy that go to that restaurant shouldn't that information be readily available? (as it is).

Miira

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Seaside, CA
So I did try out the sample of Turkish Tobacco they sent, and yeah, no way in hell. It actually made my chest feel tight. The flavor was good though, and I'll pass it on to a friend who isn't PG sensitive. I'm kind of bummed. They sent me a 30 mil sample in this cool glass bottle, which is rather awesome, as most samples are 5mil or less.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
So I did try out the sample of Turkish Tobacco they sent, and yeah, no way in hell. It actually made my chest feel tight. The flavor was good though, and I'll pass it on to a friend who isn't PG sensitive. I'm kind of bummed. They sent me a 30 mil sample in this cool glass bottle, which is rather awesome, as most samples are 5mil or less.

Ahhh ya a 30ml sample is huuge. That sucks though. Have a feeling I'll be the same way.

Neya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
MA
I got the bottle I won from Halo, plus a sample(10ml)

I'm also pg sensitive, get headaches if I take more than a few puffs. I can tolerate 30% for some of the day.
But the flavor is so so so good. Longhorn especially. TriBeCa is a bit too sweet for me right now.
So I had a carto, and I'll take a puff of longhorn for a flavor hit then switch back to my vg juices.
Also, even if one is not sensitive but used to a thick VG lung hit one wont get it from either. they're "airy"

If they had these in VG I'd be in heaven.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I got the bottle I won from Halo, plus a sample(10ml)

I'm also pg sensitive, get headaches if I take more than a few puffs. I can tolerate 30% for some of the day.
But the flavor is so so so good. Longhorn especially. TriBeCa is a bit too sweet for me right now.
So I had a carto, and I'll take a puff of longhorn for a flavor hit then switch back to my vg juices.
Also, even if one is not sensitive but used to a thick VG lung hit one wont get it from either. they're "airy"

If they had these in VG I'd be in heaven.

I received my samples yesterday. Very large samples. I went ahead and tried them. My guess is these are definitely pushing 70-80% pg. I received the tribeca and the freedom juice. I have to say both are excellent in flavor and I didn't have an immediate reaction to the pg as I do a lot of high pg liquids but after a few hours off and on them I definitely started getting that scratchy throat, irritated nasal passage feeling and put them down.

Interesting...I too have a PG sensitivity. Puffy face, watery eyes, my head feels heavy, face rash, nose gets stuffy, with headaches. Most of my juice is 70/30. I vaped 90% VG today and felt much better. Will 100% VG give me the same vaping experience? Or do most put a tiny percentage of PG in their orders? I don't want to minimize my great vaping experience, but yet I don't want to feel bad. I already spent too much money finding the tastes I like (and still looking), and now those will be given to my Mom. But what is the happy medium for most folks? Or should I bite the bullet and go all 100% VG? Any suggestions?

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Interesting...I too have a PG sensitivity. Puffy face, watery eyes, my head feels heavy, face rash, nose gets stuffy, with headaches. Most of my juice is 70/30. I vaped 90% VG today and felt much better. Will 100% VG give me the same vaping experience? Or do most put a tiny percentage of PG in their orders? I don't want to minimize my great vaping experience, but yet I don't want to feel bad. I already spent too much money finding the tastes I like (and still looking), and now those will be given to my Mom. But what is the happy medium for most folks? Or should I bite the bullet and go all 100% VG? Any suggestions?

Bobas at 100% vg or gorilla juice from AVE are great 100%vg juices. You won't feel cheated. Any of HHV 100% vg you will also be happy with. And HHV uses vg flavoring for theirs so it is in fact 100% vg. I can tolerate up to about 40% pg without any adverse effects. I'd recommend going with as much pg as you can tolerate. More pg will give you more flavor, a better throat hit, and is typically thinner so it's easier on cartos and such. Although HHV 100%vg tastes full strength to me and is fairly thin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread